KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Link vs Mario, Luigi, Peach & Toad

Link vs Mario, Luigi, Peach & Toad
Started by: The-Judge

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, the 1-up mushrooms dont revive you when youre dead. mario must be alive to eat it.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 04:52 PM
The-Judge is currently offline Click here to Send The-Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The-Judge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetaHybrid

In Paper Mario 2 they automatically revive you.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 04:54 PM
MetaHybrid is currently offline Click here to Send MetaHybrid a Private Message Find more posts by MetaHybrid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MetaHybrid
I don't think you read my entire post look at this examples:

In Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga a 1up mushroom can be used to revive a fallen party member, and in Paper Mario 2 the thousand year door the 1up mushroom automaticaly revives a fallen party member when they are knocked out.

Both games are RPG genre. They are like the Phoenix downs of Final fantasy.

That's exactly what I mean, without Phoenix down in FF you could not revive your party members. It's like saying the ability "life" actually gives Yuna the ability to give back life to her partners, however, if someone dies in the FF games, do you ever see them reviving them with Phoenix downs...
Without it, it would be impossible...

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 05:00 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

MetaHybrid, thats a kind of game mechanic... it has done different things through the games and this is the only time where it does so

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 05:04 PM
The-Judge is currently offline Click here to Send The-Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The-Judge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetaHybrid

So something used so Extensively in a series (talking about the 1up mushroom) is not going to have any effect in this battle whatsoever? It really doesn't matter if something in the game is used to make sure the game isn't impossible, it's still in the game, so it is something mario can use.

Anways, it's a tie since both teams can destroy each other with their wishing items (TriForce, StarRod, BeanStar)

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 05:14 PM
MetaHybrid is currently offline Click here to Send MetaHybrid a Private Message Find more posts by MetaHybrid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

link shoots mario in the head with an arrow...?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 05:25 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by MetaHybrid
So something used so Extensively in a series (talking about the 1up mushroom) is not going to have any effect in this battle whatsoever? It really doesn't matter if something in the game is used to make sure the game isn't impossible, it's still in the game, so it is something mario can use.

Anways, it's a tie since both teams can destroy each other with their wishing items (TriForce, StarRod, BeanStar)

Is being used frequently an answere to that it's canon? No, of course not. It's the same to say that Link clicks continue after he dies, it is used in every single Zelda game, yet we know he can't do that. Then why is it in? Because it would be damn boring to have to restart the game and load everytime you died....

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 06:02 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

The pint-sized Robin Hood wannabe dies horribly.

Of course it depends on which items each person gets...but since the team has 3 characters who all have a long list of powerups, I say they have the greatest chance of victory.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 09:07 PM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Links gets stomped over, with out much resistance.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 10:59 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
The pint-sized Robin Hood wannabe dies horribly.

Of course it depends on which items each person gets...but since the team has 3 characters who all have a long list of powerups, I say they have the greatest chance of victory.

...why? Well if this is anyone but TP Link then yeah the four would more or less win but TP Link on the other hand.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 11:08 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Would die too.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 11:34 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Mario is the only one that is even worth anything on team two.

Link destroys them all. The Triforce beats anything the team has.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 05:45 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Four Light Arrows ftw.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 05:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Mario is the only one that is even worth anything on team two.

Link destroys them all. The Triforce beats anything the team has.

With the shit Mario accomplished, Link is nothing to Mario. Starmen FTW if Link uses the Triforce of Courage.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 03:50 PM
Dark Shenron
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ahaha! This thread is coming from a banned member.

Anyway, Link stands no chance against Mario, Luigi, or Peach from Super Paper Mario. But the Toad will die before the match even begins.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 04:41 PM
Dark Shenron is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Shenron a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Shenron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
With the shit Mario accomplished, Link is nothing to Mario. Starmen FTW if Link uses the Triforce of Courage.

Mario has less life than Link. Mario get's hit 2-3 times, he's dead. Link has WAY more life, and it takes way more hit's to kill him.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 12:12 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Link goes Fierce Diety and solos the Marioverse.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Jun 7th, 2008 at 12:25 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 12:21 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OMG-Toothpaste
Clone Commando 38

lol we have a lot of link fanboys here XD

Anyway, yes link is an awesome character, and one of my fav brawl and melee characters by far, next to Fox that is, but four to one odds do make it difficult seeing as how Mario is the primary trademark character for Nintendo and they wouldn't let some asshat elf child beat their biggest market product.

Also Luigi is a rather powerful character in the Mario games, he is just very cowardly.

Toad as everyone is saying totally useless, even though he was the strongest character in Super Mario World 3, but he's still an annoying whiny little shroom so yeah, he dies first.

And as for that Tri-force owns all thing, sorry but the list of divine powers that Metahybrid was kind enough to provide will wipe whatever power the Tri-force can provide link. Sorry, it's just common sense.

But long story short Mario and Link are equally powerful and Luigi is, in some ways, stronger than Mario, so the battle for link is lost unfortunately because this is a very one sided battle.

^_^ if you really wanna find out, set up brawl and watch an NPC match between the groups lol

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 08:30 PM
OMG-Toothpaste is currently offline Click here to Send OMG-Toothpaste a Private Message Find more posts by OMG-Toothpaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Brawl isn't canon.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 08:34 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OMG-Toothpaste
Clone Commando 38

ummm ok... not the point I'm trying to make anyway...

Point is, link rocks but he's outnumbered by three power house characters and a panzee mushroom.

On top of that they all have special powers while link has a bunch of equipment that is limited besides his sword and boomerang

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 08:49 PM
OMG-Toothpaste is currently offline Click here to Send OMG-Toothpaste a Private Message Find more posts by OMG-Toothpaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote