KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- Main Rules

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- Main Rules
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TBJ
High

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
It appears my opinion is widely held laughing out loud

I would say so! eek!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 10:30 PM
TBJ is currently offline Click here to Send TBJ a Private Message Find more posts by TBJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Originally posted by Lana
It appears my opinion is widely held laughing out loud

You started a trend.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 10:39 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Woohoo!

And ooooooh. Stuff appeared.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 10:39 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, powers list is now some 95% complete.

Right now, no new powers are going in, but options are always open in the long term. It would be nicer to have two styles for each weapon, and maybe more weapons. Old Paths like Invincible Scholar, Falling Willow and Tightening Coils may be re-done; certainly there may need to be more use of the Block/Throw/Stun/Stagger mechanics (IS did blocks, FW did... well, it did Prones, but that is functionally the same as Throws now).

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 10:42 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Has Storm Turtle been changed? Because before it was +3 to defense against regular gun attacks and +5 against burst fire (which isn't in there now)...and I used the hell out of that power...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 10:44 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, that is true- I'll change it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 10:49 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just as a note to people...

If a power says it 'sets' damage, then the damage will be that regardless. If damage becomes set to 3, then even if you have +10 damage from some weird thing, damage will be 3.

Remember you can always choose not to use a power- relevant for things like Venerable Grasshopper and Bullet Time, for example (however, if you don't use Grasshopper so as to not get its attack penalty, you could not later elect to use its bonus- it is either all on or all off)

BtVS

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 11:01 PM
Peach
mordrem

Something else I've spotted - you didn't explain what Slow means with a Tapped power.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 11:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hmph... yes I did...

BtVS

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 11:47 PM
Peach
mordrem

No commenting on my lack of observation skills allowed.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 11:50 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(comments)

BtVS

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 11:51 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Putting together a Gunner is easy.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 12:26 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Two questions.

1) Can Venerable Grasshopper be used while holding a sword or gun?

2) Can Both Guns Blazing be used to hold a sword and a gun simultaneously?

Just testing to see if these things were brought over from the last system.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 08:39 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Also, twin swords is damage 3, whereas a single is damage 4. So could I use two, then put one away and do more damage with the other?

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 08:56 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

The idea is more attack pool, I think.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 09:12 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Do you have to take Iron Butterfly if you intend to use knives for flinging mostly?

Nice trick.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 10:20 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Originally posted by Bespin Bart
Two questions.

1) Can Venerable Grasshopper be used while holding a sword or gun?

2) Can Both Guns Blazing be used to hold a sword and a gun simultaneously?

Just testing to see if these things were brought over from the last system.

Same two questions, I'm gonna go for All rounder, Katana and sub-machine gun big grin

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 10:25 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

First of all, there is no weapon changing in this game, you just declare what you are using for a particular round and use the appropriate powers. If you lock yourself into a particular type of attack, you have to run with the logic- for example, if you are guns and nunchuks and make a gun attack, you could not later use Defiant Farmer's ability to attack foes who attack you as you were clearly gunning that round.

Also, unless you fairly much throw away the weapon, or put it away and obviously are not using it, you could not use the bonus powers that specify they do not work if you are carrying a melee weapon.

Other than that, it is quite free and open. Changing guns takes no time at all either, hence that being a choice to reloading if you wish.

Spike- twin swords are smaller. If you are carrying two swords but pan top use one solo, that would most intelligently be one large and one small for a total encumbrance of 6. The katana would be wielded singly, then you would change to Twinned if you drew the other.

Sorry, to disappoint, Vera, but not really any extensive rules for knife throwing yet, so Iron Butterfuly doesn't do anything there.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 10:29 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Oh well. I thought it'd be nifty to be carrying around a load of throwing knives. ninja

Meanwhile, when it says Works With Any, does that mean I could use Defensive Master to block with my staff? Just to clarify.

Nice trick.

Last edited by Vera21 on Aug 20th, 2006 at 10:44 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 10:41 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Any definitely means that. It is Defence in all circumstances if you are smarter, even against guns.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 10:48 AM