KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Starcraft vs, Warhammer 40,000

Starcraft vs, Warhammer 40,000
Started by: doan_m

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
doan_m

Starcraft vs, Warhammer 40,000

Multiple wormholes have been open in both universes connecting the boundaries of the 40k universe and the Starcraft universe. Both of thier goals are simple. To destroy the otherside, and take thier universe from each other.

Who shall be victorious?

Really now, I have no idea where to put this. The Game versus thread does not want such a post despite the fact that moderators had tolerated a thread a while back posted by looldude which i am not allowed to post up due to my status as the new guy.

I do have a few...........too many nitpicks with that particular thread.

Like for example:
quote: (post)
if it was on the dark protoss homeworld then they could activate the temple and blow every Warhammer 40k ass licker to oblivion

Really now, that all depends on the forces being deployed. A Ramilles class cruiser, or hell, even a small cobra class cruiser could just simply bomb the temple from orbit. And the weakest ship projectiles on an Imperium ship are basically hypernuclear energy. Or simpler yet, a psyker could simply mind fry every single being within the Temple.

quote:
the Zerg evolve too fast, their much stronger than puny tyranids, Tyranids are similiar but their hive mind is far less advanced as the Zerg and their control is less sufficient, also they dont have Ultralisks and Guardians, or hydralisks for that matter

Clearly this one does not know the rate of evolution applies for Tyranids as well, in one instance of a skirmish with Tyranid ships(as big as a few kilometers mind you) The First day of the fight the Imperial Navy used conventional bombs on those monstrosities. The second day, they simply bounced off thier hides, so they pulled off lances on them, The third day, NOTHING worked....
Tyranids are not puny. No sir not at all. Carnifexes simply outsize any Ultralisk and will kill any Ultralisk outright(If I recall, there claws have been known to rip through adamantium), And the Tyranid hive mind, is so much more advanced. Tyranids outnumber the Zerg 100 to 1 spread out through the galaxy and yet manage to control all of them, and unlike the SC overmind, its not dead. Also, hydralisk are food for well, just about any tyranid unit. There weakest creature, the hormogaunt has been known to rip through steel with thier bare claws. And gargoyle broods are gonna eat through any guardians.

quote:
but i think a terran battle cruiser to teach the Space marines some manners

I guess this guy doesnt know. Every single frigate class ship or higher in warhammer has the ability to depoplate a planet with simply there conventional weapons. it's even worse for Space Marine class ships, as Space Marine battle barges have been known to just simply outright destroy the planet. I have yet to see any Terran battlecruiser pull that off with its yamato cannon.

quote:
Protoss Dark protoss are invisible, so how will Warhammer characters see them,

It's actually quite simple. Sensors, have been known to detect stealth units. Built into a Space Marine helmet or most other infantry systems. And besides, psychics in Warhammer 40,000 are the most decked out things ever. Some have been known to simply drive entire cities mad by thinking it. So if all those minds could be detected in such a large radius, whats a stealthed dark templar to them as they could just easily lock onto thier psychic signal and fry thier brains?
quote:
things in warhammer can match a Protoss carrier if anything at all can survive it so.....

Actually, too many things can survive a protoss carrier. Space Marine striker cruisers, Apocalypse class battleships, Tau vessels, Kroot warspheres, Battle titans, Revenant titans, Leviathan hive ships, the list goes on actually.

I think Protoss alone Wins They are Simply To good!! They have Shields on every units. and they are stronger than A regular human.

Very low settings of shields mind you. The conclusion of saying shields=instant vulnerability is simply just an unfortunate fallacy. And 40k has a big bad tendency of having oh so many things decked out beyond normal human beings. Hell, Cadian Imperial Guard has been so harshly trained that they are pushed to the extreme limit. And Space Marines, oh dear god the Space marines! Thier movements are described as so fast that they appear as a blur to the eyes of humans. And not to mention that they have been known to drink concentrated poisons and feel nothing. And then theres that matter of there acid saliva.......... sick

secondly the Carnifex is nothing compared to an ultralisk,

There has been an instance where a Carnifex managed to kill a Land Raider with one single swipe of its crushing claws. And land raiders have a moderately thick adamantium layer in thier hulls. Hell, Adamantium is pretty much a standardized material used in Imperium grade weapons.
quote:
The Tyranids obviously evolve slower, look at it this way, the tyranids evolve by taking genes of other races

1. Tyranids are eating DNA all over the galaxy at a rather alarming rate.
2. If you look back at this post I mentioned a certain skirmish between the Imperial Navy and a tyranid fleet. Such evolution does not require DNA blueprints.

quote:
As a second note the Protess can burn to dust an entire planet, space cruiser, anything, they win easily against most armies. The Necrons cannot destroy an entire planet as easily as the protoss.

You see, the problem is with that occurance is that the Protoss, had actually had to gather a rather large number of ships to destroy the planet, which took days to complete. A single Space Marine battlebarge has been known to destroy a planet in less then an hour. Oh and by the way, some other ships have been known to destroy a sun with thier guns. Oh and Necrons would have no reason to destroy a planet if its populated. They would just want to harvest the poor souls living on that doomed rock.

quote:
The Emperor is a crap assed fool of a crushed body in a golden throne , he was almost pwned by a lesser demon, Horus
Not a demon. That was his trusted son, and the Emperor was hoping to find some good in Horus so the Emperor refrained from attacking. Horus toyed with him and did all kinds of things, such as turn the Emperors acid into blood. And when Horus vaporized a terminator just by looking at him, the Emperor saw that there was no good in him and instantly had him killed in an instant with unparalleled psychic energy.

quote:
i doubt an imperial titan or bio titan could survive 20 wraiths,

Not to sure about Tyranids. But I know Imperial titans have thier own anti air systems built in, and also, docks for fighter and bomber ships.

I'm well aware of Burning Thought's concession later on in that thread. I just had to use more specific events for a more proper rebuttal.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 04:32 AM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Is the Void Dragon, the Outsider, Nightbringer, Deciver and Abaddon on WH40k's side?
If so WH

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 09:24 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doan_m

yup there all there in Warhammer.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 01:24 PM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Abaddon w/ Void's power is probobly the most powerful.
He destroyed all the other Stargod's abnd than the God's of Chaos.
He is the most powerful force in the universe (at the end)
No way a Starcraft being can match that.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 02:17 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Warhammer 40K would completely own Starcraft.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 07:29 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Starcraft nut's are fools.

The Necron would own them by themselves adding over races is just overkill

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 08:24 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

You kidding?

Starcraft gets raped.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 09:03 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ubber kratos
dragon ball z is awsome

warhammer

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 02:40 AM
ubber kratos is currently offline Click here to Send ubber kratos a Private Message Find more posts by ubber kratos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yoshiaki
Revived Member

Dark Eldar alone have the power to take down all of Starcraft

Back in Bulaku

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 07:20 AM
Yoshiaki is currently offline Click here to Send Yoshiaki a Private Message Find more posts by Yoshiaki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, Gods suck ass.

*kicks a rock*

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 07:49 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

I used to play Warhammer (the real one with the models, not on the computer) and i've played Starcraft. I'll go through the races that were present when i stopped with 40K;

Space Marines; humans with a dozen extra organs, amazing weapons, super armour, brilliant training and devistating ships and tanks. They're armoured deathbringers.

Chaos; same as the Marines, but with some nasty psychic abilitys and some devestating leaders, Abadon is digustingly scary.

Imperial Guard; indervidually weak, the men dont get much armour or particularly good weapons, but in numbers...they can come up with the goods. They have some tough as hell tanks, some big artillary and some inspiring leaders.

Eldar; fast, deadly, clever. Their leaders are 20 steps ahead of the best warriors on the feild, they have ships that move like blurs and carry weapons that dissolve everything. Much like the IG, they're not that tough, but they make up for it with their tech and their speed.

Dark Eldar; all the good bits of the Eldar (the speed, the tech and the intelligence) but with some more devistating weapons designed to shred bone, disolve troops and obliterate tanks. They have some tough, nasty characters and great power weapons for taking on armour.

Necrons; up there with the scariest army to mess with, they have strength in small or large numbers, even the lowliest warrior has a weapon that can tear a tank appart, slow moving but devestating tanks and the ability to just stand back up when killed. Can go toe to toe with any army in all aspects.

Tau; weak troops but AMAZING guns, their bristling with things that go bang and more than happy to use them. They can lay down walls of long distance, powerfull and damn accurate fire. Once they're in close combat they have a tendency to break and run, but thats where the Kroot come in, wirey, tough hand to hand masters. Kinda a mix of Tyranids and Orks but with a beak. Not the people to mess with.

Tyranids; these were the guys i least liked to fight. Their shooting is rubbish and they're not all that tough. But they're fast, lord how they're fast. They have venom sacks, they have claws that rend through armour of most thicknesses. The Carnifex is like a armoured wall with claws, the Hive Tyrant is a killing machine. The genestealers scare the hell out of any close combat troops. They devour all the DNA they come near and evolve new ways to kill.

Orks; ah the orks, i spent alot of money investing in these fellahs. They can't shoot, their not fast, their vehicles disolve under light fire and they're stupid. Why do i love them? They're tough. When they get into combat they can kill nearly any foe with their axes and cleavers. They have some of the most fearsome characters in the universe, Ghazghull Thrakka is huge, tough as hell & strong as a dozen men. Their dreadnaughts are nasty as hell, they have brilliant strenght, their weapons are actually pretty good and they're tough.
When i used to game i played the Tau i managed to get into combat in a couple turns and destroyed the whole army in 2 turns.

I look at these armys in comparison to the Starcraft and they dont have much that can stop the WH40K armys.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 10:52 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robby001

I agree with this a hundred percent. But you guys forgot some of the more specialized units. Such as the Grey Knights, Death Watch and the Legion of the Damned. Then you have the Terminator squads which are super tough. I believe that the Ultra Marines 1st Company which was mostly Veteran terminators stopped the Tyranids fleet Behemoth.

But In reality all you would need to beat any star craft foe is a legion of space marines and all would fall in front of the Angels of Death.

"God created Arakis to train the faithful."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 09:40 AM
Robby001 is currently offline Click here to Send Robby001 a Private Message Find more posts by Robby001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

When a game gets too complicated with graphics and controls, it fails to be fun anymore.

That's why I like StarCraft. The graphics are great for what the game needs, controls and structures are simple, I just have to worry about having fun, rather than how to do 200 things at once.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 07:56 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robby001

I don't think that Dawn of War is any more complicated then star Craft. Just better Graphics and well better everything big grin

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:41 PM
Robby001 is currently offline Click here to Send Robby001 a Private Message Find more posts by Robby001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Depends on who was playing what armies on what sides. If I had each of the three armies from Starcraft, Terran, Protoss, and Zerg, and a large enough map, a building of each kind to start with ... Then I could pretty much obilterate any WH40K army, cuz I would Starcraft for long, long periods, and figure out how to utilize each unit to its strongest ability, with Zerg's ability to hide under the ground, and they can be set to release when I want them too. Also if everything is upgraded for all of the races... then I could take down any WH40K army.

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 10:58 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doan_m

Originally posted by Vim
Depends on who was playing what armies on what sides.

Thats the first problem. Game mechanics usually mean squat as they do not truly represent any of the units capabilities and nor does it represent real time combat in any way.
quote:

If I had each of the three armies from Starcraft, Terran, Protoss, and Zerg, and a large enough map, a building of each kind to start with ... Then I could pretty much obilterate any WH40K army,

Do you actually know anything about Warhammer 40,000? Every single race in Starcraft is a pale imitation of any faction from Warhammer 40,000 in just about every single way that can be thought of. To just give you a taste of the crazy things on the WH440k side

Space Marines:
-Possesses standard guns called bolters which are semi automatic rocket launcher that can turn an unarmored human being into a mist of blood and guts
-tanks which can resist GIGAJOULES of concentrated energy
-Battleships that can destroy a planet in under an hour with conventional weapons.
Tyranids:
Trillions of masochistic monsters in just one fleet, eating every single planet in there path
-kilometer sized monstrosities in space, capable of traversing through the warp
-Genestealers able to cut through adamantium with there claws
Chaos:
Single bloodthirster or daemon prince capable of destroying all life on a single planet.
Planet killers able to dish out 2e38 joules of energy!(minimum energy to kill a planet is 1e32 joules)
Imperial Guard:
-Hordes of soldiers that would make the zerg look small in comparision
-Lasguns able to penetrate 3 meters of concrete(also arguably the weakest weapon in 40k)
-Variety of battle tanks meant for all kinds of purpose of fighting ranging from the smallest Sentinel to the over the top Baneblade and Stormhammer.
-Kilometer sized ships also able to destroy an entire planet
-Nova cannons located on said ships which fire office builing sized projectiles with moon sized explosions
Thiers more but I want to make this quick.

quote:
cuz I would Starcraft for long, long periods, and figure out how to utilize each unit to its strongest ability,

The problem is with starcraft against WH40k, is that even if you do find a way to use it to their strongest ability, you would find that their strongest ability is not enough to decimate any 40k force.

quote:
with Zerg's ability to hide under the ground, and they can be set to release when I want them too.

In no way is that an advantage to a Tyranid army. Unlike the Zerg who remained burrowed in one spot, the Tyranids tend to actively tunnel thier way through the planet going where they want to from under the ground. And then theres the mention of psykers(warhammer 40,000 uber psychics able to turn you inside out by whispering a syllable) they could simply detect any number of zerg from a city away.
quote:
Also if everything is upgraded for all of the races... then I could take down any WH40K army.

Even with said upgrades you would still have nothing against 40k.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 02:18 AM
Vim
ILFTKYS

Hey sounds like you know your WarHammer, I wasn't meaning anything incredibly serious by this, plus it seemed to get you stirred up a bit! Heh, heh... I see you have made a valid point. It doesn't seem very likely that these two franchises would ever see any kind of match up like this ever so .... we could go on guessing about who would win what, but does any of it really matter in the end?? Besides I'm saying in total game universes... You can be surprised what you can do when you know how strategize, especially after gathering up all the info on here about all the "planet destroying ships" which it seems kind of pointless to bicker about two franchises that would never face off, especially when one has such a weapon... Right?

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Last edited by Vim on Nov 1st, 2006 at 02:42 AM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 02:40 AM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robby001

I was doing a little research on the back round of Star Craft, and to me the size of all the planets is only maybe a hundred for all the races. Now in Warhammer 40k the Imperium is so vast and so so immense, and operates so slowly, that whole departments of it still service agencies which no longer exist and worlds dead for thousands of years. Now thats just one of the races.

Those of you who are Star Craft fans and not 40k fans take a peak at these. They are the back rounds of the races and gives histories and other goodies.

Star Craft - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCr...#Koprulu_Sector

Warhammer 40k - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40%2C000

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 06:14 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Starcraft would clearly win. So many worlds in the 40k universe are undefended by anything more than a imperial guard militia.

The 40k universe wouldn't unite, because of the intrinsic hate between the Empire, Eldar and co and the forces of Chaos. In fact, they'd probably take advantage of the suprise attack to take out each other, allowing the Starcraft posse full reign in the universe.

There'd be no worries for a Protoss battle group if they were going to take down a Chaos Prince.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 08:32 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Originally posted by Trickster
Starcraft would clearly win. So many worlds in the 40k universe are undefended by anything more than a imperial guard militia.

The 40k universe wouldn't unite, because of the intrinsic hate between the Empire, Eldar and co and the forces of Chaos. In fact, they'd probably take advantage of the suprise attack to take out each other, allowing the Starcraft posse full reign in the universe.

There'd be no worries for a Protoss battle group if they were going to take down a Chaos Prince.

Trickster!! Remember me?? I remember you buddy, gosh I think you were on here before I got here. I've seen lots of your posts around, you seem to be pretty cool guy. Anyway, its been like 5 years since I've posted anything on here. But I'm back!! And I've been making waves as you can see. The thing is I played the miniuature (sp?) game awhile back and it seemed to be a great leeway into the RTS realm especially on PC or the like. But anyway, the variables between these two games are too high to actually have them battle one another. Blizzard created Starcraft as an RTS game firstly and then may have went into greater details later... But my statement still stands that if I were given certain things with the Starcraft armies, I could still whoop any WH40K army.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 08:48 PM