KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Very Rare or Hard to find DVD You want in your Collection.

Very Rare or Hard to find DVD You want in your Collection.
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

As big of a DVD collector I am, I can't think of any rarities I want for my library.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 07:03 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Recently I saw a Two disc Collectors edition of August Underground for $70.00 at Ebay. I was tempted to bid. But just above my economy at the moment.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Core
There were 3 "X-Men" animated series cartoon DVDs. I had them at one point, but they go for big bucks. The Phoenix Saga disc is worth upwards of $50.

You can also get bootleg copies for $20. I remenber seen the set in a comic book convention.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2007 08:24 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

There's a two disc edition of August Underground available from their website for $30.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2007 08:25 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I did a little search and it seems like that $30 is a cheaper bargain for the 2 disc edition. I'm considering ordering very soon.

Just yesterday I received my copy of Love, Strange love on the mail. Wow! Good film...it's like Salo but without the violence and torture scenes. Best coming of age film IMO.

I'm now currently in the hunt to get a DVD copy of Titicut Follies. So, yeah..that one may not be as easy to find and might even impose a challenge.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 05:15 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mark Question
Lurker

I want Ken Branagh's "Hamlet." I heard it comes out on DVD this year. Anyone know anything on this release?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 01:06 AM
Mark Question is currently offline Click here to Send Mark Question a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Question Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I did a little search and it seems like that $30 is a cheaper bargain for the 2 disc edition. I'm considering ordering very soon.

Just yesterday I received my copy of Love, Strange love on the mail. Wow! Good film...it's like Salo but without the violence and torture scenes. Best coming of age film IMO.

I'm now currently in the hunt to get a DVD copy of Titicut Follies. So, yeah..that one may not be as easy to find and might even impose a challenge.

Titicut Follies, I'm not sure that even exists on DVD. From what I've heard in order to get that movie you have to order it directly from the director, who owns the rights to all of his documentaries, and he charges like $300 for them.

I got extremely lucky with that, was able to watch it in a film class I took a few years ago, astounding documentary, very tragic.

It was available on Google Video a while back, which allowed my mom to watch it, which she'd wanted to do since I originally told her about it after I first watched it, it may still be on there.

Also, check PBS, I hear they show it from time to time.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 01:11 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Jim Reaper
I want Ken Branagh's "Hamlet." I heard it comes out on DVD this year. Anyone know anything on this release?

Check Amazon for release dates and availability.

quote:
Titicut Follies, I'm not sure that even exists on DVD. From what I've heard in order to get that movie you have to order it directly from the director, who owns the rights to all of his documentaries, and he charges like $300 for them.

I got extremely lucky with that, was able to watch it in a film class I took a few years ago, astounding documentary, very tragic.

It was available on Google Video a while back, which allowed my mom to watch it, which she'd wanted to do since I originally told her about it after I first watched it, it may still be on there.

Also, check PBS, I hear they show it from time to time.

That is sooo cool BF! You got to see it. Would have to love to be in that class just for that reason.

You know me...I'm a stubborn Dwarf. When there is an object of desire...I go for it. I do remenber dvd aficionado had a Region 2 copy a long time ago. Recently I went back to track it..but it's not there anymore.

I'm sure there is a copy out there....I'll find it.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 05:53 PM
BackFire

Yeah, I'd never heard of it at the time, but he said that when he shows it most of the class leaves because it's too much for them.

The class started out full, by the end there was only me and like 4 other people there.

I went home and looked at some info online about the movie, and discovered how rare it is and how so many people have been trying to track it down just to watch it once. Just lucked out.

But yeah, if a DVD exists I'm sure you can find it, best of luck to you, buddy. Great movie.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 10:40 PM
yvonnekarate
Frank Sinatra fan

Beauty and the Beast

Regards, Yvonne

- Reader, I married him (Jane Eyre)
The happiness now, will be part of the pain then.
Teaching is an act of love.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 11:42 PM
yvonnekarate is currently offline Click here to Send yvonnekarate a Private Message Find more posts by yvonnekarate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yvonnekarate
Frank Sinatra fan

Forgot to mention;

Light in the Piazza
We the Living
Damals
The Tender Trap
The April Fools

Regards, Yvonne

Old Post May 29th, 2007 08:58 PM
yvonnekarate is currently offline Click here to Send yvonnekarate a Private Message Find more posts by yvonnekarate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

Originally posted by Jim Reaper
im almost sure i saw that in HMV the other day when i was in there ....

Old Post May 30th, 2007 02:19 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yvonnekarate
Frank Sinatra fan

Originally posted by ladygrim
im almost sure i saw that in HMV the other day when i was in there ....

I've got it on dvd.(..)

Regards, Yvonne

Old Post May 30th, 2007 02:34 PM
akema

Demons, but then it released in the US and i got it from Deep Discount.

Old Post May 30th, 2007 05:07 PM
akema is currently offline Click here to Send akema a Private Message Find more posts by akema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I would love for them to put on dvd "Rocko's modern Life" but I know they are not going to do it.THey should they put Ren and Stumpy on so why not that?JM

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 31st, 2007 02:34 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Hawk

Thursday

A friend of mine has it.

Old Post May 31st, 2007 05:38 PM
The Hawk is currently offline Click here to Send The Hawk a Private Message Find more posts by The Hawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WheretoVirtue?
Presumptuous

Braindead (Dead Alive) was hard to find so I had HMV order in a copy.
So was Clue..or Clueless..it was definitely- ..Oh you know I wanted Reservoir dogs but with just Mr.White on the cover..but I ended up getting the 10th anniversary one in 2003.

Old Post May 31st, 2007 09:53 PM
WheretoVirtue? is currently offline Click here to Send WheretoVirtue? a Private Message Find more posts by WheretoVirtue? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I would love for them to put on dvd "Rocko's modern Life" but I know they are not going to do it.THey should they put Ren and Stumpy on so why not that?JM

Ren & Stimpy is on DVD.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 01:32 PM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

All Kurosawa films.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 10:53 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Very Rare DVD's You want in your collection.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Pixote (1981)
Vase de noces/****ing the Pig (1974)
Tampopo (1985)
Salo The 120 Days of Sodom
Aftermath (1994)
August Underground
Africa ama/Shocking Cannibals (1971)
Malena (Fully Uncut Japanese Version)

During my recent trip to Comic Con I got some info on some of the titles I been looking for awhile. I was given the address of retailer site which carries two of the titles in my original list. I found Vase de Noces for Under $20. Then I found Pixote for $50. These films were never release in the US and UK and also the content of some scenes in the films may NEVER allowed for a general release. So I been doing good in progress to complete my list.

I did locate and purchase a few Spaghetti Western titles which are hard to find.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 08:16 PM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I am looking for the movie "Atteck of the Killer Tomatos" on dvd.Anyone know where I can find it?It is so funny but it was also not very propular or known.JM

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 01:08 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote