KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NBA discussion thread

NBA discussion thread
Started by: wuTa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (549): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wuTa

04-05 NBA Season

last night was opening night and the piston looked as good as ever...t-mac and yao were not impressive but yaos hurt..doesnt matter though...we would have beat them with a healthy yao anyway...did anyone see the game?...every detriot player had championship belts during the ring ceremony...it was awesome plus they gave a fan a championship ring..lucky bastard....L.A was impressive in the win over Denver but noone cares about that smile

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 11:45 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I followed what went on but didn't pay close attention. I was busy watching Bush be re-elected. big grin

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 06:04 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Detroit came out nice and impressive. I think what went wrong is they stopped doing what they do best....play defense. It seemed like they relied on their offense to outscore Houston later in the game...and that enabled Houston to catch up.

Larry Brown won't have any of that sh!t...he's too smart as a coach. They started playing Detroit basketball again and it was in the bag.

The Lakers, looked really impressive. I think they are better...as a team...than they were last year. I liked seeing the difference in maturity for Kobe. He was getting rid of the ball at the right time, to the right person, when the double team came. Last year he would dibble away from the double and not hit the open man.

Personally I feel it was more a poor performance by Denver than it was a good performance by LA, but there are a lot of games left, and a lot still needs to come together...

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 06:29 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

It was the first day of the season, you can't make any judgements from that.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 10:40 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Its sure good to have the NBA back, in New Zealand i only get a couple of games a week over here and NBA action. My team the Lakers looked good (only saw the Sportscenter hightlights). Kobe hopefully understands that he is going to have to dish the ball more because hes the only one on the Lakers whos gonna be double teamed. If the Denver game is anything to go by it not gonna be the one man team everyone was expecting. Detroit are just tough man, now Rasheed is healthy again they have a great post up scorer to go with Rip and Billups. What do you guys think of the Heat now they have Shaq? Does one man even if its Shaq improve the team that much. They got rid of 3 starters to get him but is there team that much better as a whole? I think Orlando might suprise a few people if Grant Hill stays healthy (thats a big if though).

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 10:44 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Utah is ripping the Lakers apart right now. I love it.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 05:39 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by koolruningz
What do you guys think of the Heat now they have Shaq? Does one man even if its Shaq improve the team that much. They got rid of 3 starters to get him but is there team that much better as a whole?

yes..without a doubt

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 03:22 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

*reality sets in on Laker fan*

Sooo...this is what I have to watch the rest of the season....sad

Utah had a block party on the Lakers. They had no offense and horrible defense the whole night. It was soooo sad.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 03:24 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
*reality sets in on Laker fan*

Sooo...this is what I have to watch the rest of the season....sad

Utah had a block party on the Lakers. They had no offense and horrible defense the whole night. It was soooo sad.

Im glad i didnt get that game over this side of the world. embarrasment

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 07:44 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

the Sixers won there first game! Yay!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 07:57 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

am i the only one that thought to themselves....."about f*cking time!!!" when they announced the season was starting this week?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 08:37 PM
Afro Cheese

Yeah Linkalicious I was the same way. I was looking forward to this whole week with the election and basketball season starting. It was a pretty eventful week.

I am a knicks fan and even though they lost I thought they did pretty well against Minnesota. I hope they do better than they did last year though. It seemed like everything was on the right track until they traded Van Horn to Milwaukee.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 09:17 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
am i the only one that thought to themselves....."about f*cking time!!!" when they announced the season was starting this week?

No way man, i've been waiting since the last season ended. Even if the Lakers do have a rough season i just enjoy watching great hoops action.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 09:21 PM
Afro Cheese

I have the feeling the Lakers are going to have some trouble this year. I think they made some bad moves trying to mold their team around Kobe's needs. But hey, you win some you lose some. And I really can't see them being all that bad... but the west is pretty competitive.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 09:27 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I was just reading about David Stern saying the games are gonna be longer and have more players fouling out because of tighter officiating. The NBA seems to have set there stall out in regards to how they are gonna call the games, do you guys think that to many soft fouls are called or do you think the game had become too physical?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 09:28 PM
Afro Cheese

To a certain extend it seems like they call a lot of soft fouls, but its not all that bad. Last night it seemed to me like Minnesota was getting some bogus free throws, but I'm sure a Minnesota fan watching the same game was thinking that about the Knicks.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 09:31 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I guess all you can hope for is consistancy. As long as the calls go the same both ways. Great players always seem to get more respect from the officials (its been that way forever), but sometimes i wish they'd let the post players fight for position a bit more instead of blowing up on every bump. No fan wants the referees to decide the game (or maybe thats just me).

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 09:43 PM
Afro Cheese

No it's not just you I totally agree. Sometimes it does tend to be severely one sided and it's a pain in the ass when it making your team not do well. When I went to go see the Knicks in Miami it seemed like they were calling fouls on NY any chance they got. They had 6 fouls in no time... it was really starting to get on my nerves. But generally I think the refs tend to be pretty fair.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 09:57 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Jeez man you guys in the US dont know how lucky you are being able to go and see live games. Id love to save some money and go and see a Lakers game, but its a bit hard when you live over the other side of the world and have 2 kids to take care of first. My son probably thinks having the latest Optimus Prime is far more important than me getting to the US to complete my pilgrimage. smile

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 10:13 PM
Afro Cheese

Yeah Cali from NZ is a long way for a basketball game. At least you get to see some of the games on TV though. I didn't even know they got NBA games over there. Do you guys have a professional league of your own over there?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 10:21 PM