KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- Main Rules

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- Main Rules
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

What the heck would a Defensive sword Path do? What's wrong with using the Defensive Paths?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 26th, 2006 11:04 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I have no idea, but I think BB is just a bit pissed cause he can't use SP and JE together mesa thinks

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2006 11:24 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

It's more a matter of style. wink

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2006 04:03 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

yea, I only took it cause it has defensive capabilities, but Style wise F. it. I'll still wield it like a samurai (Iaijutsu style)

Old Post Aug 26th, 2006 09:07 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Style wise it involves you jumping around like a maniac, which is not very Samurai.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 26th, 2006 09:47 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Acting like a Samurai would be EXTREMELY boring in the Matrix. You run at your enemy while he runs at you, and you either win or die with one stroke. Where's the fun in that?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2006 10:18 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Looking over the old rules for weapons, I was wondering if there might be any involvement of axes and various throwing weapons.

Also, how about Holds?

Nice trick.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 06:28 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nope, none of that as of yet.

Holds always have an issue as being extremely dull, of course.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 06:31 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Two words: Gun Kata.

The answer to Gunners being so sucky at close combat. stick out tongue

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 06:32 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I think rules for throwing knives would be really cool...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 06:33 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gunners actually aren't sucky up close any more; they just don't have the options Martial Artists do.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 06:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Lana and I devised this, but...

You should make a Path for improvised weapons, including crowbars and flowerpots.

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 07:15 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Original Feng Shui had a template called the 'Everyman Hero' (Quote "I've got a big American heart, and a big American gun!") who didn't know any fu schitcks but was one of the luckiest bastards on Earth and got a bonus to any rolls using a weapon improvised from the scenery around him.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 07:26 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

That could be a whole fighting style in itself!

The Path of the Elegant Opportunist. stick out tongue

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 07:29 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Flower pot was my idea. And I think that would be great for the more easily amused of us big grin

Question! With the twinned weapons, is there any plan to have any specific rules for using two knives?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 08:09 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And there was a Path in Feng Shui called the 'Path of the Selective Master', which, along with a Gun schtick called 'Signature Weapon', allowedd you to create a weapon that was personally yoursd, that you were best with, and could not be destroyed, like Bond's Walther PPK.

Which then led to a situation where someone once took an Everyman Hero, bought Selective Master with xp, and designated his car as the weapon, used with the EH's improvised ability...

-

Answer- no. Which is to say yes, you mean the other way around, really. Iron Butterfly is based on there being two knives.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 08:13 PM
Peach
mordrem

Really? I didn't know that, I've been using it with just one. Okay!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 08:17 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's not a prerequisite, that's just the vision.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 08:18 PM
Peach
mordrem

Neat.

I was just wondering because I didn't remember anything ever being mentioned about it using more than one, and I was kind of wanting to try using two and thus was wondering if that'd work differently or not.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 08:27 PM
Fire

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Style wise it involves you jumping around like a maniac, which is not very Samurai.

Well not really samurai no, but I'll make it work.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Acting like a Samurai would be EXTREMELY boring in the Matrix. You run at your enemy while he runs at you, and you either win or die with one stroke. Where's the fun in that?

True, that's whole deal of Iaijutsu, Since I plan on using the blade mainly against mooks, that should work out fine

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 08:47 PM