KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Signature Duel Forum » DragonWoman Vs. Mortalitas

DragonWoman Vs. Mortalitas
Started by: A.D. Skinner

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

DragonWoman Vs. Mortalitas

Mortalitas vs. DragonWoman

Judge: A.D. Skinner

Render: Blade

Criteria: Less than 80 kb - 500 x 250 pxls max size. Use of Transparency and border.

Deadline: 1 Week or 9:30 am ( CDT ) 09/12/2006

Good Luck

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 02:37 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

I really hate havin' dialup...takes me forever to load the renders. 'Spose I should get to it then...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:11 AM
Majestik is currently offline Click here to Send Majestik a Private Message Find more posts by Majestik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

Heres my entry...

Attachment: bladesig.jpg
This has been downloaded 191 time(s).

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:38 AM
Majestik is currently offline Click here to Send Majestik a Private Message Find more posts by Majestik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

What do you mean by the use of Transparency? That's foreign to me *blinks*

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 01:49 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

You know how an image fades into the background or another image? That's the use of transparency...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 04:33 AM
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

My sig is using a transparency

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 04:36 AM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DragonWoman
You know how an image fades into the background or another image? That's the use of transparency...

sorry, but this is not transparency, but blending. Transparency is what you see on Skinner' sig. Its what makes the sig not be a plain simple rectangle. Or what you see in mine, the top left and bottom right borders are cut, making the sig transparent in those areas smile

*btw, i cant see any transparency on your entry confused

Last edited by Flavio on Sep 8th, 2006 at 01:23 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 01:21 PM
Flavio is currently offline Click here to Send Flavio a Private Message Find more posts by Flavio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

Dose that mean she lost?

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 01:32 PM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

I think it does technically..... confused

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 02:06 PM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

yes, pretty much...but...since both duelers did not know the concept of transparency, maybe if the other dueler agreed, Dragonwoman might send another entry now that they both must be aware of the concept...

I dont know, just a suggestion

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 02:37 PM
Flavio is currently offline Click here to Send Flavio a Private Message Find more posts by Flavio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

I would say the judge would have to agree as well.... but seeing as they didn't understand the criteria I'm sure he will allow another chance.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 02:46 PM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

yeah, i hope all of them agree...

i just hope they know how to make transparency, which is unlikely since they didnt know what it was. Anyways, DragonWoman and Mortalitas, if you two need, Goodtutorials has some great stuff regarding transparency yes

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 02:55 PM
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

I'll resubmit if I'm allowed...I just got all mixed up :P

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 05:26 PM
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

Here's my new one...still getting used to borders stick out tongue

Attachment: bladesigrev.jpg
This has been downloaded 139 time(s).

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 06:02 PM
Flavio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DragonWoman
Here's my new one...still getting used to borders stick out tongue

it's still not transparent...you cant make transparent sigs using jpg coughcoughcoughTUTORIALcough

oh, and...if i were you, i'd wait until the judge proclaims his decision to post a new entry.
so far he hasnt allowed you to make a new one...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 06:14 PM
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Wow, I leave for a little bit and come back to absolute mayhem.

Okay, the use of a transparency was one of the key items I wanted to see in this duel. If you are unsure how to create one, I suggest you find a tutorial like Flavio has suggested.

DragonWoman: I can understand that you did not know what a transparency was, but rather than submitting a entry, you should have asked just like Mortalitas has done.

It is no longer in my hands I am afraid, I am going to leave this decision up to Mortalitas as to whether or not he will allow you to submit a 3rd entry and in the guidelines of this duel.
If he chooses to not allow you to do so, I am afraid that you will have to forfeit this duel.

Mortalitas...what do you think, will you allow DragonWoman to resubmit a new entry?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 07:41 PM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Of course she can! big grin

I see no harm in letting her have a 3rd try. I don't mind at all

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 07:48 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Well there ya go! Maybe 3rd time will be the charm! big grin

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 09:16 PM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

GOOD LUCK DRAGONWOMAN!!!

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 09:55 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Good luck both of you!!

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 10:19 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote