KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » What Did Jack Steal? [Spoiler]

What Did Jack Steal? [Spoiler]
Started by: a1cd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Infinity
Big Boss

wow amazing theories... verywell thaught out guys.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 05:10 AM
Infinity is currently offline Click here to Send Infinity a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Oh, I have no doubt they were lovers, but back to the stealing...I agree with whoever said earlier it showed him just stealing whatever he could get his hands on. He latches onto material objects, according to Johnny Depp, and who knows Jack better than him? But if there is any meaning to stealing a ring, I have one idea: Liz. Maybe at the end of the first movie, he wove her off as a passing fancy, but if he saw Will again, I bet he figured Liz wouldn't be far behind. Just an idea. I don't even believe it myself, but if there is a reason, that could be it.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 10:56 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

LOL yeh we shall have to agree to disagree here katelovespirate..

But why give him a sense of false security in a time of real danger?..she KNOWS its very a dangerous for him. She knows he's a person who clings onto things to feel safe..she knows it's not going to help him..and she knows he will put all his faith into the Jar of dirt..

Tia KNEW that jack was going to die..she had the means to bring him back from the dead in her cabin long before Jack even went to see her....so who's to say she didnt know the Jar of dirt would lead norrington to find the heart? She can SEE the future..thats the whole point of Tia..she can forsee things that are going to happen..She could see Will's destiny..thats why she said it just as she threw the things down when looking for the flying dutchman.."a touch of destiny" is her reply to Will's "seems as if we need to find the Dutchman" Will is going to br like Davy..she can see it..

I dont think she wants the EITC to have the heart to control Davy..she just wants it to be SAFE from being destroyed by Jack or Will....Norrington is the person who would make SURE it got into the "hands of saftey"..and guess who she makes them run into..Nirrington lol. I think she is Calypso in disguise..she wants her hubby BACK..and how can she get him back for good? MAKE WILL THE NEW CAPTAIN OF THE DUTHJMAN EEEEEEKKK! I think it's her who's prompting along the whole Will/Davy thing...she uses beckett (the only man with the authority to stop the wedding!) to start the whole thing off..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 10th, 2006 at 01:22 AM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 01:07 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

There IS evidence in the movie that Beckett has been talking to her before hand..

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 01:23 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
surfchikpir8fan

originally posted by LovelyOne: There IS evidence in the movie that Beckett has been talking to her before hand..

yeh i agree its a bit wierd beckett goes "a marriage interupted ... and fate intervened" (or watever he says) i doesnt exactly fit in2 this until i reallly thought bout it maybe tia did plan somethin im not sure ah well doesn't matter potc 3 is already in my top 5 fav movies n it hasn't even been finished yet lol i still think tia is gonna turn out 2 be a good person just in a .......... um weird way i mean its not normal 4 some1 to c in2 da future i think shes still gotta pretty mad character to play jack steals barbossa's ring n has a pretty good look at his hat next to the ring there's the locket (correct me if im wrong) i don think he takes that i always miss it when jack the monkey goes over to barbossa's boots it's annoying but i can pause when comes out on dvd any1 no when that'll be?????????

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 06:00 AM
surfchikpir8fan is currently offline Click here to Send surfchikpir8fan a Private Message Find more posts by surfchikpir8fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
surfchikpir8fan

oh just a thought wat if jack took the ring to propse to liz if he got even a better chance lol

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 06:01 AM
surfchikpir8fan is currently offline Click here to Send surfchikpir8fan a Private Message Find more posts by surfchikpir8fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bat14
Davy Jones

i wonder what the fortress at the beginning is about ?
why do they show those tortures ?

--- I'm waiting ---

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 02:17 PM
bat14 is currently offline Click here to Send bat14 a Private Message Find more posts by bat14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

yea that was weird

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 05:25 PM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

diddo,....

Jonas Brothers.....need I say more?? big grin

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 05:31 PM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Its probably going to play a part in the next move too...confused

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 07:53 PM
surfchikpir8fan

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh when is da dvd coming out i cant wait any longer or this will happen

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 07:50 AM
naveed

Maybe the place is like an EITC building where there torturing pirates.

And they had the picture of the key in the building at the time so Jack went in to steal it.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 04:34 PM
naveed is currently offline Click here to Send naveed a Private Message Find more posts by naveed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
canchaserAK

i think the only reason they made sure we notice jack taking things from tia is so we notice the locket, so when later on when will is trying to take the key and we see the same locket we make the connection between tia and davy. personally I think she wants things to work out between will and liz but knows they wont so it plays to her sympathies about her lost lover davy. you saw how the locket playing the music calmed him so....... he loved tia, but couldn't tame her and it broke his heart. will loves liz but cant tame her and undoubtedly it will break his heart

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 05:46 PM
canchaserAK is currently offline Click here to Send canchaserAK a Private Message Find more posts by canchaserAK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

I think your right. but wrong at the same time because Jack can tame her. He just has t get rid of Will. Which he seems to have trouble doing.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 06:46 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
canchaserAK

jack can tame her, but will cant he just doesnt have the spirit.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 11:58 PM
canchaserAK is currently offline Click here to Send canchaserAK a Private Message Find more posts by canchaserAK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Tia seemed to be weirdly happy and exited when she was suggesting to Will that Liz will break his heart later..I don't think she is sympathetic towards Will at all..or Jack for that matter..or anyone..except Davy..when she's telling the story..

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 12:10 AM
surfchikpir8fan

LovelyOne sorry i've forgotten can u tell when tia suggets that Liz will break Will's heart sorry i've got a bad memory sometimes lol smile

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 10:55 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

It's an exciting story, Lovelyone. She can't act all sad and depressed telling it, or people will either not listen to her, or they'll piece it together too quickly that it's about her. These movies are full of storytellers. Almost every character has to fill in another character with details, and they always do it very dramatically and excitedly. She's a witch and a mysterious woman full of trinkets and stuff. She can't make the story sound like a tragedy because it's too close to her, so she disguises it as a horror story and tells it like one, very excitedly and dramatically.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 03:56 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jcksparrows
Blackend Pearl

I heard somewhere what it was he stole:
First of all, it was a ring. A black one, I think. Very big. Good for cocktail parties. Anyways...
Secondly, I heard that the ring allows him to talk to sea turtles. As you may have noticed in the past movies, Jack has a story or two about sea turtles ("He roped a couple of sea turtles..." in Curse and "Sea turtles, two of them strapped to my boots!" from Will in Chest) so in the third one they have to say something about the lovable animal. big grin
I also heard that Jack needs to climb up the waterfall (at World's End) because he just does. They have their reasons! So he talks some sea turtles into giving him a ride up the waterfall.
Now, before you go all bonkers and say, "That's a load of poo!" I must say that I don't know if it's true or not! I just read it somewhere. wink

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 05:51 AM
Jcksparrows is currently offline Click here to Send Jcksparrows a Private Message Find more posts by Jcksparrows Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jcksparrows
Blackend Pearl

Oh, and the place at the begining was a Turkish Prison. Jack goes in there to get the drawing of the key and knows you can't escape that palce alive, so what better way to escape than in a coffin?! Yep.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 05:54 AM
Jcksparrows is currently offline Click here to Send Jcksparrows a Private Message Find more posts by Jcksparrows Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote