KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Mighty Avengers. Now THIS is an Avengers team...

The Mighty Avengers. Now THIS is an Avengers team...
Started by: Lucid Lui

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
According to Bendis. Thor is switching sides and will probably join New Avengers with Cap and all the Anti-Reg people.

What the hell is the point of War bird and Wonder man with Sentry on same the Team ? It desperately needs a Metamorpho / Green Lantern / Flash / Iceman type character. Iron man is the only higher tier character who can do anything but throw hard punches. I thought War bird was changing sides as well ?

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 05:44 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Re: The Mighty Avengers. Now THIS is an Avengers team...

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
(please log in to view the image)

I don't like this cover, it looks like every character was drawn by a different artist/colourer team then slapped onto one page: Black Widow looks like an animated character, Iron Man looks like a noob drew him, Ms Marvel almost looks painted, Wonderman looks ok but just doesn't seem to fit in with the picture style (if there is any) and Ares looks like he should be in a darker scene .... Wasp is slightly out of focus as usual.

There is a bright light behind them but none of them are in shadow except for part of Iron Man.

Basically the artwork is shocking.... I hope this isn't the finalised cover work.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 06:10 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: The Mighty Avengers. Now THIS is an Avengers team...

Originally posted by Scoobless
I don't like this cover, it looks like every character was drawn by a different artist/colourer team then slapped onto one page: Black Widow looks like an animated character, Iron Man looks like a noob drew him, Ms Marvel almost looks painted, Wonderman looks ok but just doesn't seem to fit in with the picture style (if there is any) and Ares looks like he should be in a darker scene .... Wasp is slightly out of focus as usual.

There is a bright light behind them but none of them are in shadow except for part of Iron Man.

Basically the artwork is shocking.... I hope this isn't the finalised cover work.

I know .... Is this idiot the guy whose going to be doing the whole comic ?

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 06:24 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

I think this line-up is 100% BADASSERY!!!

rock

Wonder Man's red leather pimp-jacket gives everything a classic feel.
Perhaps throw in Hawkeye and you've got a classic!!!

i'm sure the artwork will be great.
this is just a teaser....wherever it came from......

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 07:20 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Re: Re: Re: The Mighty Avengers. Now THIS is an Avengers team...

Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
I know .... Is this idiot the guy whose going to be doing the whole comic ?

i like Frank cho's art.....

but I have to admit this cover isn't exactly his best work.

and yeah cho will be doing the the art in the book.

sig by willRules

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 07:23 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

where are you guys getting all this info from?

inquiring minds want to know......

confused

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 07:26 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Aug 29th, 2006 at 08:40 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 08:36 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

What the hell is the point of War bird and Wonder man with Sentry on same the Team ? It desperately needs a Metamorpho / Green Lantern / Flash / Iceman type character. Iron man is the only higher tier character who can do anything but throw hard punches. I thought War bird was changing sides as well ?

I dont necessarily agrre with this statement. Sure some aint class 100 heroes but they have proven themselves time and time again. One of the reason I aint a big fan of DC is that they make their characters way to powerful which unbelievable powerful or stupid villains (i.e Superman's Toyman). It makes the battles more interesting when they cant win with the flick of their finger.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 08:44 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zahit
I think this line-up is 100% BADASSERY!!!

rock

Wonder Man's red leather pimp-jacket gives everything a classic feel.
Perhaps throw in Hawkeye and you've got a classic!!!

i'm sure the artwork will be great.
this is just a teaser....wherever it came from......

I can't see how its so 'bad ass' .... The only characters there i like are Iron Man and the Black Widow. I'd love to know what is everyones fascination with Ares? .... IMO He basically a rubbish Aqua man. I.e. he's royalty with average strength and average durability, withoput a hook/magic hand

*Waits for the wrath of Olympian.*

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:25 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

The reason people are hyped up about Ares is because he just had a mini, which sort of revamped his character and got people (including me) interested in him again. Now, people want to see what happens with his character. They want to see where things go. I, for one, think Ares is pretty badass. I mean, he's the God of War... you'd have to TRY to not make that badass.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:28 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I dont necessarily agrre with this statement. Sure some aint class 100 heroes but they have proven themselves time and time again. One of the reason I aint a big fan of DC is that they make their characters way to powerful which unbelievable powerful or stupid villains (i.e Superman's Toyman). It makes the battles more interesting when they cant win with the flick of their finger.

Ok... what the are you talking about ? When have you seen any comics where the fights have been as easy and mundane as superheroes flicking their fingers. IMO you have a very naive misconception about D.C. super teams. If you read any of the last volumes of JLA or JSA (Both teams with characters of a variety of powers and powerlevels) you'd be suprised at the quality of the written stories.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:30 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

I'd love to know what is everyones fascination with Ares? .... IMO He basically a rubbish Aqua man. I.e. he's royalty with average strength and average durability

Did you read his 5 issue series? the other gods are afraid of him, he's like the Super-Midnighter

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:31 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Did you read his 5 issue series? the other gods are afraid of him, he's like the Super-Midnighter

He's gay?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:32 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
you'd have to TRY to not make that badass.

I'm sure Ben-dis is up to the challenge .... hes succeeded in that department with Sentry.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:32 PM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

If the FF dosent get back toghether Post-Civil War

Then I would like to see Ben join Cap's team

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:34 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

I stopped collecting minis after the immense failures that where Drax the Destroyer and Sentry, as well as various Infinite Crisis ones. I blew alot of money last year on some pretty average comics.

He sounds kinda cool though .... I take it he's basically replacing Wolverine as the teams 'badass' ? It worked well for Orion.

Last edited by R.O.T. Yahman on Aug 29th, 2006 at 09:37 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:34 PM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

they weren't really afraid of him....they thought they were better then him and that he was just a brute who was good to use in times of war and nothing else.

thought that seemed to change at the end of the mini...

sig by willRules

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:36 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

I stopped collecting minis after the immense failures that where Drax the Destroyer and Sentry, as well as various Infinite Crisis ones. I blew alot of money last year on some pretty average comics.

Yeah a ton of IC crossovers sucked ass sick

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:37 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Grimm22
If the FF dosent get back toghether Post-Civil War

Then I would like to see Ben join Cap's team

Id love to see Ben as an Avenger .... I think he one of the best characterisations around, and could do with stamping his authority as one of marvels premiere big hitters.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:42 PM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Id love to see Ben as an Avenger .... I think he one of the best characterisations around, and could do with stamping his authority as one of marvels premiere big hitters.

He was in West Coast Avengers for a while. Sadly though they took him off for some reason What the f**k?

Rather Marvel had him become a pro-wrestaler?!?!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:46 PM