KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » In the Mood for Love

In the Mood for Love
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Solo

In the Mood for Love

Just got done watching it, and I was very impressed. However, I enjoyed "2046" much more. Kar Wai Wong gets better and better. I loved how Tony Leung's character is used both in this and "2046".

Anyone see it?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 05:25 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dancehall

the title sounds great, nope havent seen it yet..whats the story like?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 07:30 AM
dancehall is currently offline Click here to Send dancehall a Private Message Find more posts by dancehall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arashi13

"In the Mood for Love" was the superior movie to "2046" which was the sequel to "In the Mood for Love" Tony Leung and Maggie Cheung were brilliant in this movie about two people who discover that their respective spouses are having an affair. They end up falling in love and having an affair of their own, with a heartbreaking ending. Great acting performances by both Leung and Cheung and with a fine supporting cast.

I liked 2046, but it was not as complete as a movie.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 06:56 PM
Arashi13 is currently offline Click here to Send Arashi13 a Private Message Find more posts by Arashi13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I completely disagree, and I don't see how "2046" is a sequel, other than Tony Leung plays a continuing character.

I thought "2046" was by far the superior, and very much complete, if you paid much attention. The cinematography is definitely the best I have ever seen. One of my favorites, personally.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 07:47 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arashi13

We agree to disagree then. However all the critics agree with me and I am sure Wong Kar Wai agrees too. I liked 2046, just not as much as In the Mood for Love.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 04:06 AM
Arashi13 is currently offline Click here to Send Arashi13 a Private Message Find more posts by Arashi13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I find it amusing how highly you hold critics' opinions.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 05:18 AM
Arashi13

As long as the critics agree with me, then their opinions count. In the Mood for Love was the superior movie. We simply agree to disagree.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 03:59 AM
Solo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arashi13
As long as the critics agree with me, then their opinions count.

I'm going to try to look past the hypocrisy implied in that statement. You're a riot.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 12:04 AM
Arashi13

Absolutely no hypocrisy at all. I am just correct. In the Mood for Love was the better movie.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 06:01 AM
Solo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arashi13
I am just correct.

Right.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 08:13 PM
Arashi13

See, you can agree with me. Wong Kar Wai said, "In the Mood for Love" was the superior film.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 03:14 AM
Loot

Both "in the mood for love" and "2046" are brilliant movies, Wong Kar Wai is one of the best filmmakers i know. And "2046" is a sequel to "in the mood for love", Tony leung´s character is the same and its great to see what happened to the character, the connection between the two movies is amazing, if you liked one you have to see the other. And TOny Leung is an excellent actor.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 11:01 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote