KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » sol badguy vs akuma

sol badguy vs akuma
Started by: sixTeen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shin_remy

you have no expression

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 10:45 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Skeets
What he said and get real who hasn't played street fighter.
I haven't. embarrasment

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 12:03 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

My theory was that because of Akuma's massive energy and strength feats (island, Ayers rock and meteor killing), coupled with the very impressive accomplishments of going toe to toe with guys like Gill, Oro and even outright killing Bison with minimal effort.

I've played Guilty Gear numerous times, but i'm going to need more info on his in story capabilities, is he capable of withstanding a meteor killing punch? can he survive the Shun Goku Satsu? or any of the Messatsu Techniques for that matter?

Akuma, and especially shin akuma have proved beyond human capabilities... Sol has a definitive number of skills, but In Story capabilities looks more impressive with Akuma.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 12:12 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Originally posted by shin_remy
you have no expression
Click here

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 12:06 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Dunno really. I've played both, though honestly I'm MUCH more into Guilty Gear. And Sol Badguy is my best character, too.

Akuma is very powerful all around, I know this. But Sol is also very powerful, and extremely quick as well.

Not really sure here. I'd like to know more about Akuma first, just to clarify my understanding of him.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 02:29 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

Akuma when he was young in the ''sf alpha series'' was talking about destroying the whole world if nobody could kill him. He is still waiting for ryu to kill him in a match.

He destroyed an Island with ONE PUNCH with ease. He was in alpha strong enough to destroy mountains and islands with his punshes

An HADOUKEN, a simple fireball destroys an Building
Messatsu Gou Hadou is a big fat beam. is seen in the anime, is about 3 by 3 meters

Ryu at the age of 17 was able to dodge bullets from a few meters of his head but he wasn't able to see akuma coming from behind

His Chi surrounds the area when he fights

He tested a new move on the Rocky Mountain and the Mountain split in half.

He was able to withstand the pressure miles under the water!!

Shun Goku Satsu kills your opponent no matter how strong you are. YOU DIE if he grabs you. Akuma only use it on people who are stronger then him or are strong enough to get the attack.
Storyline wise, you're dead and gameplay wise you're 50 to 80 % dead

Misogi : Is so fast, strong and cannot be blocked either also 50 to 80 % he only uses it as shin Akuma

Kongoukunkoratsuzan : Powerful Chi PUNCH that was able to split Rocky Mountain

Shin Akuma : AKUMA WITHOUT HOLDING BACK POWER!!!!!!!!!
he gets white hair and a other symbol on his back,

He destroyed an Comet that could destroy a third size of the world. He destroyed it with one PUNCH!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:36 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

it's hard to compare because there is not actual story info on Sol's accomplishments, but game-wise Sol would win

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 01:30 AM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol misogi... I sidestep that crap habitually.. its a waste of 3 superbars

remy you said ken broke a mountain in one punch, but when we saw the comic it was a boulder... so dont exaggerate please

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 09:28 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

@ Satsujin

Gouken said that it was a mountain smile so i Assume that it was a mountain. perhaps it looks little on the picture but if you look carefuly you see that there are huge trees on the left. And the mountain is surpassed that!!

and what are you talking about ONE Sidestep of Misogi. and WTF 3 Superbars?

since when after alpha did Akuma had 3 superbars, tell me that!!

BLA BLA BLA, keep talking like that, that is impossible and IT IS GAMEPLAY WISE. storyline wise youre just focked!!

Last edited by shin_remy on Aug 4th, 2006 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 08:17 PM
Kayne Archeron

i believe he means bars like A-ism

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 08:56 PM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

@ Satsujin

Gouken said that it was a mountain smile so i Assume that it was a mountain. perhaps it looks little on the picture but if you look carefuly you see that there are huge trees on the left. And the mountain is surpassed that!!

and what are you talking about ONE Sidestep of Misogi. and WTF 3 Superbars?

since when after alpha did Akuma had 3 superbars, tell me that!!

BLA BLA BLA, keep talking like that, that is impossible and IT IS GAMEPLAY WISE. storyline wise youre just focked!!

Misogi's always taken tree bars.When has it not?

And Story wise Sol doesn't even use half his powers and he beat Justice and Dizzy who are both commander gears.Commander gears have the power to control every other Gear cept Sol as he's the Prototype.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 09:13 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol misogi... I sidestep that crap habitually.. its a waste of 3 superbars

remy you said ken broke a mountain in one punch, but when we saw the comic it was a boulder... so dont exaggerate please
Combo into it and its not...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 04:11 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Combo into it and its not...

if you mean the demon grab, just trip the person before you do it

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 06:19 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Naw misogi is a chop, and its not instant... S.Gouki's raging demon is far more worth it, both damage and setup wise.. if you dont get jabbed.. regular Akumas raging demon is crap.. same power as evil ryu

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 08:43 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

The Demon's easier to avoid... In Shin Akuma's case you can combo it off of a Jab up close, but otherwise one can just Jump over it.

I have hit many opponents with the Misogi... It is a damn near instant attack, less than 13rd of a second bitween execution and the strike means it's an exellent mistake punisher, and it cannot be blocked in the air...

I have scored more Dramatic Ko Finishes with the Misogi than any other move in CvS2 (Dramatic KO Finish means you interrupt another persons special move or super move with your own supermove, for those of you who don't know, it's basically winning with a counterhit.)

The Misogi however, can be dodged or blocked if the opponent is fast enough, but this is highly unlikely due to the extreme speed of the move. On another note; the move is executed the exact same way as the Messatsu Gou Hadou, just with the kick buttons insetad of the punch buttons, so it's actually pretty easy to combo into.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 09:38 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

Originally posted by Skeets
Misogi's always taken tree bars.When has it not?

And Story wise Sol doesn't even use half his powers and he beat Justice and Dizzy who are both commander gears.Commander gears have the power to control every other Gear cept Sol as he's the Prototype.

ooh really tell me where Akuma has 3 bars after alpha?

in the most sf games he has just 2 bars

and Regular akuma uses just a little percentage of his strenght. he always holds back, cause he don't need to use much strenght in sf.

have you ignored my post about what he can do ?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 10:42 AM
Darkstorm Zero

ooh really tell me where Akuma has 3 bars after alpha?

in the most sf games he has just 2 bars

and Regular akuma uses just a little percentage of his strenght. he always holds back, cause he don't need to use much strenght in sf.

have you ignored my post about what he can do ?

Sorry to disagree with you here, but C-Groove is based on Alpha 3 A-ISM, where the misogi clearly chews up all 3 super bars. Now, the only other Groove in CvS2 that uses multiple bars of Super to do the move is N- Groove. and there the Misogi eats 2 bars.

The Misogi, like the Shun Goku Satsu is a level 3 only move. and the Misogi has only appeared in 3 games, Capcom Fighting Evolution (Also known as Capcom Fighting Jam) Capcom Vs SNK 2, and SNK vs Capcom Chaos. In Chaos, the Misogi was Shin Akuma's Exeed, and could only be used once per match.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 11:38 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
if you mean the demon grab, just trip the person before you do it
Or anti-air it.

Naw misogi is a chop, and its not instant... S.Gouki's raging demon is far more worth it, both damage and setup wise.. if you dont get jabbed.. regular Akumas raging demon is crap.. same power as evil ryu
Misogi is about the most effective attack in the game, if an opponent wiff's anything beyond a jab, they suddenly take more damage than any move in the game can do, it can't be blocked in the air, and it's so damned fast.

Raging demon is good for points and what not, but it's a bit easier to see coming and avoid.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 02:34 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Sorry to disagree with you here, but C-Groove is based on Alpha 3 A-ISM, where the misogi clearly chews up all 3 super bars. Now, the only other Groove in CvS2 that uses multiple bars of Super to do the move is N- Groove. and there the Misogi eats 2 bars.

The Misogi, like the Shun Goku Satsu is a level 3 only move. and the Misogi has only appeared in 3 games, Capcom Fighting Evolution (Also known as Capcom Fighting Jam) Capcom Vs SNK 2, and SNK vs Capcom Chaos. In Chaos, the Misogi was Shin Akuma's Exeed, and could only be used once per match.
I'm thinking he means in canon, like SF3 or something and not versus series... but yes it is a max move.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 02:35 PM
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

and skeet who is that hooded dude in yer sig.. he kicks ass
That would be the Assasin's Creed guy wink

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 03:22 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote