KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Mighty Avengers. Now THIS is an Avengers team...

The Mighty Avengers. Now THIS is an Avengers team...
Started by: Lucid Lui

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

quote: (post)
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
I stopped collecting minis after the immense failures that where Drax the Destroyer and Sentry, as well as various Infinite Crisis ones. I blew alot of money last year on some pretty average comics.

Ares mini>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Drax and the sentry Mini.

I was never that big a fan of the Marvel gods before reading the mini but after hearing so many people recommending it to me I decided to check it out. I'm glad I did.

and it's worth reading just to see Herc and Ares version of the fastball special. smile

sig by willRules

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:46 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Black Adam
Ares mini>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Drax and the sentry Mini.

I was never that big a fan of the Marvel gods before reading the mini but after hearing so many people recommending it to me I decided to check it out. I'm glad I did.

and it's worth reading just to see Herc and Ares version of the fastball special. smile

The 1st couple issues of Ares were f***in amazing! eek!

It kind of died down a little after that, but it was still good erm

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 10:08 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

in an interview with a large number of the minds behind civil war, bendis started tossing around some strange ideas about what might happen post-CW. including suggesting that stark and cap might be changing roles, as each of them personifies a certain aspect of america. "who's to say it's even tony wearing the armor, or steve wearing the suit?" i believe that was the quote.

so don't get your minds to racing too hard, because you could all be looking in the wrong directions.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 10:23 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Ok... what the are you talking about ? When have you seen any comics where the fights have been as easy and mundane as superheroes flicking their fingers. IMO you have a very naive misconception about D.C. super teams. If you read any of the last volumes of JLA or JSA (Both teams with characters of a variety of powers and powerlevels) you'd be suprised at the quality of the written stories.

My point is that u dont have to have class 100 characters to have a good storyline. JLA has too many powerhouses, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Superman, Martian Manhunter, characters that hardly have any weakneses. The most recent incarnation of the JLA is the more diversified since it has a couple of heroes that aint level 100. The DC teams i like the most are Birds of Prey and Teen Titans, teams that dont necesarily are the most powerful. DC overpower its characters, Marvel characters are more believable.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 10:26 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Marvel characters are more believable.

That is debatable...

And just because a hero can lift 100 tons or more doesnt mean his book will automatically suck...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 10:38 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

I wanna see Ares vs. Thor...

God Of Thunder vs. God Of War

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 10:55 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Thor would overpower him.... but he'd probably take a couple of injuries along the way

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 11:07 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Rewmac
I wanna see Ares vs. Thor...

God Of Thunder vs. God Of War

My money is on Ares.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 11:09 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Would be a great battle...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 11:41 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

If they fight h2h, Ares will murder Thor big grin

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 12:22 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Scoobless
Thor would overpower him.... but he'd probably take a couple of injuries along the way

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 12:42 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Grimm22
If they fight h2h, Ares will murder Thor big grin

I agree. Taken Thor is more popular but that aside Ares is the god of war. He'll win and i believe he'll use any means necessary.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 02:22 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

I agree. Taken Thor is more popular but that aside Ares is the god of war. He'll win and i believe he'll use any means necessary.

You mean like this?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Though I think he stole that fire "move" from Orion ... stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 02:37 AM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

You mean like this?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

thanks for posting the fastball special. smile

sig by willRules

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 02:43 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

You mean like this?

big grin Exactly like that.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 03:33 AM
Disappear

the guns just seem out of place for a god...

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 03:47 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

He ditched them for other weapons as soon as the bullets ran out

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 04:10 AM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

My point is that u dont have to have class 100 characters to have a good storyline. JLA has too many powerhouses, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Superman, Martian Manhunter, characters that hardly have any weakneses.

But you'll very rarely find them sorting out problems with their fists, so i think you'll find, youre still 'chasing shadows' with youre point. Infact I think youre arguement is far more appropriate when applied to the LAST volume of the Avengers. If u read most of the stories created by Brusiek they often followed certain a formula involing 'miraculous' escapes, generally followed by a serries of unorginal punch ups. Infact power creativity has never really been associated with the Avengers. On the other hand, Morrisson and Waid showed they where masters of it, during their respective JLA runs.

The most recent incarnation of the JLA is the more diversified since it has a couple of heroes that aint level 100. The DC teams i like the most are Birds of Prey and Teen Titans, teams that dont necesarily are the most powerful.

The JLA IMO, has always been the last resort team that deals with the Uber problems that the other teams can't handle. Infact i think Metzler put it brillaintly, when he considred why a character; who could move planets and can travel at near light velocities would need team mates ? He concluded that the JLA is all bout threats and problems that the Gods cannot 'tackle'. Which is why you need the uber characters on the team and wide diversity in 'fire power'. For example, Aquaman is not on the team becasue of his strength and durability, but because of his other abilities and resources. The same applies to the M.M and G.L.

I dont have problem with the general 'weakness' of this Avengers team, infact i think its considerably stronger than the last one. But it does lack adaptability espcially in the useage of powers. I think Bendis has dug himself a hole, as i think many of the fights/battles are going to descend into nothing more than Baroom brawls.

DC overpower its characters, Marvel characters are more believable.

Rubbish .... Powers provided by radioactive Spiders, Nuclear Blasts and Cosmic rays are not more believable.

I hate when people pull out this, 'I read Marvel because D.C.overpower their heroes and marvel is more beilevable' card. Its Ironic they are the ones who usaully state that characters like Thor, Hulk, Wonderman, Hercules Silver surfer e.t.c. could easilly beat D.C. higher teir characters, in the vrs forum.

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Last edited by R.O.T. Yahman on Aug 30th, 2006 at 02:30 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 02:20 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

You mean like this?

That is quite cool .... Although i think he could do with a KANG/Forge power. I.e. Kang can pull any appropriate weapon/shielding from any point in time, and Forge's mutant powers is to create any weapon he can think of. It could be some sort of quantum probability power, where he literally alters probability (Maybe with his godlike magic) to provide himself with the weapon he needs. What does everyone think ?

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 02:36 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

But you'll very rarely find them sorting out problems with their fists, so i think you'll find, youre still 'chasing shadows' with youre point. Infact I think youre arguement is far more appropriate when applied to the LAST volume of the Avengers. If u read most of the stories created by Brusiek they often followed certain a formula involing 'miraculous' escapes, generally followed by a serries of unorginal punch ups. Infact power creativity has never really been associated with the Avengers. On the other hand, Morrisson and Waid showed they where masters of it, during their respective JLA runs.

The JLA IMO, has always been the last resort team that deals with the Uber problems that the other teams can't handle. Infact i think Metzler put it brillaintly, when he considred why a character; who could move planets and can travel at near light velocities would need team mates ? He concluded that the JLA is all bout threats and problems that the Gods cannot 'tackle'. Which is why you need the uber characters on the team and wide diversity in 'fire power'. For example, Aquaman is not on the team becasue of his strength and durability, but because of his other abilities and resources. The same applies to the M.M and G.L.

I dont have problem with the general 'weakness' of this Avengers team, infact i think its considerably stronger than the last one. But it does lack adaptability espcially in the useage of powers. I think Bendis has dug himself a hole, as i think many of the fights/battles are going to descend into nothing more than Baroom brawls.

Rubbish .... Powers provided by radioactive Spiders, Nuclear Blasts and Cosmic rays are not more believable.

I hate when people pull out this, 'I read Marvel because D.C.overpower their heroes and marvel is more beilevable' card. Its Ironic they are the ones who usaully state that characters like Thor, Hulk, Wonderman, Hercules Silver surfer e.t.c. could easilly beat D.C. higher teir characters, in the vrs forum.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 02:52 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote