KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer vs The incredible Hulk?

Silver Surfer vs The incredible Hulk?
Started by: Frisnel The One

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by badabing
Are you saying that Silver Surfer is the same level as Mister Mxyztplk?!?
blink

Not at all. Even Mr. Mxy made fun of Silver Surfers transmuting powers, But I was just showing that something that Mxy shrunk, the silver surfer was able to restore. making me think that silver surfer can transmute Superman since Mxy did. I think Silver Surfer can beat Hulk and Superman together.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:09 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Not at all. Even Mr. Mxy made fun of Silver Surfers transmuting powers, But I was just showing that something that Mxy shrunk, the silver surfer was able to restore. making me think that silver surfer can transmute Superman since Mxy did. I think Silver Surfer can beat Hulk and Superman together.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. cool

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:10 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Crossovers are not canon. Only the JLA vs. Avengers one was. wink

So, you can't use them as evidence. They aren't official.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:12 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by bigbran
are you saying that hulk couldnt reach a celestial level again?
you sir are a hater.
seacrest out.

What the f**k? confused

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:14 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Actually, the Batman and Spiderman cross over was shared continuity as well.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:14 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by batdude123
Crossovers are not canon. Only the JLA vs. Avengers one was. wink

So, you can't use them as evidence. They aren't official.

Yeah that cross over is cannon. They mention the x overs all the time in jla. Talking about the multi verse. They remember almost all of thier encounters. And mxy even mentioned his trip to the marvel verse once. What isn't cannon is bad writing. Jeph Loeb and supergirl comes to mind. Superman beating Darksied comes to mind. Wolverine Beating Lobo with bone claws comes to mind. The hulk beating Thor or Juggernaut comes to mind. Bad writing is just bad writing. That is what is non-cannon!!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:15 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Dinalfos
Actually, the Batman and Spiderman cross over was shared continuity as well.

Really? Could've sworn it wasn't. confused At any rate, the one with SS in it is NOT canon.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:16 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Yeah that cross over is cannon. They mention the x overs all the time in jla. Talking about the multi verse. They remember almost all of thier encounters. And mxy even mentioned his trip to the marvel verse once. What isn't cannon is bad writing. Jeph Loeb and supergirl comes to mind. Superman beating Darksied comes to mind. Wolverine Beating Lobo with bone claws comes to mind. The hulk beating Thor or Juggernaut comes to mind. Bad writing is just bad writing. That is what is non-cannon!!

No, actually they mention their encounter with the Avengers in the JLA. THAT is in continuity. The one with SS in the DC Universe in NOT canon. wink Nice try bud. thumb up

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:18 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, actually they mention their encounter with the Avengers in the JLA. THAT is in continuity. The one with SS in the DC Universe in NOT canon. wink Nice try bud. thumb up

I could have sworn mxy remembers his encounter with the impossible man. I'll have to look it up.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:22 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I could have sworn mxy remembers his encounter with the impossible man. I'll have to look it up.

It's pretty much well known that Silver Surfer's visit to DC was not canon.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:23 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well Mxy has mentioned the marvel universe a couple times and he knows all about the surfer.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:27 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Silver Surfer vs The incredible Hulk?

Originally posted by Frisnel The One
SILVER SURFER vs The Incredible Hulk?

The Silver Surfer has at least class 100 strength right? That puts him out starting at Thor, Hulk, herculese lvls right? Am I wrong in this?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:29 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Powers and abilities
The Silver Surfer possesses vast power known as the "Power Cosmic," gained when Galactus restructured his former body. He has the ability to channel ambient cosmic energy into his body at will, and expel it violently as concussive force or gently as a means to restructure molecules according to his mental design. The Surfer can generate beams of energy with sufficient destructive force to destroy a planet or, by contrast, generate such subtle amounts of energy to restructure the molecules of the natural pigments within a plant to change its color. The Surfer can rearrange the molecules of matter to create other configurations and can even directly transmute elements. While he can use his power to revitalize life energies and heal the wounded, there is no proof that he can create life from nothingness or return the dead to life.

The Surfer possesses vast superhuman strength. Additionally, the Surfer can use the Power Cosmic to amplify his physical strength to a level at least rivaling that of an enraged Savage Hulk. In addition, his body can move and react at superhuman velocities, he routinely navigates asteroid fields and attacks entire armadas of starships at near light speed while maintaining surgical precision.

The Silver Surfer (Simon & Schuster/Fireside Books, 1978), one of the first graphic novels.Cover Art by Earl NoremThe Silver Surfer has certain cosmic energy-enhanced perceptions which enable him, through concentration, to become aware of the patterns of energy which surround him. Accordingly, he can sense great concentrations or deployments of energy at a great range, the extent of which is undetermined but is at least on an intra-galactic scale. He has a special affinity for the life energies of living beings, and can use his cosmic powers to augment them to a certain degree. The Surfer's other senses are also thus enhanced: he has demonstrated the ability to see as far as a light year while concentrating and without obstructions to his line of sight. Although the Surfer's senses are superhumanly keen, his sometimes detached and introspective nature occasionally leaves him unaware of his surroundings.

The forces binding together the molecules making up the silvery material that composes the Silver Surfer's "skin" are so great that there are few known forces in the universe great enough to overcome them. The inner portions of his body have also been restructured to be highly resistant to injury. Thus, the Surfer is invulnerable to most forms of physical harm. He can easily withstand great extremes of temperature caused by the build-up of friction within atmospheres, the vacuum of space or the intense heat found within stars. He has flown through the cores of stars and even soared through a supernova explosion on at least one occasion. He can survive without difficulties in the vacuum of outer space and hyperspace, and his body can withstand the stresses of travel at near-light speeds in regular space and of even greater speeds, in hyperspace. He has maintained that he is no longer in fact "mortal", but this is most likely an inference that he now has very little in common biologically with humans, rather than an assertion that he cannot be killed. It is likely that the Surfer does not age; his counterpart in the future timeline of the Guardians of the Galaxy is over a thousand years old and is at least as powerful as his present-day counterpart. The Surfer's mind has also been restructured so that he has considerable resistance to telepathy and other mind control methods. He has the ability to communicate with various alien species regardless of their native language, and to speak to others in the vacuum of space, possibly through a limited form of telepathy.

The Silver Surfer does not need to eat or breathe since he absorbs life-maintaining cosmic energy directly through his skin. Although his body does not require sleep, his mind must still rest occasionally in order to give it an opportunity to dream.

By using his board to exceed 99.9% of the speed of light (186,000 miles per second), the Surfer can shift himself into hyperspace, a dimension in which velocity is not limited by the speed of light. The Surfer can also compress his own bodily matter so as to shift himself into a so-called microverse. Additionally, he can phase his body's molecules to pass through solid matter or energy. The Surfer has demonstrated his ability to manipulate "temporal" or "chronal" energies and thus has proven himself capable of travelling to the past.

Despite these vast powers, the Surfer is not completely unstoppable. He has in the past been wounded by vastly powerful forms of magic and by other users of the Power Cosmic, such as Galactus and his other heralds. He is not completely immune to psionics or other forms of mental attack or manipulation, although his willpower, spiritual strength, and Galactus' mental and spiritual tampering provide him with a great deal of resistance to mind control and psionics.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:32 PM
Badabing
Karen

Well Mxy has mentioned the marvel universe a couple times and he knows all about the surfer.

Who cares? You're both on a time out! mad

stick out tongue

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:32 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

It puts him in any class 100 character's range. Class 100 = everything between 100 tons and infinity.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:33 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Maybe so. Still; SS in DC=noncanon

The comics you're referring to aren't canon.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:38 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

It puts him in any class 100 character's range. Class 100 = everything between 100 tons and infinity.

The Surfer is class 100 as a base. However, he can augment his strength to unknown levels through concentration and the harnessing of the Power Cosmic.

This, coupled with the fact that the surfer doesn't have (nor need) any lifting feats, put us at a loss for his comparitive strength. Or for his comparitive strength potential.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:41 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Originally posted by Soljer
The Surfer is class 100 as a base. However, he can augment his strength to unknown levels through concentration and the harnessing of the Power Cosmic.

This, coupled with the fact that the surfer doesn't have (nor need) any lifting feats, put us at a loss for his comparitive strength. Or for his comparitive strength potential.

Well, duh.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 11:24 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Well, duh.

I was trying to further your point, and clarifiy. Some in the thread didn't even know that the Surfer was Class 100.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 11:55 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

PIS. Plain and simple. He's shown many times that he gets drained when he absorbs too much energy from another person. erm

Which people are you talking about?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 01:21 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote