KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » No one is evil.

No one is evil.
Started by: Illuminati

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FoxMeister
Tank

Mabye Hitler thought he was doin everyone a favor when he invaded Poland. Was he wrong to mess with the Polish.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 03:49 PM
FoxMeister is currently offline Click here to Send FoxMeister a Private Message Find more posts by FoxMeister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FoxMeister
Mabye Hitler thought he was doin everyone a favor when he invaded Poland. Was he wrong to mess with the Polish.

No

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 03:51 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frigid Soul
Mazda Chick

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Girls are evil... I have proof:

(please log in to view the image)

I might actually take offence to that if it weren't true. laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 02:18 AM
Frigid Soul is currently offline Click here to Send Frigid Soul a Private Message Find more posts by Frigid Soul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Girls are evil... I have proof:

(please log in to view the image)
laughing

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 06:55 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

This thread is wrong, I'm evil

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 08:18 PM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I know an evil type person...........I'm making a voodoo doll of him....

me---->>

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 01:30 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by FoxMeister

Of course not. Poland should be invaded and occupied far more often in my oppinion.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 05:12 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Matthew
Level ??? Con-Man

Everyone is good. People who are considered evil are just lost souls, or for those Atheists out there: misguided.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2014 08:22 AM
Dr. Matthew is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Matthew a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Matthew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fostersAccount
Filmmaker & Cinephile

Easy enough to say that evil does not exist, but unless you're a sociopath you will soon find that your conscience is a punishment for ill action.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2014 09:00 AM
fostersAccount is currently offline Click here to Send fostersAccount a Private Message Find more posts by fostersAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: No one is evil.

Originally posted by NK-Syndrome
Not Osama Bin Ladin. Not Josef Stalin. Not even Hitler. They all are just different. They have their own way of thinking... And that's the way of thinking they developed.

I was in Osama's country right about the time this was posted. I respectfully disagree. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 17th, 2014 09:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Illuminati
Not Osama Bin Ladin. Not Josef Stalin. Not even Hitler. They all are just different. They have their own way of thinking... And that's the way of thinking they developed.

I believe that everyone is evil, some more so than others. The reason that you don't see it is because you refuse to believe that you are capable of committing atrocious acts against a fellow human being. It only takes one lie to be labeled a liar, just as it only takes one death to be considered a murderer. Most people kill daily. Some live behind illusions that they have not ever killed. I have. I haven't killed a person, but I have killed a bug. I used to feed goldfish to my Texas cichlid as a child, but if the goldfish was a human, and my Texas cichlid a shark, would that not still be considered murder? A life is a life. I don't believe that we are pure evil incarnate, but we are all capable of cruelty, and cruel acts.

Recently, I was alerted to the cruelty committed to livestock. I was sent an email telling me how cruel turkeys are treated, and I thought, why should I care, I love eating turkey, and thought no more of it. This was a week ago. Now what if that turkey were a human? In terms of history, it wasn't that long ago that people were treated cruelly by their masters, actually let me take that back, because slavery still exists even today. Is that not evil?

Like it or not, you can hide behind whatever you want to, but we are all capable of the vilest things imaginable, and the only thing that keeps us from crossing the line are our morals, and ethics. If you read some of the responses in this very thread, you will see that some are slipping, and if they thought long and hard enough about it, order and chaos is just a figment of our imaginations. Someone once said that we were only a few meals away from anarchy. I wonder sometimes.

Last edited by Stoic on Jun 18th, 2014 at 07:54 AM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:50 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Evil is not a thing or a person. Evil is something that a person does; it is an action. Evil is also not absolute nor mutually exclusive. Evil is relative. One persons evil can be another person good, at the same time.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 11:01 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Moral relativism isn't very useful to a healthy society, imo.

It was invented as a backlash against the "moral west", but is used as a double edged sword to both vilify those who act against someone perceived as "immoral", and to rationalize away their own moral failings.

The hyprocrisy comes from judging the wests actions as evil, since in a world without morality there would be nothing whatsoever wrong with imposing your views on another culture (On what basis would you condemn interventionism? Without a moral framework, why shouldn't America, Israel, or whoever depose a democratically elected leader and insert their own puppet?)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 04:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Moral relativism is disgusting

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 04:36 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Moral relativism isn't very useful to a healthy society
I agree, however you'd be fascinated at how lost hunter-gatherer tribesmen behave towards the disabled etc. It does show culture is a strong component of ethics and morality.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 04:38 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

There’s a difference in variance of moral perspective and the notion that all moral perspectives are equally valid.

The way I view moral law is similar to scientific law. We do not fully understand it and nobody understands it perfectly, but there are some people and societies that approximate closer to the truth than others.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 08:57 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

By stating what you just stated you destroyed your argument. If I have to explain why I suggested you read up on how preconceived notions affect observation and perception. It's also worth observing issues like slavery which are morally abhorrent in the west now were once widely accepted and still exist in some places in the world. It might be better to consider morality as evolving, however, there is always cultural relativism like it or not and I have no problem with your assertation subjectively that some societies are more moral than others and I agree. It's not objective though.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2018 05:29 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

You are a Robot. You have no understanding of such concepts as "Good & Evil" Your Opinion is thus invalidated by that reasoning.

Boop Boop Beep Beep.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2018 06:13 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Putinbot1
By stating what you just stated you destroyed your argument. If I have to explain why I suggested you read up on how preconceived notions affect observation and perception. It's also worth observing issues like slavery which are morally abhorrent in the west now were once widely accepted and still exist in some places in the world. It might be better to consider morality as evolving, however, there is always cultural relativism like it or not and I have no problem with your assertation subjectively that some societies are more moral than others and I agree. It's not objective though.

No I did not tank my own argument, I said there is objective morality, but everyone is incorrect about it to varying degrees, some much moreso than others.

In some societies their understanding of ****ing science is that if you do voodoo in a certain part of africa lightning will strike your enemies or some shit. We're not close to understanding everything scientifically in the west, but we're closer than that shit, and just because people or cultures disagree on things doesn't mean one isn't closer or further from the truth than the other or that there is no truth to be discovered. There are objective facts that people would argue against, and objective facts we are not remotely close to discovering, that doesn't mean objective facts do not exist.

Preconceived notions can be misleading. A baby at a certain age has the notion that there is no object permanence, that something only exists as long as they see it, just because that position is shaped by a preconceived notion doesn't mean it is as valid as any other position, and it doesn't mean the subject in question is solely a matter of opinion.

I mean **** if some dumbass thinks that if I give $2 to a person who already has $2 that they now have five dollars, does that mean math is relativistic and just a matter of opinion?

The notion of things influencing people's stances is pretty self-evident, as is the notion that people disagree on morality, what's not self-evident is the weird connection from point A to point B that you draw where you assume an admission that people disagree on something is evidence that there is not an objective answer to be reached. I mean **** by that logic there is no objective truth at all since I could get some contrarian ******* to disagree with anything anyone says, and therefore there'd be disagreement on it.

All your post tells me is that you did not understand what I was actually saying.

Last edited by Emperordmb on Apr 5th, 2018 at 07:34 AM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2018 07:31 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by cdtm
Moral relativism isn't very useful to a healthy society, imo.

It was invented as a backlash against the "moral west", but is used as a double edged sword to both vilify those who act against someone perceived as "immoral", and to rationalize away their own moral failings.

The hyprocrisy comes from judging the wests actions as evil, since in a world without morality there would be nothing whatsoever wrong with imposing your views on another culture (On what basis would you condemn interventionism? Without a moral framework, why shouldn't America, Israel, or whoever depose a democratically elected leader and insert their own puppet?)

What is immoral is to bump a thread this old, you evil moth*phucker.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 5th, 2018 07:56 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote