KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » KMC Debate For Cash?

KMC Debate For Cash?
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: KMC Debate For Cash?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
hi ya folks,

i'm hoping someone around here might help me with some suggestions on how to go about organizing a forum debating tournament with both an entry fee and a cash prize.

what i would LIKE to do is somehow create a paypal (or if not paypal some other monetary holding/transferring online system) account that would be held by KMC. basically people in the vs forum (or whatever forum i choose to set a tournament up in) could forward a couple bucks into this account. the forwarded $ would not be accessible to either me or anyone until the tournament is over. upon completion of the event, the winner/winners would then have the cash prize forwarded to them.

has anyone ever heard of something like this or does anyone have any suggestions for how i could make something like this work? i'd love your input.

thanks kindly,
leo

ps--i've posted this thread and question in several different places. my apologies to whichever mods find the thread inappropriate.

The big text is the scam. The bigger text is the lie.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 06:31 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

utilizing his keen sense of cynicism, detective halfling has found me out . . .

alas, the millions i stood to gain from this venture (because clearly it MUST be a scam, i mean whyever would anyone want to try and institute something new just for the "fun" of it roll eyes (sarcastic) ) are now destined to remain forever out of reach. my dog shall simply have to carry on without that operation . . .

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 07:55 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

...or you could have been trying to scam people for some quick cheap cash.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 07:56 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

utilizing his keen sense of cynicism, detective halfling has found me out . . .

alas, the millions i stood to gain from this venture (because clearly it MUST be a scam, i mean whyever would anyone want to try and institute something new just for the "fun" of it roll eyes (sarcastic) ) are now destined to remain forever out of reach. my dog shall simply have to carry on without that operation . . .

Why would something new to be fun need money? Just organize a Debating Contest for free if it's just for fun.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 07:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

because all the tournaments are always 'free', and just for bragging rights.

if i were actually trying to 'scam' anyone, why on earth would i ASK if anyone knew a way to run this thing in such a way that i WOULD NOT be able (nor would anyone else) to access the money until AFTER the event and a winner is declared? i'm not OFFERING a way to do it, i'm ASKING if anyone KNOWS a way. i understand the fear of getting screwed on the web. i thought by asking for help in setting this up, it might alleviate some fears, but perhaps not.

meh, like i said, no one seems to have any ideas anyway, so the idea will likely remain unrealized. i just really thought it would be cool to have a debating event where people could prove how good they were and have a chance to win some form of prize is all. i hear loads of talk about how good this debator is, and how good that debator is -- it would be cool to see the best debating for cash.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 07:37 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

because all the tournaments are always 'free', and just for bragging rights.

if i were actually trying to 'scam' anyone, why on earth would i ASK if anyone knew a way to run this thing in such a way that i WOULD NOT be able (nor would anyone else) to access the money until AFTER the event and a winner is declared? i'm not OFFERING a way to do it, i'm ASKING if anyone KNOWS a way. i understand the fear of getting screwed on the web. i thought by asking for help in setting this up, it might alleviate some fears, but perhaps not.

meh, like i said, no one seems to have any ideas anyway, so the idea will likely remain unrealized. i just really thought it would be cool to have a debating event where people could prove how good they were and have a chance to win some form of prize is all. i hear loads of talk about how good this debator is, and how good that debator is -- it would be cool to see the best debating for cash.

I'm not saying it's a scam...I believe in the good in people, I'm just saying that a free one might be just as much fun without the trouble of well..all that you are suggesting.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 07:39 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
I'm not saying it's a scam...

I am, but I'm a *****.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 07:56 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by FeceMan
I am, but I'm a *****.
Republican? Yeah, yeah..we all know, stop Urizening here...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 07:57 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

We should have more than 2 or 3 parties, yet people don't research things to see what they have been programmed to think........Like there are only 2 parties..........and feel that they are throwing their vote away if they vote for anyone outside the 2 parties..............scared scared non thinking people.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 09:15 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by debbiejo
We should have more than 2 or 3 parties, yet people don't research things to see what they have been programmed to think........Like there are only 2 parties..........and feel that they are throwing their vote away if they vote for anyone outside the 2 parties..............scared scared non thinking people.

there are more parties, the problem is that your system basically only allows for two real parties. It's a win or lose thing. I'm not saying that the German System is better, but it is better, you have an actual opposition and up to 5 parties.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 09:17 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

People here are afraid they will be throwing their vote out to vote something besides the 2 parties..................chickens and chickens and fearful.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 09:25 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by debbiejo
People here are afraid they will be throwing their vote out to vote something besides the 2 parties..................chickens and chickens and fearful.

But they are right...they would throw it out in your system.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 09:26 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Republican? Yeah, yeah..we all know, stop Urizening here...

So Republicans have common sense and aren't going to be scammed whereas Democrats are?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 09:45 PM
Bardock42

So Republicans have common sense and aren't going to be scammed whereas Democrats are?

That's what I was saying, isn't it? Are you claiming I'm a liar?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 09:46 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

But they are right...they would throw it out in your system.
YOU ARE VERY RIGHT!!

Sad thing actually.................how can we evolve if people cannot research and change the system.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 09:51 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's what I was saying, isn't it? Are you claiming I'm a liar?

Well, I'd suspect that political affiliation has little to do with falling for a scam. And the word 'Republican' in a thread is always a bad idea.

And stuff.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 11:17 PM
Bardock42

Well, I'd suspect that political affiliation has little to do with falling for a scam. And the word 'Republican' in a thread is always a bad idea.

And stuff.

I like it..it's a good word.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 11:29 PM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Where do i sign up for this debate; and who do battle first ?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 11:29 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

gotta love the enthusiasm! big grin

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 03:39 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like it..it's a good word.

It's hard to go wrong with it, really: it's got the prefix 're' (again), 'public' (the people), and 'an' (an article).

'An' goes with a noun--which is, unfortunately, missing--but it's basically saying "____ to/for the people again". We'll say 'power' or something that makes it sound good.

(Think that'd make a good essay topic, or would the professor see through the bullshit?)

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 04:57 AM