KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tournament: The Finals

This poll is closed.
GF/Psyquis 13 46.43%
Leo/Kahn 15 53.57%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tournament: The Finals
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheKahn
The Dude abides

quote: (post)
Originally posted by grey fox

Awww bullshit all wrapped up in a nice shiny box of pseudo logic . For me ? Why you shouldn't have eek! Now Khan is obviously blind
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...d/borgflesh.jpg

and also pretty silly considering that he belives he can't 'alter DNA' so what is he doung to that Apokalyptian trooper hmm just having a personal disco dance party for him. ? Also theirs absaloutly nothign in any of your mateiral or powerset whch say's you can turn yourself Kryptonian ...yet you still claim you can .

Again, HOW exactly does Cyborg change Ray? Cyborg even states that it is the combination of the armor, tissue matter, mixed with his intelligence, powers and knowledge that allows him to live. How does that translate to being able to change the entire genetic make up of another being he isn't possessing? Does Cyborg send his consciousness into Ray? Where is there ANY proof that Cyborg can alter ORGANIC matter without his consciousness being INSIDE the host and without having a 'tech' anchor? There is none. no

All Cyborg has even been able to do is create bodies for himself. He's never shown to be able to alter the DNA of other beings. If he could he could have turned Superman into a powerless human, or a chicken, or a hairless mole for a quick win in any of their numerous fights. He has never....ever....ever demonstrated anything close to what GF is claiming he could do.

What is more important is that this "tactic" demonstrates Grey Fox's and Psyquis' lack of knowledge about their own characters. Remember that Ray has mutated-human DNA that he inherited from his father. Even if Cyborg was able to turn him into a kryptonian, Ray would actually lose all his "Ray powers" leaving him a powerless Kryptonian since it's his mutated human DNA that grants him is powers.

As for his claim that we have nothing in our powersets they say we can alter DNA.....all I can say is damn.....maybe GF needs to learn at least a little about his opponents before he starts spewing out idiotic statements like that. Hal's GL ring can do anything as long as the puts enough will into it. Once more, I've even shown several instances where Hal alters his own and others DNA and bodies into light, a robot, and other SPECIES! In case you were wondering GF, that is what actual on point proof looks like wink

This is really embarresing you know , having TWO opponenets in a row relying on a bullshit statement. Can Spider-man beat hulk , Cna Hyperion Kill galactus , can Mister T own Chuck norris (no)

Also it doesn't even make sense story wise , why in GODS NAME would Cyborg state that he has a weakness. He wouldn't pure and simple ..not that it matters much sicne he could easily becoem full metal , ignore the blast and then turn back

Well I guess the whining and crying about PIS has finally started. And we all know what that means. It means GF cannot possibly counter our tactic against Cyborg so he tries to insult us and dismiss an on-panel fact as quickly as he can hoping the judges won't see it. That's just sad.

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=knitedi7.jpg
As we can all see Cyborg (in a typical melodramatic moment) admits that Kryptonite radiation can harm him. And against the GL Surfer he will be flooded with the stuff. Whining about it won't change it.

Hey Khan , if you spent more tiem reading your oppoenets matches you'd realsie that splittign off his conciousness is part of Cyborgs powerset , the ruel is not to body hop beofre death .

The ability for a character to transfer their consciousness was banned from the start and Cyborg in particular was limited to one body. More to the point independant constructs which these are most similar to were banned since the last round. As everyone can remember we spent an entire week setteling that issue. I can't help it if you drafted a character and can't figure out how to use him without illegal tactics.

I already knew of the 'overcome fear' bull which is basically taking away Supermans kryptonite (Effectively making the writers changing Gl from 'Green Lantern' to 'God Lord') but here’s the thing. That 'Yellow ship' which your Gl's are cracking at in the scan is barely chipping and their 'overcoming the fear' . These mechs wont be simply sitting there waiting to be opened like a nut my friend their going to firing sonic, missiles, machine guns lasers...anything that can be fired and thrown on them shall be (and boy is it ever going to sting)

More whining....more complaning....no evidence....no scans to prove any points. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The mechs with Cyborg's consciousness in them are banned, but more to the point we are fighting in Ireland. Not a whole lot of tech in Ireland that is going to risk harming a GL Herald, a GL Kryptonian, and a Superman-level telepathic GL. no expression

By the time your illegal mechs made of potato farming equipment would even make it to the battle field Cyborg would already be dead from exposure to kryptonite and having his organic half attacked. Searching for tech past Ireland would only further increase the time it would take them to join the battle making them even more useless.

Excuse me , fine would be me crushing your innards with a gravity burst while your epidermis remaisn normal. This is simply increasing gravity in a specific area , nothing complicated in the slightest.

Execpt you are using a scan of Thor using some un-named of "force ray" that . . . DOES NOT SHOW HIM CONTROLLING GRAVITY AT ALL! The Super-Skrull actually says it's a force he can't begin to comprehend (suggesting magic if anything). It says NOTHING about Thor controling gravity or even gravity in general! So much for your proof that Thor can do anything with gravity.
http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?...blast0043xd.jpg

Let's see i need to make more PSI then a human foot can create ? Ahh i've got it ..how about the gavity of jupiter ?

The gravity of a black hole can't destroy a GL ring. Thor's ambiguous "force blast" doesn't have a chance in hell.

Commanded the ring to do it

No shit. no expression He's a Green Lantern. They use their rings to do everything.

Because he willed the ring to PROTECT HIM , this is starting to get redundant. Your statign it like the ring can do absolutely everything at once.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...l151_23_glc.jpg

He never "orders" the ring to protect him. It just does. blink That's how the rings work....protection against mortal harm and all that....

laughing hmmm , lets have a look at the scan...
http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?...9450pg27fu4.jpg

yup he pretty much stamps on it . Why is all of my opponents rely on bullshit characters state and are generally blind.

BLIIIIIIIIIIIND, No GL rings and he STILL stamps on it

I was actually confused about the timeline of these events. As it turns out Hal only crushed his own ring after he had absorbed the Central Battery and become Parallax! Not only was there no longer a central batter to give the rings any power but Hal had become near god-like. An attack from Parallax >>>> than some sort "force blast" that could only lift up a Skrull.

Gravity doesn’t just stop at a shield you know , what’s stopping you from floating off the ground your currently standing on Hal ? Hmm why gravity. The rings are dust now , get over it. The best thing they can do right now is give Hal a buzz from which might just dull the pain of his imminent death.

If you had Parallax on your team and our GL rings were powerless then maybe he could destroy them, but for your actual teammembers that isn't possible. Hell, not even Parallax tried to destroy the rings of Green Lanterns when he later faced them proving that an active GL ring being used is next to impossible to destroy.

Here Hal fights and matches Parallax. Parallax just wants to send young Hal back to the past and destroying his ring would certainly be the easiest way (in the past young Hal could simply use one of his spare rings or get another from the Corps). But even with "years more experience and almost infinite power? Parallax can't just destroy Hal's ring.
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...n2/70bff788.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...n2/cd9d73c7.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...n2/f3f32f19.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...n2/ec6b4794.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...n2/02d299b1.jpg

So they tried to deceive people on multiple occasions now: showing various Warrior Madness Thor vs SS (inappropriate because this is NOT WM Thor and the two are now where near interchangable) and showing a scan where a POWERLESS ring is stepped on.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 09:03 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

He doesn't 're-engineer' the bodies. He just simply presses the 're-wind' button on his ring (so to speak) It makes me laugh that you have to resort to crap from PRE-CRISIS to back up your statements. The time when you could time travel with a lightbulb and supes could blow out stars with a sneeze

WTF....Green Lantern rings have a "re-wind" button....you must have searched long and hard in your neither regions to pull that one out.

Grey Fox, whining and complaining and pathetic "made up facts" (I mean a re-wind button???) is not the same as debating. no All of Hal's pre-crisis feats are in continuity so there is no reason in the world not to use them. Hell, everything we've shown is something that post-crisis GL are just as capable of doing. In several of their rounds Blair Wind used scans where Kyle altered his own DNA to give himself superpowers. Here is a recent scan of Hal altering the physiology of an alien to allow it think faster:
http://img430.imageshack.us/my.php?...iant01484dl.jpg

The Crisis didn't affect the GL Corps nor did it affect the basic powerset that Green Lanterns have always had (ie the power ring can do anything within the limits of the users will and Hal's will is legendary). If you have a problem with it, take it up with D.C. comics as it was their decision. Until then you might want to do less moaning and actually debate.

EVEN MORE pre-crisis bullshit , it doesn't count anyway as it was inadvertently done when he was asleep , you know kind of how you guy's were preaching that Kyle couldn't make any constructs because they were INADVERTENT

A. Pre-crisis

B. It's not Hal doing it , it also goes against the 'great will' retcon

C. You answered your own question DEvolution , absolutely nothing to do with genetics

A. Doesn't matter or do you need the concept of continuity explained to you once more?

B. Actually read what I said and all the scans before you embarass yourself any more. In the third scan I posted Tom thanks Hal for chaging him back to his old self!
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...n2/d80631bd.jpg
Again, all the old feats are still in continuity and haven't removed from continuity by any recon as of now.

C. Transforming a person into another species has nothing to do with genetics? blink He turned Tom into a monkey.....that means Tom's human DNA was turned into monkey DNA....is it really that hard for you to grasp the concept?

*Sigh' Re-wind on the ring my friend , re-wind on the ring. Not to mention it's all happened in Pre-crisis which (IMO) should be banned from tourney's . Why ? Because it's screws with any logic and does shit which is so out of peoples power sets it's not even funny.

What you think should happed to Pre-Crisis feats both in the tourney and in DC comics mean absolutely nothing. smile

And the "it was the rewind button" defense is just laughable. Is that really the best you could do? Making up some farfetched feature of the GL rings which has never been mentioned in comics before because you can't actually counter the tactic with scans sounds a little desparate to me.

I guess that is GF's new reponse to all of Hal's powers:
Hal turned the JLA into light........GF: rewind button
Hal turned his friend into a seagul.......GF: rewind button
Hal turned himself into a robot.....GF: yep that the rewind button again

laughing

Notice that he KNEW of their presence before making them visible . None of that here.

And we will KNOW where your team is as well. smile

We have the Surfer's Cosmic Awarness and Maxima's telepathy to pinpoint the exact location of your team and each of them have a GL ring.

More importanlty given the great distance our team start out from each other, your team is the one who is actually going to have trouble finding us. The only one who possibly could is Cyborg Superman with his kryptonian senses, but you've had him completely occcupied with several illegal and impossible actions instead of actually trying to find your opponents. Maybe you should have paid attention to the details of the battle. yes

Now let's conclude with a brief summary of your plan.

1 . Ring does shit which can't be proven and trying to prove it means using scans from a era when LIGHTBULBS can be used as part of time travel

2. Teleport , teleport , no one can see us when we teleport , which is quite funny considering We don’t take into the account that Thor’s 'swing' speed outclasses thought. Maxima' gets her head knocked clean off

3. Make up bull that were in another country to prevent us from losing , when in every tourney characters start off around a few metres away from each other , also ignore a fundamental part of the universe with a weak statement of 'a shield' once again forgetting that (if your hiding behind a shield) Thor can simply teleport himself and his comrades inside and kill everyone within the shield.

4. Ignore the fact that 8/10 times Surfer has encountered Thor he's had his glittery ass handed back to him

1. More whining....that seems all GF can do instead of actually debating.

2. How does Thor know she's there to swing at in the first place? He must be using his godly cosmic awareness . . . not that that matters anyway. Leo has already shown how Maxima's telepathy can take Thor down at a distance.

3. Make up bull? blink Digi set the stage but apparently you didn't bother pay attention to the facts of the battle. We never SAID our shield blocks 'gravity'. We merely proved that Green Lanterns can deal with the level of gravity produced by a black holes and proved that his scan of Thor "controling" gravity was bunk.

It shows Thor using 'some kind of unidentified force to REPEL the Skrull away. That's all. They STILL have no proof Thor can actually affect GRAVITY at all much less control gravity to the extent that would be necessary to impact a ring IN ANY WAY, and no one reading will buy that either . . .

Also Thor doesn't have any way to determine where the hell our team is in the first place since we're on the other side of Ireland. Thor wouldn't know where to teleport to.

4. And yet the only fight you could find where Thor beat the Surfer was were he had his Warrior Madness mojo working.........sounds like another bogus claim to me....

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 09:07 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psyquis52
Magik Blackheart

Last post.

1.) My proof was plenty. In the exact same issue as Parallax's demise...The Ray states that he is capable of absorbing all the light energy that Parallax has produced. Also the DC Encyclopedia states clearly that he can absorb light, heat, and solar energy. You can either deal with that or whine. Your choice.

2.) This means that yes I can feed off of your GL ring and that I can suck the heat right out of Hal's body giving him Hypothermia. You're not going to be in any condition to fight. That also means that I can absorb all the solar energy, but you shouldn't have been able to refute that in the first place.

3.) Show me evidence of GL, Surfer, or Maxima dodging an invisible blow at high speeds and I'll believe that your tracking ability is valid.

4.) I can't show scans. Why? Because there aren't any online. Believe me. I've been looking for a long time and I can't find scans of the Ray either in his advantage or against. I would like to find something but I simply cannot find anything. I also can't make scans because this computer does not support a scanner. Why? Because that's how it is. Not everyone has all the gadgets. I gave you ample locations for said information. The only thing I'm unsure about is whether Parallax died in Emerald Twilight or in the second issue of Zero Hour. I can't remember which one I saw it in, but it is in one of those issues. Giving comic book numbers or actual locations of said information is just as valid.

5.) Hal falls. That's just how it's going to be. His body has no heat. He's not a super-powered Kryptonian. I don't care if he is a Kryptonian he isn't solar powered and he's freezing to death.

6.) Silver Surfer falls. Thor's might blows are both invisible and extremely fast. Enough close range assault and SS falls ring or not. He's at a severe disadvantage here.

7.) Teleportation is fine. If you guys want to teleport near us that's just fine because just because you know we're there doesn't mean you know what we're doing. I'd like to see you dodge a punch you can't see. Sides, if you teleport near us that saves us the time of looking for you. Your problem.

8.) Maxima falls. Even if you aren't convinced that my partner took care of her then she has to deal with the combined might of The Ray and Thor. What happens now is the Ray assaults her with a barrage of blasts to distract her while Thor closes the gap and knocks her block off.

I hope you guys had fun. I know I did and I look forward to facing you two again hopefully in the future.

Whoah!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 03:25 AM
Psyquis52 is currently offline Click here to Send Psyquis52 a Private Message Find more posts by Psyquis52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Psyquis52
Last post.

1.) My proof was plenty. In the exact same issue as Parallax's demise...The Ray states that he is capable of absorbing all the light energy that Parallax has produced. Also the DC Encyclopedia states clearly that he can absorb light, heat, and solar energy. You can either deal with that or whine. Your choice.

2.) This means that yes I can feed off of your GL ring and that I can suck the heat right out of Hal's body giving him Hypothermia. You're not going to be in any condition to fight. That also means that I can absorb all the solar energy, but you shouldn't have been able to refute that in the first place.

3.) Show me evidence of GL, Surfer, or Maxima dodging an invisible blow at high speeds and I'll believe that your tracking ability is valid.

4.) I can't show scans. Why? Because there aren't any online. Believe me. I've been looking for a long time and I can't find scans of the Ray either in his advantage or against. I would like to find something but I simply cannot find anything. I also can't make scans because this computer does not support a scanner. Why? Because that's how it is. Not everyone has all the gadgets. I gave you ample locations for said information. The only thing I'm unsure about is whether Parallax died in Emerald Twilight or in the second issue of Zero Hour. I can't remember which one I saw it in, but it is in one of those issues. Giving comic book numbers or actual locations of said information is just as valid.

5.) Hal falls. That's just how it's going to be. His body has no heat. He's not a super-powered Kryptonian. I don't care if he is a Kryptonian he isn't solar powered and he's freezing to death.

6.) Silver Surfer falls. Thor's might blows are both invisible and extremely fast. Enough close range assault and SS falls ring or not. He's at a severe disadvantage here.

7.) Teleportation is fine. If you guys want to teleport near us that's just fine because just because you know we're there doesn't mean you know what we're doing. I'd like to see you dodge a punch you can't see. Sides, if you teleport near us that saves us the time of looking for you. Your problem.

8.) Maxima falls. Even if you aren't convinced that my partner took care of her then she has to deal with the combined might of The Ray and Thor. What happens now is the Ray assaults her with a barrage of blasts to distract her while Thor closes the gap and knocks her block off.

I hope you guys had fun. I know I did and I look forward to facing you two again hopefully in the future.
Don't you have 2 more posts left?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 05:16 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S.G
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah he knows now.

Thanks Jugg6666 for the sig
http://www.lililicious.net/

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 09:43 AM
S.G is currently offline Click here to Send S.G a Private Message Find more posts by S.G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Sorry I can't be a judge now, as my explorer is having complications shuting down unexpectedly. Also if I try to open a link, it comments there is an iexplore.exe error and closes all the windows. My comp is going into the shop, so I have no idea when I will be back

Sorry again

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 05:48 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Sorry I can't be a judge now, as my explorer is having complications shuting down unexpectedly. Also if I try to open a link, it comments there is an iexplore.exe error and closes all the windows. My comp is going into the shop, so I have no idea when I will be back

Sorry again

*cries*

Do what you gotta do Mungi. No worries. smile ...just makes things harder on me. I'll probably just end up judging myself since asking someone to jump in at the last second like this would be unfair.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 06:32 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I want to judge. sad

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 06:33 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

*Non official post*

Is it over ? Since Psy said it was 'last post' i assumed he meant last post to the deadline.

*Non official Post

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 06:06 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

I'm still waiting for both teams to use up all their posts or say that they are done with their debate.

It's tough to judge a debate still in beta stage.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 06:54 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by King_Mungi

Sorry again

Try a different web browser. Don't use IE unless you enjoy using the worst.

www.opera.com

www.mozilla.org

Maybe these will work well enough on your "sick" pc to at least be able to judge.

Can't hurt to try.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 07:08 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

gf, the debate ends tuesday in the PM sometime. not sure exactly when but i think it's in the discussion forum . . .

and now, on to TRULY ending this debate. big grin

Originally posted by Psyquis52

I don't think you're understanding what we're saying, psy. The moment both teams arrive, ss is monitoring you. 250 miles is utterly NOTHING to ss. you've seen him sense things at interstellar distances already and previous rounds' scans have shown him able to sense and DESTROY the genetic tissue of every individual on a planet!! to believe ss cannot monitor 3 uber powerful opponents -- invisible or not -- from 200 miles away is pretty ludicrous . . . erm

Even if it only takes a fraction of a second for ray to turn his team invisible, ss will KNOW what you've done and instantly shift his senses. He will telepathically let hal and max know and THEIR rings can easily compensate, shifting their senses to allow them to detect heat, or any of the other hundred options they would have for detecting you. From the outset, Max is simply searching out your minds, so your invisibility will have been less than meaningless to her in the first place.

so, you WILL be invisible still, but not to US. To someone like the ss, the visible spectrum is only a tiny fraction of what is perceivable. And when he alerts max and hal, the rings will EASILY compensate, allowing them to shift their own perceptions. Beyond that of course, we’ve already SHOWN that the rings can simply cancel out their invisibility.

quote:

so we now know thor is indeed invisible - just not to our team. Now, what I really don't get is how you think thor ever gets CLOSE to ss. Thor is not coming through our shield. Why?

a) our shield is only up for a few seconds at the start, and during those seconds thor is . . .
b) . . . other side of ireland.
c) he would need to open a portal to teleport to our location, but before he could do that he would need to FIND us. How does he do that?
d) if he doesn't teleport to us, he must fly around LOOKING for us!

Now ray might be able to search quickly in his energy form, but then he would still need to tell thor and borg (who's busy with his own task and was never stated to be looking for us) where to go. All of that would take precious seconds. And all that time we are WATCHING EVERYTHING YOU DO even as hal gets himself switched to kryptonian and sundipped.

By the time thor et al., arrives we are ready -- shield is dropped and we port to you. Every reader and judge already understands that this `gravity attack' is at least ineffective and at most utterly ridiculous - ESPECIALLY considering you have no scan to say thor can in ANY WAY manipulate gravity! And the one scan you use to say the ring can be broken shows a POWERLESS ring being broken!! I might as well show a scan of max flying and say SHE can control gravity. It would carry as much weight as the supposed `proof' of that scan . . .

So, since thor isn't coming in, (because he can't get to us in time) and I doubt ray would be dumb enough to try and enter the shield all alone (because even as energy max could mind blast him and ss (WITH A RING!) could do some even NASTIER things to him . . . evil face ) when thor finally DOES arrive max teleports behind thor and blasts him with tp, or convinces him he loves her ala moondragon, or amps her own psi blast and takes him out. If you STILL think he can somehow:

a) SENSE HER AT ALL!
b) turn around
c) raise his hammer and swing

all of that BEFORE SHE CAN GET OFF A SINGLE THOUGHT, well . . . erm

however, if you (or any other unbelievers) prefer, upon arriving BEHIND thor, she can simply encase his hammer in a gl sphere FIRST, THEN blow his brain into a million pieces. And perhaps thor could break the construct - that's not the point. Point is it WOULD delay him (though there is no need to delay him . . . this is just me giving further ways she could absolutely ENSURE thor goes down) long enough for her to wipe him out. I actually like the sphere idea though . . . big grin

quote:

each of us teleports behind your guys when you finally arrive. no one on your team can react quick enough or more importantly has the SENSES to even know we are there except maybe cyborg. Unfortunately for him, he's matched up with the fastest character in the tournament with reaction times equal to his speed. SS appears, blasting away with k-nite and puts him in a constrictor before borg even knows what's going on. And just what would borg do to ss even if he COULD react? SS's durability is likely exceeded in this tourny ONLY by juggernaut. And now he has a RING to add to it. Add to that the fact that the k-nite will be weakening borg already and, well . . .

RIP borg . . .

quote:

sorry bunky. Thor goes down within seconds of the battle starting. Borg is likewise taken out/incapacitated by ss, which leaves only ray to play the role of custard in this cosmic re-enactment of little bighorn . . . big grin

to recap -- by the time they find us, we are ready. there invisibility is countered by cosmic senses and rings. they arrive, we drop shields and teleport. max gets behind thor and takes him out with a straight psi-blast, a ring-amped psi-blast, or by encasing his hammer and delaying him allowing her to more easily take him down. ss takes out borg with combination k-nite and constrictor, trapping his consciousness in a shield of energy. maybe while he's at it he turns the air inside into k-nite as well . . .? shifty

kahn has already outlined his plans for ray. and all hal really needs to do is delay ray for a few seconds anyway, then it's a 3on1 dogpile.

we win this won quite handily as all the 1on1 match-ups are (again) dictated by US, and in each one, we have a decided advantage and weaknesses to exploit. Hey, not our problem that they didn’t account for facing a high end telepath. wink

quote:

likewise, my friend. smile

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:35 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by leonidas
gf, the debate ends tuesday in the PM sometime. not sure exactly when but i think it's in the discussion forum . . .

and now, on to TRULY ending this debate. big grin

I don't think you're understanding what we're saying, psy. The moment both teams arrive, ss is monitoring you. 250 miles is utterly NOTHING to ss. you've seen him sense things at interstellar distances already and previous rounds' scans have shown him able to sense and DESTROY the genetic tissue of every individual on a planet!! to believe ss cannot monitor 3 uber powerful opponents -- invisible or not -- from 200 miles away is pretty ludicrous . . .

Even if it only takes a fraction of a second for ray to turn his team invisible, ss will KNOW what you've done and instantly shift his senses. He will telepathically let hal and max know and THEIR rings can easily compensate, shifting their senses to allow them to detect heat, or any of the other hundred options they would have for detecting you. From the outset, Max is simply searching out your minds, so your invisibility will have been less than meaningless to her in the first place.

so, you WILL be invisible still, but not to US. To someone like the ss, the visible spectrum is only a tiny fraction of what is perceivable. And when he alerts max and hal, the rings will EASILY compensate, allowing them to shift their own perceptions. Beyond that of course, we’ve already SHOWN that the rings can simply cancel out their invisibility.

so we now know thor is indeed invisible - just not to our team. Now, what I really don't get is how you think thor ever gets CLOSE to ss. Thor is not coming through our shield. Why?

a) our shield is only up for a few seconds at the start, and during those seconds thor is . . .
b) . . . other side of ireland.
c) he would need to open a portal to teleport to our location, but before he could do that he would need to FIND us. How does he do that?
d) if he doesn't teleport to us, he must fly around LOOKING for us!

Now ray might be able to search quickly in his energy form, but then he would still need to tell thor and borg (who's busy with his own task and was never stated to be looking for us) where to go. All of that would take precious seconds. And all that time we are WATCHING EVERYTHING YOU DO even as hal gets himself switched to kryptonian and sundipped.

By the time thor et al., arrives we are ready -- shield is dropped and we port to you. Every reader and judge already understands that this `gravity attack' is at least ineffective and at most utterly ridiculous - ESPECIALLY considering you have no scan to say thor can in ANY WAY manipulate gravity! And the one scan you use to say the ring can be broken shows a POWERLESS ring being broken!! I might as well show a scan of max flying and say SHE can control gravity. It would carry as much weight as the supposed `proof' of that scan . . .

So, since thor isn't coming in, (because he can't get to us in time) and I doubt ray would be dumb enough to try and enter the shield all alone (because even as energy max could mind blast him and ss (WITH A RING!) could do some even NASTIER things to him . . . evil face ) when thor finally DOES arrive max teleports behind thor and blasts him with tp, or convinces him he loves her ala moondragon, or amps her own psi blast and takes him out. If you STILL think he can somehow:

a) SENSE HER AT ALL!
b) turn around
c) raise his hammer and swing

all of that BEFORE SHE CAN GET OFF A SINGLE THOUGHT, well . . . erm

however, if you (or any other unbelievers) prefer, upon arriving BEHIND thor, she can simply encase his hammer in a gl sphere FIRST, THEN blow his brain into a million pieces. And perhaps thor could break the construct - that's not the point. Point is it WOULD delay him (though there is no need to delay him . . . this is just me giving further ways she could absolutely ENSURE thor goes down) long enough for her to wipe him out. I actually like the sphere idea though . . . big grin

each of us teleports behind your guys when you finally arrive. no one on your team can react quick enough or more importantly has the SENSES to even know we are there except maybe cyborg. Unfortunately for him, he's matched up with the fastest character in the tournament with reaction times equal to his speed. SS appears, blasting away with k-nite and puts him in a constrictor before borg even knows what's going on. And just what would borg do to ss even if he COULD react? SS's durability is likely exceeded in this tourny ONLY by juggernaut. And now he has a RING to add to it. Add to that the fact that the k-nite will be weakening borg already and, well . . .

RIP borg . . .

sorry bunky. Thor goes down within seconds of the battle starting. Borg is likewise taken out/incapacitated by ss, which leaves only ray to play the role of custard in this cosmic re-enactment of little bighorn . . . big grin

to recap -- by the time they find us, we are ready. there invisibility is countered by cosmic senses and rings. they arrive, we drop shields and teleport. max gets behind thor and takes him out with a straight psi-blast, a ring-amped psi-blast, or by encasing his hammer and delaying him allowing her to more easily take him down. ss takes out borg with combination k-nite and constrictor, trapping his consciousness in a shield of energy. maybe while he's at it he turns the air inside into k-nite as well . . .? shifty

kahn has already outlined his plans for ray. and all hal really needs to do is delay ray for a few seconds anyway, then it's a 3on1 dogpile.

we win this won quite handily as all the 1on1 match-ups are (again) dictated by US, and in each one, we have a decided advantage and weaknesses to exploit. Hey, not our problem that they didn’t account for facing a high end telepath. wink

likewise, my friend. smile

It's CUSTER, not custard. He wasn't a dessert.

And I thought a teacher would know that... whistle

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 01:28 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

NON-OFFICIAL:

^&%$!!!

%$#^!!!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 02:53 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

One more day fellas, almost to the minute.

Nice battle.

Oh, and Val filled out our judges...it's been a rough week getting judges, but I'd like to thank everyone who has done it, both for this battle and for the entire tourney.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 03:43 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Ok then now since you guy's literally hate the 10,000 character limit (Making poor old me spend ages cutting bits away and such a like) I’m going to answer your varying replies from now on much like Psy.

But anywho , since this seems to be getting near the end i THINK it's about time for a little death or glory charge

Now first of all you state that 'the opposing team' is in Ireland. To bad , in the immortal words of movie Sauron "I See You ! " and indeed I do for you see Thor can spy on people like a closed circuit TV. From same dimension, or another without being noticed- see Thor#278 or can track anyone who doesn't want to be found (Avengers#14). In addition, Thor’s hammer can track practically all kinds of energy signature's Thor Corps-#1, Avengers-#309, and Strange Tales-#182

So we know of your presence , we can easily hop on through a dimensional portal into or outside your shield . Cosmic Awareness will only give you so much. Yet you still haven't answered the 'genis insanity' yet. Either surfers looking up small things or he's going nut's pure and simply. Why do you think quasar wasn't allowed to permanently keep the CA ?

Thors hammer can easily break through that shield , he did it in Avengers-Annual-#21 to Kangs shield and he can do it to yours. Thors' not merely poking the hammer through though , he's swung it.

Consequently one of your team members (let's say Maxima for now) will now find hats , ski masks , balaclava's and contact lenses useless. As she no longer has a head. Can Thor do this before they react ? Yes since Thor can swing Mjolnir at TWICE the speed of light (Journey Into Mystery#102)

Now your down one member , were still invisible and yellow, Cyborg is still getting those mechs ready (outfitted with the best Apokalyptian tech) and Thor is STILL badass.

Ray has a certain attack for Hal . I wont explain it since Ray is my team-mates department but needles to say it takes Hal out the game for good.

Now if Maxima somehow survived Thor initial Hammer swing (which I doubt) then she has to deal with Cyborg , a single punch deals with her. Yellow tinted Nanoprobes tear her to shreds. See now you need to IDENTIFY the fear and then overcome it , but you can't when you can't SEE said fear. If you try any psychic attacks on Thor (I doubt since your being torn apart by nanaobots) Thor's hammer can reverse a Psychic attack- see Thor #428 (Not to mention the absorbing/ignoring them )

(please log in to view the image)

Proof of weapons and pwnage of Steel , Superboy , Supergirl and The Eradicator (BTW The Eradicator has similar powers and power levels to Surfer...he STILL get's pwned)

Now we Thor and Cyborg taking on Surfer. All you constantly say is 'Ring can (insert construct which SUPPOSEDLY) can hold Cyborg . Forgetting that Superman has broken constructs before with relative ease . (and that Thor could easily re-direct the energy back at you Thor Annual#16 and Thor-#18.)Not only that but your misguided thoughts that a single Gl can deal with Cyborg.

It took PARRALEX to beat Cyborg , you know guy who one shotted supes , the guy who was going to restart the ENTIRE DAMN UNIVERSE . aside from that , the Super aura (aka The factor that badguy's always lose when supes is around) and a few other godly characters (darkseid to name one) Cyborg doesn't lose.

Any PC attacks made by surfer can be blocked/absorbed by Thor and that ring get's crushed by the same strength that lifted the whole Midgard Serpent or the same hammer which can radiate with the power of 1000 suns Thor-#351.

Of course if the hammer can't break the ring then this sweet little trick will. You see while Thor has been going toe to toe with Norrin (After all if he is trying to crush the ring by hand then he's going to have to punch him a few times) nanoprobes have been dealing with surfer , no they haven't ripped him to shreds. They’ve done something a little more.....insidious.

Remember hellbombs /firebombs. Those baseball sized bombs introduced within Superman/batman . The ones Darksied was so afraid of he had to beat the crap out of Batman to get the codes to turn them off ?

Yup, a few hundred of them are now bonded with surfer glittery skin , of course that just wouldn't be enough their attuned to blow if any PC or Gl energy is used . He's also been hit with a Magical Vortex that tightens when the enemy struggle’s away-Thor-#223 (remember it from my first round match , well it's back with a vengeance ! )

We then depart to..hmm let's say Hawaii and then let's his hammer create a small jot of PC (Avengers#5) .

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Folk's , the surfer has left the building , the planet and his life...for good.

IF he somehow survives (A near impossibility) then the mechs can easily finish him off since their using Apokalyptian tech ...the kind of stuff which blows up planets with ease and hurts/stuns superman.

Good luck my friends , it has been a wonderful match and I hold no grudges whatever the outcome.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:08 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

I'm pretty close to my verdict. Grey Fox's last post was a lot more convincing that all the prior posts his team made before that. I'll be reviewing the battle more closely throughout the day before I make my final decision.

I will add that that I find it strange that multiple rings are allowed yet Borg isn't allowed to make clones. It's a strange loophole.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 12:54 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I also find it odd that his most recent incarnation with GL rings of his own wasn't allowed...though he's had them for many years in comics time. Yet everyone else are having dozens of them at the very least.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 01:19 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

So we know of your presence , we can easily hop on through a dimensional portal into or outside your shield . Cosmic Awareness will only give you so much. Yet you still haven't answered the 'genis insanity' yet. Either surfers looking up small things or he's going nut's pure and simply. Why do you think quasar wasn't allowed to permanently keep the CA ?

blink I didn’t respond to this ‘going crazy’ thing because it’s ridiculous. When has it EVER been mentioned that if ss tries to extand his cosmic awareness that he will go nuts? He’s simply sensing you. Hell, he could HEAR you. If he hears too well does he go crazy too?

quote:
Thors hammer can easily break through that shield , he did it in Avengers-Annual-#21 to Kangs shield and he can do it to yours. Thors' not merely poking the hammer through though , he's swung it.

ss is monitoring you. He will KNOW when you open a portal – it would be EASY for him to sense a dimensional rift being created. Max is also probing your thoughts and will KNOW WHAT YOU ARE PLANNING.

you cannot surprise us!

beyond those obvious reasons for failure, there is the time issue. first, it will take thor a few seconds to track us. Another few seconds to port to us. By then however, we are ready to go. If (for you doubters out there . . .) we need another few seconds, thor is NOT going to break our shield – at least not anything resembling quickly.This is our shield:

<<Lastly in prep, our team will erect the strongest GL shield covering the entire team they can (reinforcing them with their own powers where applicable) making sure that the shield does not block telepathy.>>

the shield is reinforced by TWO GL’s AND the ss’s power cosmic. I seem to recall a SINGLE GL shield containing a supernova and something like a BIG BANG. SS’s own shields have easily withstood the forces of a black hole and repeated blows from an enraged hulk. Thor will NOT be getting through OUR shield any more than he could get through quasar’s shield:

http://img57.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img5...image=field.jpg

http://img65.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img6...mage=field2.jpg

he has also failed repeatedly to break through graviton’s shields as well as many others, including dr. doom’s. so no, thor will definitively NOT be able to simply walk up to our shield and ‘break it’. IF we are still present in the shield by the time they arrive – which we WOULD NOT BE. (Oh, and in case you say that was masterson in the above scan – avengers #21, the issue YOU quoted, is ALSO masterson . . .)

now, should thor try and port INSIDE the shield (a feat he has NEVER ACCOMPLISHED btw, he always tries to BREAK them . . .) there are a couple things that need to be considered:

First, we state that the shield ‘covers US’. Meaning there is no ROOM in the shield for thor to come in. Seems pretty . . . ridiculous to think thor would want to literally try and . . . squish inside the shield. He’d easily be as hampered as we would, and be unable to swing his hammer. That of course means max (who does not need to move to attack), could finish him with a psi-blast. Then of course we’d simply teleport out of the shield and be up 3-2 in characters. Or maybe (because we KNOW he’s coming) he just walks straight into a constrictor, making it 3-2 again.
TRYING TO GET INTO OUR SHIELD IS NOT A CLEVER IDEA . . .

So he can’t break it, he can’t port inside it and if you are thinking logically – we are ready by the time they arrive anyway!!
oh, I like that you’ve swapped strategies btw. That gravity thing really did suck. erm

quote:
Now your down one member , were still invisible and yellow, Cyborg is still getting those mechs ready (outfitted with the best Apokalyptian tech) and Thor is STILL badass.

nice job of avoiding the time question: how long do you think it takes again to get all this tech? And where exactly on earth does he come across apokoliptian tech . . .? By the time the mechs have ANY chance to arrive, the battle is over.

quote:
Now if Maxima somehow survived Thor initial Hammer swing (which I doubt) then she has to deal with Cyborg , a single punch deals with her. Yellow tinted Nanoprobes tear her to shreds. See now you need to IDENTIFY the fear and then overcome it , but you can't when you can't SEE said fear. If you try any psychic attacks on Thor (I doubt since your being torn apart by nanaobots) Thor's hammer can reverse a Psychic attack- see Thor #428 (Not to mention the absorbing/ignoring them )

now you see, there you go again. You have borg somehow attacking max. do you have ss simply sitting around watching? Because now you have thor AND borg attacking max. . . no
borg is no use to anyone. After you guys arrive, we are all set. If not, thor wastes a few more seconds trying to break our shield. Either way, you do not get to us before we are ready. At that point we simply teleport out to our assigned targets and polish you off. There is no way for you to avoid this outcome. You can’t get through our shield quick enough and even if someone out there thinks thor CAN somehow (impossibly) get through those layers of shields to hit max ss could simply STOP the hammer before it reached her:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;postid=7118421

or even if it DID somehow, despite everything that could prevent it . . . MAXIMA HAS STOOD FOR PROLONGED PERIODS IN 1ON1 BATTLE WITH SUPERMAN AND DOOMSDAY!! AND NOW SHE HAS THE ADDED PROTECTION OF A RING!! Needless to say, a single strike from thor WILL NOT COME CLOSE TO FINISHING HER!

As far as us not overcoming yellow – psst, foxy, if it is your contention that your team is invisible, that means visible light is bent around you. Guess what? Yellow is VISIBLE. If you are INVISIBLE, you HAVE NO COLOUR! and in any event, we are using senses other than VISUAL to find you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

oh, and nice scan, but borg uses some never-defined ‘weakness’ on erads. SS HAS no exploitable weakness. If he does, borg doesn’t know how to find it – or at least he didn’t when they met in the GL/SS x-over that is at least in borg’s case, canon.

quote:
Now we Thor and Cyborg taking on Surfer.

so they double team max (while ss watches) then they double team ss? *sigh*

thor is out because as has been the case all along you cannot stop max from porting behind you and taking you out. Now, about the constrictor – it took a combination hal + flash to escape it and it has no known weaknesses – at least none that the ring could find. We have showed already that confinement CAN work on borg. Then there is the issue of k-nite weakening. So yes, borg IS held. In his weakned state, and ss’s AMPED state, ss could likely just beat him down with sheer power, or utterly destroy his inorganic (perhaps even his organic) side with a combination blasts and genetic manipulation, or maybe ss just decides to VIBRATE a weakened borg to pieces:

http://img289.imageshack.us/my.php?image=borg1oq0.jpg

we use a constrictor because confinement can and has worked in the past. NOT because it’s the only way an amped ss could beat a weakened borg. As far as the nanites – how will he get close enough to try and use them? And even if he DID, why would they be any more effective on ss than they were on hal:

http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nanitesqr3.jpg

big grin

quote:
Of course if the hammer can't break the ring then this sweet little trick will.
Remember hellbombs /firebombs. Those baseball sized bombs introduced within Superman/batman . The ones Darksied was so afraid of he had to beat the crap out of Batman to get the codes to turn them off ?

Yup, a few hundred of them are now bonded with surfer glittery skin ,

thor is done. And . . . WHERE exactly do these bomb-things come from? and HOW exactly does borg ever think he gets close enough to even TRY and . . . stick them on the ss? Some of the things you guys come up with . . .

readers and judges, one thing must be made exceedingly clear: the only way they can POSSIBLY prevent our plan is to reach us before we are ready (ie – before hal has sundipped). Now, as kahn has explained, that only takes a few seconds. In that time they must locate and port to us THEN break our shields – all within a matter of SECONDS! I’ve pointed out the idiocy of trying to port INSIDE our shield, and I’ve posted scans showing that thor has been unable to penetrate shields that are LESS powerful than the ones we have erected. Beyond that the shield will only need to stand for a couple seconds at most. Once we are ready, they have never once been able to counter our ability to teleport to them and choose our opponent. Thor WILL be taken out quickly from behind by maxima, giving us a 3-2 advantage only moments into the fight. An amped ss will be battling a k-nite weakened borg. If borg does not fall quickly, max’s aid will ensure he goes down moments later. Hal can handle ray, but all he really needs to do is to delay him for a short time before it is 3on1. For all their complex and illogical attacks, they CANNOT counter our simple, initial plan that takes advantage of our ability to monitor, teleport and exploit their weaknesses.

quote:
Good luck my friends , it has been a wonderful match and I hold no grudges whatever the outcome.

and well done to you guys. smile

Last edited by leonidas on Aug 22nd, 2006 at 03:52 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 03:49 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

My decision has been made and the vote entered.

Good job guys!

A battle through and through.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 04:16 PM