KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Which generation do you belong to?

Which one are you?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Baby Boomers 1 1.96%
Baby boom busters 3 5.88%
Generation X 12 23.53%
Generation Y 26 50.98%
Generation D or Digital 9 17.65%
Total: 51 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which generation do you belong to?
Started by: RZA

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RZA
Shaolin Monk

Which generation do you belong to?

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I just decided to post it here. I guess it could also go in the OTF. Hopefully this is the forum where people of all ages mostly hang out. Like a common ground or something.

So, I wanted to create a poll to get an idea of just how many different generations there is here @ KMC.

Everyone has a different perception of what precisely defines a given generation, especially when it comes to placing a definitive time frame on it. Again, different experts have different opinions on this so I'm not really looking to get into a debate about this, obviously you can feel free to debate it amongst yourselves if you'd like.

What I'd like to do for the purpose of this pole is to provide you with some guidelines on how to identify which generation you belong to, in case you're not sure. Please do try to follow these parameters as closely as possible because I'd really like to get an accurate count. The generations are defined as follows...

Baby Boomers - Born in the '50s and grew up primarily in the '60s. Named after the baby boom that occurred after WWII. Defined btf that they are prob old farts now stick out tongue Just kidding.

Baby boom busters - Born in the '60s and grew up primarily in the '70s. Named after the fact that they were the first generation to compete with the baby boomers for jobs. Defined by the Disco era, bell bottoms and platform shoes.

Generation X - Born in the '70s and grew up primarily in the '80s. Named after the fact that many felt that it was a somewhat lost and disassociated generation that couldn't really be identified with anything. Defined by 80's music and culture. People of this generation grew up watching cartoons like He-man, Transformers and GI Joe. Also defined as the MTV generation. Here's a link that further defines growing up in the '80s. If most of this sounds familiar to you then you're definitely an '80s child...http://80scartoons.net/ymbaeci.html

Generation Y - Born in the '80s and primarily grew up in the '90s. Named after generation X also referred by some as generation Next. Defined btf that they grew up with the Internet and CD's. People of this generation grew up watching cartoons like Pokemon, Power Rangers and Animaniacs. Defined by some as the last generation of the 20th century

Generation D or Digital - Born in the '90s and primarily growing up now. Also referred to as the Millennials. Defined by the dawn of the 21st century. This generation has no idea what VHS or audio tapes are. People of this generation are growing up watching mostly some type of Japanese anime.

There is definitely some gray area in between the years, so just make sure you pick the one that feels most right to you. For example, someone who was born exactly on 1980 could still be considered a Gen Xer because they spent 10yrs of their life growing up in the '80s. But then again they might feel a greater connection to their time spent in the '90s. Many believe that the 1st 10yrs of your life define who you are and the person you will be later on in life but I will leave this up to your own interpretation.

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 05:19 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

(please log in to view the image)

I'm actually Y.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 05:41 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

quote:
Generation Y - Born in the '80s and primarily grew up in the '90s. Named after generation X also referred by some as generation Next. Defined btf that they grew up with the Internet and CD's. People of this generation grew up watching cartoons like Pokemon, Power Rangers and Animaniacs. Defined by some as the last generation of the 20th century

I never really watched any of those shows...

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 05:45 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Re: Which generation do you belong to?

Generation X cool

I was born in '67 but I'm closer to GX.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 05:45 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Erebus
The End

Born in 63, last of the baby boomers, or by the definition of this thread I guess I'm a baby boom buster, something I've never heard of..

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 09:02 AM
Darth_Erebus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Erebus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Erebus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Generation Y. Hmm last generation of the 20th Century. I can live with that.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 09:05 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo.s2

I was born in 85,middle of Generation Y.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 10:39 AM
Solo.s2 is currently offline Click here to Send Solo.s2 a Private Message Find more posts by Solo.s2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

wahay....i'm a gen x'er...technically anyway...born in 79...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 10:39 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, you have no idea. Sometimes a language is not enough or text. Nothing seems to be complete today.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 11:33 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Gen Y.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 11:47 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RZA

Generation X - Born in the '70s and grew up primarily in the '80s. Named after the fact that many felt that it was a somewhat lost and disassociated generation that couldn't really be identified with anything. Defined by 80's music and culture.

What, nothing at all?

Originally posted by RZA

People of this generation grew up watching cartoons like He-man, Transformers and GI Joe. Also defined as the MTV generation. Here's a link that further defines growing up in the '80s. If most of this sounds familiar to you then you're definitely an '80s child...http://80scartoons.net/ymbaeci.html

Now that's weird.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 11:57 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Born in 63, last of the baby boomers, or by the definition of this thread I guess I'm a baby boom buster, something I've never heard of..

http://www.babybusters.org/

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 08:07 PM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

generation Y...grew up during the 80s and 90s was a total grunge person in high school

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 08:26 PM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Generation X all the way.
I was born in '75...

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 08:27 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RZA
Generation X - Born in the '70s and grew up primarily in the '80s. Named after the fact that many felt that it was a somewhat lost and disassociated generation that couldn't really be identified with anything. Defined by 80's music and culture. People of this generation grew up watching cartoons like He-man, Transformers and GI Joe. Also defined as the MTV generation. Here's a link that further defines growing up in the '80s. If most of this sounds familiar to you then you're definitely an '80s child...http://80scartoons.net/ymbaeci.html

Born in Sept of 1979.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 09:13 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Someone older than me

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 09:37 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Re: Re: Which generation do you belong to?

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Born in Sept of 1979.

Which day?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 09:40 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Which generation do you belong to?

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Which day?

25th

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 09:40 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

About a week younger than I am.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 09:41 PM
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

80s baby 88 to be exact

I LOVE ME SOME ME Professor X respect thread

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 09:41 PM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote