KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NBA discussion thread

NBA discussion thread
Started by: wuTa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (549): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Kobe's allie oop was out of control when you put it in slow motion. He caugt the pass from Chuckie Atkins with one hand, reaching back behind his head. The ball was like 6 or 7 ft from the basket when he caught it with his right.

Wade actually had a pretty bad game last night. He couldn't hit a free throw for the life of him, and he's almost a bit too emotional on the court. After he missed one free throw, he sat there shaking his head. Then he just kept getting more angry with more misses.

Almost no one plays good when they are mad. You should never let your emotions get the better of you on the court.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 08:36 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Wades a pretty good free throw shooter to. Whats up with Shaq's free throws? He's been playing ball all this time with the best coaches and he still cant throw it in the ocean. I missed Kobes alley oop, do you think it could be on the 10 ten plays of the week?

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 08:53 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

most certainly...

Unless there is some really good plays this week. If anything, i would think football would ruin his chances for making the top 10.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 09:09 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

eek! eek! eek!
I just saw Kobe's jam on ESPN.com. Dayum i thought he had a sore foot.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 09:14 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

koolruningz.. yes the Sonice had more 3's than 2's in one game... i would know.. being as a iwatched them hit three after three against the Sixers

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 11:22 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Looks like Vince is going to Portland.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1926133

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 12:05 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

quote:
Originally posted by DanZeke25
koolruningz.. yes the Sonice had more 3's than 2's in one game... i would know.. being as a iwatched them hit three after three against the Sixers

Thats unheard of...until now i guess. Sorry you had to watch the 6ers go out like that. Do you think they'll make the playoffs?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 12:16 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Wow, never expected Vince would go to the Blazers.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 03:32 AM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious

and WuTa....you've got to be kidding me. You actually bought the album?

hell yea i bought it!!....i bought 6 of them and i'm going to give them away for christmas...actually i didnt but if i had the money i would just to see the expressions on people's faces when they see they now own ron artests cd...i justed wanted to see how everyone would react

and carter cant become a trailblazer...he doenst smoke pot...everyone knows if your gonna become a blazer you have to smoke pot and get a pulled over by the cops at least once

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 02:33 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by koolruningz
What sort of music does Artest make?

R&B...he owns his own label.....look out puff daddy here comes ron artest!!!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 02:36 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I hope the deal comes true. Carter could be fun and a move could just rejuvenate him. Come on, come to the Blazers.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 09:08 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captive
yourz truly

Did anyone just watch the Pacers vs Pistons game? laughing laughing laughing laughing

Join the Darkside!

"You can not love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself."

[[myspace.com/dlshs1]]

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 04:11 AM
Captive is currently offline Click here to Send Captive a Private Message Find more posts by Captive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

That was one of the funniest things I think I've ever seen in basketball.

Artest got what he deserved for laying on the table like a dumbass, but in turn....the fan got what he deserved for messing with someone who could easily pummel him.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 04:26 AM
Captive
yourz truly

Yeah... that fan shoulda known what his punk ass woulda been gettin

Join the Darkside!

"You can not love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself."

[[myspace.com/dlshs1]]

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 04:37 AM
Captive is currently offline Click here to Send Captive a Private Message Find more posts by Captive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

detroit baby detriot!!...actually that was crazy...that went from from crazy to funny to the ugliest thing i've seen in basketball....i was dying when artest was lying on the table and than put on some headsets to commentate....he went in the stands like a bat out of hell though and i think he went after the wrong guy....some dude landed alot of shots on artest but artest was being held down after like the 4th shot artest just got up and get the hell out of there but o'neal leveled some dude on the other end of the court which was kind of funny that dude must of been drunk as shit to think he could take o'neal....than the dude he landed the shots on artest went after him on the court......and the dude wasnt goin to win that battle...not one on one.....****in crazy!!!

Last edited by wuTa on Nov 20th, 2004 at 05:04 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 04:56 AM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

man what a piece of no good low life, bitc@ as$, dumb piece of shi% motherfuc#ker those Detroit Piston fans that threw things at the players are. Stay in your seet and don't throw a drink on a player because it makes you feel macho in your sorry as$ life. Ron Artest doesn't deserve the blame at all. He was laying on the scorers table and restraining himself from fighting. How can you say he was being a dumbas$ for doing that when he got ridiculed for being such an aggressive player, and now when he restrains himself, he still gets ridiculed, that's bullshi$. Stephan Jackson is now one of my favorite players in the league. The way he backed up his teammate and laid into that one fan, that's what a teammate is, sticking up for your guys no matter what. Sorry for the flamming, but those fans are just a disgrace to humanity and it just a shame there are such pieces of shi@ in the world.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 04:57 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

the b*tch of it was artest went after the wrong guy..and the guy that did throw the drink landed like 4 shots on artest....could you imagine being the dude artest went after

"oh shit that dude just nailed artest with his drink, artest is going to kill him...no wait....he passed him....oh sh!t"

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 05:09 AM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

even if it wasn't the guy, he deserved it just for being an idiot and cheering and jumping up and down like he was because Artest got hit with the cup.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 06:01 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

no he didnt

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 06:08 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by cal31
man what a piece of no good low life, bitc@ as$, dumb piece of shi% motherfuc#ker those Detroit Piston fans that threw things at the players are. Stay in your seet and don't throw a drink on a player because it makes you feel macho in your sorry as$ life. Ron Artest doesn't deserve the blame at all. He was laying on the scorers table and restraining himself from fighting.

Sorry for the flamming, but those fans are just a disgrace to humanity and it just a shame there are such pieces of shi@ in the world.

I guess you missed the part where Artest clotheslined Ben Wallace, with 52 seconds left, and the Pacers up by 14 points? Wallace retaliated, and that's what started it all. Artest got what he deserved, including the lawsuits both he and his buddy Jermaine O' Neal get. Artest is a loose cannon, and a liability.

As for the fans, what's what the double standard? Artest shows he has another screw loose and maliciously takes someone out, then tries to play innocent and that's ok? Then you encourage fellow players to nail fans in the face, but when the fans stand up for their team, they are to blame? I would have done the same thing. Players DO NOT interfere with fans no matter what.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Nov 20th, 2004 at 06:19 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 06:09 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote