KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Official Magneto Respect Thread

The Official Magneto Respect Thread
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Also, f*ck you batdude. no expression

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Nov 7th, 2008 at 08:58 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 08:44 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
Also, f*ck you batdude. no expression

I love you too.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 10:03 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

whats the most powerful version of magneto ?

Attachment: magneto vs apoc..jpg
This has been downloaded 823 time(s).

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 09:49 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Timslar
Undead

Originally posted by chomperx9
whats the most powerful version of magneto ?

That scan is from the Age of Apocalypse (AoA) and is one of the weakest versions of Magneto. In the AoA storyline Xavier is killed, and Apocalypse awakens early. So any event that happened because Xavier had been alive, up to a certain point, never happens.

The reason why this Magneto is one of the weakest is because he never recieves any power upgrades. It's basic, 70+ year old Magneto. Still very powerful but not capable of subatomic manipulation, wormhole generation, or some of the other more impressive feats.

Off the top of my head, these are some of the upgrades he didn't recieve in the AoA storyline.

- De-aging: When Magneto created Alpha the Ultimate Mutant, Alpha rebelled and turne Magneto into a child. When Magneto was restored he was given his body in its physical prime (Early 30s) rather than 70+. This meant more stamina (Which Magneto needs to use his powers) so he could fight longer and harder.

-Power amp1: This is off the top of my head, so forgive me for not knowing exact issues. After Asteroid M is taken down by the X-Men, Magneto basrely survives with the help of the acolyte Chrome. When he returns from this, he explains how he is more powerful than he had ever been. He says this, by the way, while holding a funeral full of X-Men with his powers as he lectures them.

-Power amp2: In the Magneto: Dark Seduction storyline, Magneto had been given the island of Genosha to rule. At this time, due to events that happened previously with his encounter with his clone Joseph, Magneto is near powerless and relies on Polaris to access the electromagnetic spectrum. On this island was a machine capable of giving Magneto his powers back. He ends up using it and becoming more powerful than ever.

I'm almost certain I missed at least one upgrade. =/

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 08:07 AM
Timslar is currently offline Click here to Send Timslar a Private Message Find more posts by Timslar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Timslar
That scan is from the Age of Apocalypse (AoA) and is one of the weakest versions of Magneto. In the AoA storyline Xavier is killed, and Apocalypse awakens early. So any event that happened because Xavier had been alive, up to a certain point, never happens.

The reason why this Magneto is one of the weakest is because he never recieves any power upgrades. It's basic, 70+ year old Magneto. Still very powerful but not capable of subatomic manipulation, wormhole generation, or some of the other more impressive feats.

Off the top of my head, these are some of the upgrades he didn't recieve in the AoA storyline.

- De-aging: When Magneto created Alpha the Ultimate Mutant, Alpha rebelled and turne Magneto into a child. When Magneto was restored he was given his body in its physical prime (Early 30s) rather than 70+. This meant more stamina (Which Magneto needs to use his powers) so he could fight longer and harder.

-Power amp1: This is off the top of my head, so forgive me for not knowing exact issues. After Asteroid M is taken down by the X-Men, Magneto basrely survives with the help of the acolyte Chrome. When he returns from this, he explains how he is more powerful than he had ever been. He says this, by the way, while holding a funeral full of X-Men with his powers as he lectures them.

-Power amp2: In the Magneto: Dark Seduction storyline, Magneto had been given the island of Genosha to rule. At this time, due to events that happened previously with his encounter with his clone Joseph, Magneto is near powerless and relies on Polaris to access the electromagnetic spectrum. On this island was a machine capable of giving Magneto his powers back. He ends up using it and becoming more powerful than ever.

I'm almost certain I missed at least one upgrade. =/
i know where that scan is from i have the book AOA. and that's one of the best comic books to have i don't care if it was cannon or not. and i don't know why so many underestimate magneto saying hes not all that powerful just because their are some others out there that can whip him. technically out of all the people that are considered mutants him and xavier are the most powerful. and was only posting the picture cause its a magneto respect thread and there he took out apocalypse. i was only asking which version of magneto is the most powerful. like there's PC superman superman prime and all that.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 06:30 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Timslar
Undead

Originally posted by chomperx9
i know where that scan is from i have the book AOA. and that's one of the best comic books to have i don't care if it was cannon or not. and i don't know why so many underestimate magneto saying hes not all that powerful just because their are some others out there that can whip him. technically out of all the people that are considered mutants him and xavier are the most powerful. and was only posting the picture cause its a magneto respect thread and there he took out apocalypse. i was only asking which version of magneto is the most powerful. like there's PC superman superman prime and all that.

Oh, I thought you were asking because the scan made you think that was the strongest version and you were asking who THAT was.

The strongest Magneto is the one with the most upgrades. He's just gotten more powerful as time went on. So I'd say, judging from that, since Magneto got his powers back I'd say current Magneto is the most powerful. We've yet to see if he's MORE powerful, but I think it's pretty safe to say he's at least as strong as he was before he lost his powers.

And people underestimate Magneto because they typically just think of him as the guy who moves metal. And I'd say by this point, because of his upgrades, Magneto is beyond even Xavier. The only mutant (Who isn't Godlike.. like Mad Jim Jaspers) who could potentially surpass Magneto in terms of power and versatility is Franklin Richards. But that's just my opinion.

I have AoA too. I'm very fond it of, haha. =P

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 06:34 AM
Timslar is currently offline Click here to Send Timslar a Private Message Find more posts by Timslar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 10:44 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Shows how significant Magneto's owning of the Phoenix was.

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5552/limitsmb1.jpg

Here he hurts the Sentry with a blast.

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/...vssentryye4.jpg

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 06:28 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Um, sorry to nitpick, but doesn't that scan imply that the reason she lost to him was because she used up most of her power saving the universe?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 12:27 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

She was throwing all her power at him, which he was still able to stalemate. Finally, after fighting him for a little bit, she reached her limit, then he took advantage of the situation and ended it.

Still, for a character that was stated as having unlimited power, it was a damn good feat for Magneto.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 08:47 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by batdude123
Shows how significant Magneto's owning of the Phoenix was.

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5552/limitsmb1.jpg

Here he hurts the Sentry with a blast.

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/...vssentryye4.jpg

hey what issue was that sentry feat from.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 09:02 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

New Avengers #20.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 09:31 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peterlane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by batdude123
She was throwing all her power at him, which he was still able to stalemate. Finally, after fighting him for a little bit, she reached her limit, then he took advantage of the situation and ended it.

Still, for a character that was stated as having unlimited power, it was a damn good feat for Magneto.

Then in the next issue she proceeded to stomp him, but this is a Magneto respect thread, lets keep it down roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 10:00 PM
Peterlane is currently offline Click here to Send Peterlane a Private Message Find more posts by Peterlane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Magneto's feat from Uncannt Xmen #521

After sitting on a mountaintop for over 24 hours, and preventing any physical or telepathic contact with him, we find out what Magneto has been doing.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Moving a planet destroying bullet that is light years away (it's been travelling faster than light for months), in his 'weakened state' is insanely impressive.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 05:29 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Wow, impressive indeed.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 01:28 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Magneto vs Proteus
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

*Magneto is dying and not at full power
*Magneto can manipulate forms of energy even outside of the electromagnetic spectrum -- and does so by taking control of Proteus's body and modifying his energy matrix.
"Energy, Proteus. Just electrons dancing."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 06:27 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

thumb up

Nice to see that even while depowered and supposedly dying, Magneto isn't a pushover.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 06:34 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Wow. That was impressive.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 06:58 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Oh yes, Mags the old man is definitely useless!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 07:45 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Weak old practically dying Mags taking out a global reality warper with style... I`d say that deserves some respect. There are few if any who are as adept as him at using their powers.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 08:49 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote