KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » "Ultimate" Spider-Man Discussion Thread

Favorite Ultimate Spider-Man villain??
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Green Goblin 4 5.41%
Doctor Octopus 10 13.51%
Venom 38 51.35%
Electro 4 5.41%
Carnage 6 8.11%
Kingpin 2 2.70%
Hobgoblin 2 2.70%
Vulture 0 0%
Rhino 2 2.70%
Shocker 6 8.11%
Total: 74 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

"Ultimate" Spider-Man Discussion Thread
Started by: Dan-El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dan-El
That's how it is with Ultimate Arcs that are 2 issues long...

Still not an excuse.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 11:45 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

That's how it is with Bendis running the show... no expression

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 04:42 AM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Spideys Sister
That's how it is with Bendis running the show... no expression

You can bash Bendis all you want, but Ultimate Spider-Man wouldn't be anywhere near where it is today (possibly never even created) if it weren't for him.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 03:06 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

I have no problem with brian at all. Duh, He's what got me into Spidey in the first place. The only prob I have with him is the problems he creates for himself. He took a great popular villan like carnage and down graded him in the eyes of all his fans. Then there was the clash between the game (which he helped write the story for) and the silver sable arc.

My point is He doesn't mean to make these sorts of problems for himself. He just does. We can't blame it on stan cause he's not in the mix anymore. laughing out loud So it's either Brian... or the people who allow him to go through with these things..... wait...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 04:24 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Yeah, it seems that no one double checks Bendis's work for errors, let alone Bendis himself.

You want to know what would help? If he mapped out how the Ultimate Spidey storyline was going to progress over the next 2 years, including notes not to write dialogue that interferes with continuity (I will never forgive the Eddie Brock error from the 1st Doc Ock arc). Robert Kirkman has done this with "Invincible", and everything has worked out fine so far.

You know what I think? I don't think Bendis is as big a fan of Spider-Man as other writers...

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 01:02 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

ya kno, i dont wanna b "that guy" but

scans? laughing laughing

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 01:32 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Huh? Sorry, I must've missed the point of that

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 05:03 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

i wanna start reading these ultimate books or wtv,anyone can help me out...prices,places...etc...

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 06:18 AM
Xam is currently offline Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Well, I'd honestly start from the beginning. That's where Bendis and Bagley shined! Ultimate Spider-Man vol. 1-3 are probably my favorites, in that they have the origin, Green Goblin (one issue), the Enforcers, the Kingpin, Electro, Spidey's unmasking, the Daily Bugle gang, Doc Ock, and a quite comical revamp of Kraven the Hunter.

So yeah, currently the graphic novels are the way to go. If you want to go ahead and jump the gun, the latest arc starts this month ("Clone Saga"). You may not know all the characters just yet, but it's okay; you learn as you go!

Hope that helps!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:37 AM
Xam
Lord Xam

yeah man thanks,ill go to the comic book store and pick a few issues up...u know if its hard cover or just paper covers???

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 01:03 AM
Xam is currently offline Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Both, my friend. I prefer paper, but if you don't want them to get too damaged... well, you know the way to go. Paper is the cheapest!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 01:06 AM
Xam
Lord Xam

cool thanks man...last questions :P how many issues??

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 01:24 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Issue 100 is coming out this fall, I believe.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 12:05 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

So am i right in assuming that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ult Scorpion is ether a clone of parker or has some of his powers ? I don't honestly know since Ult comics in Britain are as common as diamond encrusted gold bars .

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 08:09 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Originally posted by grey fox
So am i right in assuming that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ult Scorpion is ether a clone of parker or has some of his powers ? I don't honestly know since Ult comics in Britain are as common as diamond encrusted gold bars .

Though I haven't read that issue yet, I'd say that it's safe to assume the answer is yes to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Scorpion having Pete's powers. It's a logical assumption.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 11:10 AM
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Both, my friend. I prefer paper, but if you don't want them to get too damaged... well, you know the way to go. Paper is the cheapest!
I prefer the volume collections... they're more cost effective. My whole collection is the volume book... except 1 and 2... I got them together as a hardcover.
Well, I'd honestly start from the beginning. That's where Bendis and Bagley shined! Ultimate Spider-Man vol. 1-3 are probably my favorites, in that they have the origin, Green Goblin (one issue), the Enforcers, the Kingpin, Electro, Spidey's unmasking, the Daily Bugle gang, Doc Ock, and a quite comical revamp of Kraven the Hunter.

So yeah, currently the graphic novels are the way to go. If you want to go ahead and jump the gun, the latest arc starts this month ("Clone Saga"). You may not know all the characters just yet, but it's okay; you learn as you go!

Hope that helps!
I agree but the only thing wrong with :jumping the gun" is missing Spideys good puns and things they don't tell you in the plot summery... I was dying the whole time I had vol 4 and 6 but not 5. I wanted to know WHY Pete was shot and by WHO and what led to this... Great vol. One of my favorites.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 07:55 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

97 was a decent issue, but did anyone else notice the coloring seemed a bit... I don't know... off? erm

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: So, Scorpion is the clone of Petey. Interesting...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 09:02 PM
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Originally posted by H. S. 6
97 was a decent issue, but did anyone else notice the coloring seemed a bit... I don't know... off? erm

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: So, Scorpion is the clone of Petey. Interesting...
They've had a new colorer since...86

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 09:11 PM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

I agree. Those are the best of USM.

Though I really love the Hollywood arc too.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 09:25 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

That's only cause it had Doc Ocks comback tour.stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 11:18 PM