KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Link vs Mario, Luigi, Peach & Toad

Link vs Mario, Luigi, Peach & Toad
Started by: The-Judge

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

Peach in canon has yet to do...Well anything.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 08:55 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OMG-Toothpaste
ummm ok... not the point I'm trying to make anyway...

Point is, link rocks but he's outnumbered by three power house characters and a panzee mushroom.

On top of that they all have special powers while link has a bunch of equipment that is limited besides his sword and boomerang

Link has (among other things)

Almost a dozen swords to choose from

Arrows of different properties, magical and otherwise

Multiple sword techniques

Superhuman strength granted from the Power Bracelets/Golden Gauntlets/Goron Form

Superhuman speed granted from the Pegasus boots/hyper dash

over two dozen specal masks, one of which, like I said, soloes the Marioverse.

quote:
Anyway, yes link is an awesome character, and one of my fav brawl and melee characters by far, next to Fox that is, but four to one odds do make it difficult seeing as how Mario is the primary trademark character for Nintendo and they wouldn't let some asshat elf child beat their biggest market product.

And if you're gonna use a logic like that, then you don't even have a place in debating.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Jun 7th, 2008 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 09:13 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You forgot to mention how TP Link already has super strength.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 09:26 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OMG-Toothpaste
Clone Commando 38

ok I'd just like to know what Link we're using because to be honest, you can't connect the link's from all the games because there is no continuity in that game whatsoever, it's always a totally different Link in every game.

you haven't specified which areas these characters are being pulled from.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 10:45 PM
OMG-Toothpaste is currently offline Click here to Send OMG-Toothpaste a Private Message Find more posts by OMG-Toothpaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

ok I'd just like to know what Link we're using because to be honest, you can't connect the link's from all the games because there is no continuity in that game whatsoever, it's always a totally different Link in every game.

you haven't specified which areas these characters are being pulled from.

You think I don't know that? The fact that there's no specification is implies that the circumstances at hand is that the Link is, in a sense, a merge of the Links with every noteworthy weapon/item/power each one had received throughout the series. In other words, it's taking all things into account. And while there are characters that could overcome even that kind of Link, Mario certainly isn't one of them, no one in the Mario series is.

quote:
You forgot to mention how TP Link already has super strength

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 07:12 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

^And on the second quote, I meant to say that a better term is peak physical strength.

That stupid time-limit should be fixed...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 08:06 AM
OMG-Toothpaste
Clone Commando 38

wow you're starting to seem a little too serious in this debate, and you also sound like a major link fan.

the way I see it is Mario and Link are pretty evenly matched so you'd have to actually see them duke it out, but we can't really do that since Brawl and melee aren't "Canon" so I'm pulling out of this before it gets stupid

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 09:49 PM
OMG-Toothpaste is currently offline Click here to Send OMG-Toothpaste a Private Message Find more posts by OMG-Toothpaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

wow you're starting to seem a little too serious in this debate, and you also sound like a major link fan.

It's a debate. You're implied to (ultimately in some way) express what knowledge you have of a matter at hand in which you believe you have enough comprehension. I'm just something of a Nintendo guru in general, and I happen to have enough knowledge between these two series to know what I'm talking about.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 11:34 PM
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Peach in canon has yet to do...Well anything.

Far as I know Super Princess Peach is canon.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 12:23 AM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Far as I know Super Princess Peach is canon.
Forgot bout that game. What did she do in it?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 12:56 AM
MadMel
Heh

either link somehow cuts mario up (dunno how, considering the plumber is impervious to cannon blasts) or mario punches the ground and the shockwaves created break all of links bones...mario is far stronger than link, and he can jump higher, but im willing to bet link is faster and more agile.. erm

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 09:24 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by MadMel
either link somehow cuts mario up (dunno how, considering the plumber is impervious to cannon blasts) or mario punches the ground and the shockwaves created break all of links bones...mario is far stronger than link, and he can jump higher, but im willing to bet link is faster and more agile.. erm

He's not stronger than the Golden Gauntlets, described as being able to give a man "the strength to move mountains" (now, I KNOW I heard that somewhere official, and my best recollection is a strategy guide written in a story-based format by Miyamoto himself, but I feel that may have been for something else). At least I wouldn't bet on it.

Both can turn temporarily invincible though, let's not forget that, and they can both grow giant, can shoot fire balls and fire arrows (Mario and Link, respecitvely).

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Jun 20th, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 12:17 PM