KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Storm Respect Thread

Storm Respect Thread
Started by: TheKahn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ra˙ne
Dark Queen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by boriquaking55
I know handbooks don't mean much, but look at those pathetic ratings they gave her in the 2004 handbook. 5 energy projection?

Yea I noticed that too and I know Storm is smarter than a 2 she's no Reed Richards but come on.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 12:06 AM
Ra˙ne is currently offline Click here to Send Ra˙ne a Private Message Find more posts by Ra˙ne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

why, exactly, would storrm be able to beat magneto? i've never really understood that idea.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 07:51 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Because Storm rewrites/nudges/overrides/commands/prompts the Elements/Natural Laws. of Science.
Magneto Manipulates them.

Storm can wrench control away from Classic Magnus -Temporarily. Theoretically leaving him armed only with gravity.

Storm would win 6/10 as Magnus would tire first, his powers require Constant Concentration. Storm can set up attacks and power down letting the weather phenomenon do the Heavy lifting.

Human Knowledge of Science is far from absolute. Storm's DNA is free from mans clumsy conceptions of the Natural Laws.

Case in point: Hank McCoy tutoring Storm on the concept of Ball lightning is B.S.

oh and those bios are the product of appletini sipping anonymous deskjockeys. Go figure.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 09:40 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by boriquaking55
I know handbooks don't mean much, but look at those pathetic ratings they gave her in the 2004 handbook. 5 energy projection?

5/7 is very good when Handbooks have to include people like Surfer or Morg in them (I assume skyfathers and abstracts are the only ones that get 7/7 for energy projection though)

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 11:35 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

wouldn't that same "man doesn't know everything yet" philosophy also apply to magneto's abilities? storm can create ball lightning, magneto can create wormholes. neither are understood by modern science. but magneto controls a fundamental force of the universe. i still can't think of a single thing storm could do to magneto.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 11:58 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

hypnotize him with a drop of a shoulder strap and flicker of an eyelash

oh Storm is a latent Vampire [Dracula drew blood, being of Strong mind Storm shook off his hold unaided]

Last edited by shiv on Apr 24th, 2007 at 02:25 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 02:20 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
5/7 is very good when Handbooks have to include people like Surfer or Morg in them (I assume skyfathers and abstracts are the only ones that get 7/7 for energy projection though)

The rating for energy projection isn't a power one. It's a type/range.

You could have the most powerful ability in the world, but if it's only one type, and only close range, then you get a really low energy projection rating. Even if the energy you project is MUCH more devastating than someone who can control numerous types at a large distance.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 03:01 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

Originally posted by don't shiv
hypnotize him with a drop of a shoulder strap and flicker of an eyelash

oh Storm is a latent Vampire [Dracula drew blood, being of Strong mind Storm shook off his hold unaided]

magneto's a lonely sucker with jungle fever. i accept that scenario.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 05:33 PM
ExodusCloak

There's a lot of unnecessary spam(not that spam is ever necessary) going on here... no expression

Marvel Official Handbook Key:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 05:38 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

F***k handbooks/bios Try this on for size

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-X-M...s/dp/0785106618
guest starring the swashbuckling Dr Doom as Don Juan/Romeo big grin

and don't forget the Dark Phoenix Volume before that, for more on Storm.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 12:28 PM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

GREATLY affecting the SILVER SURFER with cCosmic Lightning.

Storm summons the power of the ENTIRE CORE!! UXM-165

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 07:52 PM
2damnloud is currently offline Click here to Send 2damnloud a Private Message Find more posts by 2damnloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

did you stop reading at that point, or did you see the next page where he's totally unharmed?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 08:23 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

"Did you hope to impede one who flies through the hearts of suns with a minuscule ball of fire?"

Later;

"I will survive any attack you might make upon me."

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 08:31 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Soljer
"Did you hope to impede one who flies through the hearts of suns with a minuscule ball of fire?"

Later;

"I will survive any attack you might make upon me."

To survive does not mean you were not affected cool

He was CLEARLY affected and screaming in pain thanx to storm.............AGAINrock

And he was talking about JOHNNY'S fireball as he was just about to fire one.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 09:04 PM
2damnloud is currently offline Click here to Send 2damnloud a Private Message Find more posts by 2damnloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

Originally posted by manorastroman
did you stop reading at that point, or did you see the next page where he's totally unharmed?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 09:07 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by 2damnloud
To survive does not mean you were not affected cool

He was CLEARLY affected and screaming in pain thanx to storm.............AGAINrock

And he was talking about JOHNNY'S fireball as he was just about to fire one.

Listen; dumb ass, Johnny didn't hit him with anything till AFTER he told Storm "You think you could impede me with such a pitiful attack? I'm the Silver Surfer, *****! It takes a cosmic arm lock to slow me down!"

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 09:12 PM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Listen; dumb ass, Johnny didn't hit him with anything till AFTER he told Storm "You think you could impede me with such a pitiful attack? I'm the Silver Surfer, *****! It takes a cosmic arm lock to slow me down!"

http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan0015dg9.jpg

"So this isn't going to work at all is WHAT YOU'RE SAYING."

roll eyes (sarcastic)

This is after he recovered for Storm's IMPRESSIVE attack.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 09:14 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by 2damnloud
http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan0015dg9.jpg

"So this isn't going to work at all is WHAT YOU'RE SAYING."

roll eyes (sarcastic)

This is after he recovered for Storm's IMPRESSIVE attack.

This was the first panel he was seen in after Storm's pitiful attempt to slow him down. Johnny didn't attack till after Storm failed to affect the Surfer in any way what so ever.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 09:24 PM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Storm failed to affect the Surfer in any way what so ever.

eek!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 09:27 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

And?

Do you think storm hope to impede one who flies through the hearts of sun with such a minuscule ball of fire?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 09:51 PM