KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Storm Respect Thread

Storm Respect Thread
Started by: TheKahn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Storm Respect Thread

All credit for the collection, description, and organization of these scans goes to Silencio and Lord Shiva. Their original page can be seen here: http://72.36.190.122/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112411

Let's start with her first appearance. Here, she overloads or "exceeds the limits" of Polaris. Then, the energy allows her to shoot downwards through five miles of ocean and four thousand miles of the Earth's crust to the center of the Earth.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Fighting N'Garai demons and destroying the cairn in Uncanny X-Men #96:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Overpowering Polaris in Uncanny X-Men #97:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Showing control as she defeats a sentinel above downtown New York with a hurricane, yet only the sentinel is harmed. From Uncanny X-Men #98:

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 02:36 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Flying on and defeating a sentinel with solar winds in Uncanny #99:

(please log in to view the image)

Interesting piece of dialogue about her being able to change the unstable molucules of her costume into any clothes she desires in Uncanny #101:

Conversing with other life forms, plants, in Uncanny #109:

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 02:37 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Flash flooding in an instant in Uncanny #95 and #116:

Her second battle with Magneto in Uncanny X-Men #112. He notes "You...almost had me,my dear. Yet at the last instant, you held back." :

Cool feat about Storm's control over her body, in Uncanny #113 where the X-Men's (including Phoenix, Wolverine, Nightcrawler etc) powers are neutralized and are reduced to physical prowess of infants, Storm manages to get the lockpicks out of her tiara, and almost pick a complicated lock she's never seen before (later in the issue she succeeds). Also, she notes that at 6 months she had the coordination of a young girl:

Using "freezing rain" to shatter a Mandroid in Uncanny #118:

Using hurricane force winds against Vindicator in Uncanny #120 in a clothes boutique. The shopkeeper thinks to herself "She turned a hurricane on-and-off in here, with just a thought."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 02:37 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Tracking Vindicator by using his energy train in Uncanny #121:

Channeling a storm/blizzard(originally conjured by Shaman) that spans the American continent through her body to calm it, also from #121:

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 02:40 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

TheKahn
The Dude abides

TheKahn
The Dude abides

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 02:41 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

TheKahn
The Dude abides

TheKahn
The Dude abides

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 02:42 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

TheKahn
The Dude abides

TheKahn
The Dude abides

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 02:43 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

TheKahn
The Dude abides

TheKahn
The Dude abides

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 02:44 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

TheKahn
The Dude abides

TheKahn
The Dude abides

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 02:45 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 02:45 PM