KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Jehovah's Witnesses - Legitimate Religion or Extremist Cult?

Jehovah's Witnesses - Legitimate Religion or Extremist Cult?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Legitimate 3 23.08%
Cult 10 76.92%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jehovah's Witnesses - Legitimate Religion or Extremist Cult?
Started by: Mithlond

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Nope its sick/delluded. Period. Since its all silly made up fairy stories designed for control...Its like me saying the child must die cause I like the Star Wars and Vader lightsabred a bunch of kids.
Religion as child abuse.

Anyone with a low IQ enough to see life that way should be sterilised for the good of mankind, imo.

Yes governments and corporations are all a part of the control thing, but it doesnt offer mitigation of these irresponible pricks. smile

You hate religion, don't you? stick out tongue

No biggie.

And, after reading a bit about Jay Dubs, as I call them, they have similar beliefs to what we do.

God and Jesus are separate beings.

Very few people actually go to hell with the rest going to some sort of heaven. (But we believe EVERY person has the potential to obtain the "best" heaven.)

Science is good. (But, it would appear that limitations are put on some medical procedures by the Jay Dubs. Not sure why, even after reading the description.)

However, most of the other stuff, we don't believe.

We don't believe the bible to be perfect, nor the book of Mormon, etc. etc. That's because man wrote it, not God. It's just that man was "divinely inspired" as he wrote it.

All of the JWs that I've met have been....normal. Other than the "no parties" thing and the medical stuff, I don't see them as extremist Christians.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 09:17 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by dadudemon
Science is good. (But, it would appear that limitations are put on some medical procedures by the Jay Dubs. Not sure why, even after reading the description.)

Mosaic law says that you cannot consume any blood. They feel that transfusions count as violating this.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 09:20 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by King Kandy
Mosaic law says that you cannot consume any blood. They feel that transfusions count as violating this.

Yeah, I still don't get that since the blood isn't eaten, it is used. To me, that is an example of taking things out of intended context. The law was talking about sacrificers that drank blood during rituals. It was a polytheistic thing. It was given by God (or Moses, if you're atheist) to the Jews as part of things to differentiate them from other religious sects. It was also a "health" issue as drinking blood doesn't bode well with the human body.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 09:31 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Yeah, I still don't get that since the blood isn't eaten, it is used. To me, that is an example of taking things out of intended context. The law was talking about sacrificers that drank blood during rituals. It was a polytheistic thing. It was given by God (or Moses, if you're atheist) to the Jews as part of things to differentiate them from other religious sects. It was also a "health" issue as drinking blood doesn't bode well with the human body.

They feel the word "eating" is actually a mistranslation, and it should be closer in meaning to "consume" or "put in your body".

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 02:53 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by King Kandy
They feel the word "eating" is actually a mistranslation, and it should be closer in meaning to "consume" or "put in your body".

I consider this translational ignorance, especially when we know better...even IF you look as the text as more of a social and language document than a religious text.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 08:13 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

You hate religion, don't you? stick out tongue

No biggie.

And, after reading a bit about Jay Dubs, as I call them, they have similar beliefs to what we do.

God and Jesus are allegedly, supposedly by believers, separate beings.

No people actually go to hell.

However, most of the other stuff, we don't believe.

We don't believe the bible to be perfect, nor the book of Mormon, etc. etc. That's because man wrote it, not God. It's just that man was "divinely inspired" as he wrote it.

All of the JWs that I've met have been....normal. Other than the "no parties" thing and the medical stuff, I don't see them as extremist Christians.

Mostly I do. Yes.
I have nothin on Taoism or Buddism, really so far...

I hate it like ANYTHING man made that delludes people and is essentially a death cult that permits all sorts of bad behavior in life as long as you are down with your forgiving entity.

Espeically, when it tries to tell others how to think/live/feel 24/7.
Especially especially when family memebers lives are threatened by it. Yes.

But I have looked into religion THEN arrived that that conclusion, its not prejudicial position.

Religion can be overidden/seen through with basic logic, thought etc, Its hardcore practioners are the problem.

Corrected a few lines in the first bit of your post. smile
Thank you for the cander in the rest of it, regarding your POV asa mormon. You will notice that I left that alone.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Sep 21st, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 12:44 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

The big difference is the JW´s actually try to live by the bible, making them a legitimate religion imo. Ok like other off springs of the Christian belief system, certain things may have changed to fit the ideas of the starters of the religion. Like 1914 being the start of "the time of the end of the system of things" for example.

Unlike certain "churches" like the roman catholic one, which is a mixture of pagan & Christian ideas. Anyone with even a little bit of common sense can see the catholic church has very little to do with the Biblical scrolls. You only have to consider Christmas, which is a pagan festival to the sun god adapted to be the birthday of the son of god.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 06:41 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I consider this translational ignorance, especially when we know better...even IF you look as the text as more of a social and language document than a religious text.

Oh really? Do you know ancient hebrew? I doubt it.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 10:50 PM
Agusto Pinochet
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know this is an old thread but the truth is the Jeovah Witnesses are an evil death cult/satanic. They protect legit killers/murderers/pedophiles and their not Christians (I have to keep telling people this but its a fact) as they put their propoganda (the watchtower) above the word of Jesus Christ. Their basically devil worshippers and mad evil I show these people zero respect and they deserve to be ostracized from society along with Scientologists.

Theirs no difference between the Jeovah Witnesses and Nazis.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 04:48 AM
Agusto Pinochet is currently offline Click here to Send Agusto Pinochet a Private Message Find more posts by Agusto Pinochet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Ahh they are just trying to get the word out I suppose.........

I do think they are somewhat of a cult yet........

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 09:20 PM
Dude111 is currently offline Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cult. So is Mormonism and Roman Catholicism. Only actual fundamentalist, biblical Christianity is legitimate.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 11:09 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Persecuted religion no more crazy than most.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2021 01:18 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Cult. So is Mormonism and Roman Catholicism. Only actual fundamentalist, biblical Christianity is legitimate.
what about the oldest church the Orthodox? All branches are much older than your version of Christianity.

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Jun 11th, 2021 at 01:22 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2021 01:19 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
what about the oldest church the Orthodox? All branches are much older than your version of Christianity.

That's why his religion is better, it's newer smile

Though one has to wonder why something that is from God, needed to be reenvisioned so many times. You'd think an omniscient and omnipotent being would have had it correct the first time.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 08:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

Though one has to wonder why something that is from God, needed to be reenvisioned so many times. You'd think an omniscient and omnipotent being would have had it correct the first time.
Ahh, but man has been the problem since the Garden of Eden. That's why Gabriel visited Mo in the cave. shifty

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 09:00 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Claiming an angel visited you in some cave is no less whack than talking snakes and fruit bestowing all knowledge upon consumption.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 09:12 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 09:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Claiming an angle visited you in some cave is no less whack than talking snakes and fruit bestowing all knowledge upon consumption.
shifty You say!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 09:09 PM
Darth Thor

Enter the Quran wink

(For more info contact eninn)

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2021 11:45 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote