KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » How many Dvd's do you have ?

How many Dvd's do you have ?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nyko

Close to 200 now. /

How long did it take you to collect 1118 dvds Evil Dead ? :/

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 03:28 PM
nyko is currently offline Click here to Send nyko a Private Message Find more posts by nyko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff1084

I have around 700 DVD's
and getting more all the time.
you can check out most of my collection here

http://www.dvdspot.com/member=moviebuff1084

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 11:39 PM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

slowly building my collection back up, around 70.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 12:33 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

I have like around 40 and I'm planning to expand, but I'm only picking movies that I'm sure I'd watch over.(And Halle Berry movies)

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 09:57 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I miscounted, only 57.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 10:21 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DethRose
Owl Girl

I have about 40-50 DVDs. Possibly alot mor VHS tapes though

Old Post May 4th, 2008 05:39 AM
DethRose is currently offline Click here to Send DethRose a Private Message Find more posts by DethRose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

i have maybe 350 but they are all total quality and no filler with absolutley NO illegal copies..i like to look at them in there cases by the side of my tv and now and then i get a smug feeling and congratulate myself on having such excellent taste ...HA!
i have a pal who boast he has nearly a thousand dvds but take away the crap and the illegal ones id say his collection comes to about 100 really

i have 41 of the vintage Doctor Who dvds and all 3 boxsets of the new Who some of which are signed
they are the fave ones of my collection and i love my collection of Horror Classics raging from the Universal Horrors of the 30s up til the Classics of the mid eighties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Last edited by vintageSW77 on May 4th, 2008 at 09:01 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2008 08:57 AM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
i have a pal who boast he has nearly a thousand dvds but take away the crap and the illegal ones id say his collection comes to about 100 really

That's like a relative of mine, he has a massive collection(not in the thousands though).

All mine in my collection are real dvds, except for two. A relative brought me Ong Bak years ago before it was out in cinemas anywhere outside of Asia because he wanted to show me the 'next best thing' since Bruce Lee etc, and also The Woods on 2 disc VCD(I don't know about VCDs, I bought it in a legal film shop in Hong Kong, are they illegal here in the UK).

Old Post May 4th, 2008 02:55 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SkinWalker
I have like around 40 and I'm planning to expand, but I'm only picking movies that I'm sure I'd watch over.(And Halle Berry movies)

Now, it's an exact 45.

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post May 4th, 2008 07:53 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

somewhere around 130 plus another 200 vhs tapes

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post May 5th, 2008 01:21 AM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I stopped buying now

Old Post May 19th, 2008 12:27 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

44 dvd's(movies/extra content) (41 not counting extra content discs)
29 dvd's (tv shows, Counting each disc as its own)

i also have a CD case full of dvds that some guy left here, if you must know, he was nailing my sister & they are mostly bootlegged, but im not going to take the time to count them... as aside from "slither" they all suck, Yes i liked Slither.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post May 19th, 2008 08:17 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willywilly99

"What does it matter?" If I wanted to

yourfreemoviedownloads

Old Post May 28th, 2008 09:32 PM
willywilly99 is currently offline Click here to Send willywilly99 a Private Message Find more posts by willywilly99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Walker.I

I have 60 now(which includes Bones: The Complete Second Season[just as a whole though, not separate discs] and Star Wars: Clone Wars Season Two)

I'll have 62 for sure sometime next month as I'll be buying Bones: The Complete First Season and The Life Before Her Eyes.

I knew you wouldn't give up. . .

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 04:52 AM
Walker.I is currently offline Click here to Send Walker.I a Private Message Find more posts by Walker.I Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

573. Box sets, double features, etc. are counted as one.
Originally posted by Evil Dead
I keep all my cases. I have them in big ass rubermaid tubs in my shed. If I ever want to sell duplicates when newer releases come out, I just put them back in the og case. If for some odd reason I ever want 1200 dvds in cases consuming a wall in my den, I've still got the cases so I've still got the option. It's purely a space saver. With over 100 box sets, I take up enough room with dvds as it is.

I'm not a big fan of keeping them in binders because of the rubbing the discs do in those sleeves.
Originally posted by BoondockSaint
Shelf space is the only thing that's really a problem for me with DVDs. What are everyone's thoughts on the digital movement? i.e. an external hard drive with your titles to save some shelf space?

I don't like it. I like having the physical copy in my hand.

And say in the future, DVD, Blu-Ray, etc. is long gone and everything is digitally downloaded to people's hard drives. We pay about $10 per movie to be downloaded to this. I build up a nice collection of say, 652 titles, then boom, my hard drive crashed. I just lost all those movies. Damn. Too bad we didn't stick to the old system. 'Cause then I would just have to fork over $40 for a DVD player and I still have all my movies.

Downloads will never replace having the physical copy.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 12:41 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Originally posted by Wolfie

Downloads will never replace having the physical copy.
i hear that.

i've got a copy of Brick on disc, im going to buy it if i ever find it.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 01:54 AM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Brick is fab, buy it!! One with a nice slipcase here in the UK, if you are in the UK.

Physically copies always, couldn't stand if there was mostly digital film downloads, but that will not happen for a longgggggg time, don't worry. Plus they will not get rid of physical purchases completely, not fair on people who don't use computers. Would be an uproar.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 06:11 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Walker.I

I knew you wouldn't give up. . .

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 10:36 PM
Walker.I is currently offline Click here to Send Walker.I a Private Message Find more posts by Walker.I Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

138 Dvd's(no extra content disc's added in that count)
+ 4 seasons of Stargate Atlantis.

yep.
im making my way up.

Oh, and i did get Brick, but i got it for free, i helped this guy move some stuff, and he gave me it, i was so happy.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 01:21 PM
coolmovies

am down to 40 i sold some

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 02:05 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote