KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Cloud vs Link

Cloud vs Link
Started by: KronikSausage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mesirus
Hmm, my opinion on the matter is that,
Cloud + all powers = cloud 99%
Cloud + no summons = cloud 90%
Cloud + no omnislash, no summons = cloud 88%

Links a little fairy man, he's not match for someone of Clouds caliber. Cloud could almost squash Link with that sword of his. In the end this is going to come down to a simple question of, skill, speed and strength, of which Cloud wins them all. Plus he has more advanced magic so Link doesn't succeed there either. Although my knowledge of Link is Limited to OoT and a few youtube clips. The thing is, in all honesty, i can see Link holding on with that master dagger of his compared to Cloud's "sword". The problem with this match up is now, was, and always will be more or less a one sided fight. Link has no real way of taking Cloud out.

And yes, I'm growing weary of this constant repeat, Cloud keeps winning for a reason.

You forgot my favourite Climhazzard, or are you going to suggest mirror shield can block that too?

One sided my ass. Actually yeah my ass is one sided thank the lord. Now on topic the reason Cloud keeps winning is because of the legion of fanboys FF7 has. Just take a look at how over rated Sephiroth is. Some believe he could take down God himself, but that's for another topic. I have plenty of knowledge on both characters, and I find it really really hard to believe Cloud wins this in a curbstomp. The mirror shield is unbreakable, of course it's going to block Climhazzard.

Cloud surpassing Link in skill is debatable. Link is a natural. He is been fighting evil since he was a kid, and then proceeds to thoroughly kick evil's ass all across hyrule when he is older. Cloud didn't even make it to SOLDIER, so much for skill all right.

Speed again is debatable. Cloud can haste himself if he wants, Link can have the pegasus boots.

Strength? Cloud is no where near as strong as Link. Granted he can carry the Buster Sword, First Sword, etc. around. Link on the other hand can lift enormous stone pillars and he himself can carry a huge double handed sword crafted by giants.

One sided? Fanboy logic.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Nov 28th, 2006 at 05:24 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 05:20 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

i was gonig to buy a gamecube because of that, but i decieded not to, i should borrow a friends or soemthing
Climhazzard is pyshical, so no, it can't be deflected, and its very powerful, so its unlikely it can be blocked. To lift anything of the sort in OoT you needed that bracelet, and you can't use it in combat, unless it works differently in the other games, that a pointless claim. I really don't see Link being stronger than Cloud, purely because i have never seen him jump like 200m. Well if you going to bring in ressurection crap, combine final attack with life2 = Cloud cannot die, everything time he dies the last spell revives him, Link would be ****ed at anyrate there. Don't even know what or who Ahahnim is... no expression. Indestructive okay, but its not going to break the first sword, ever. I was actully pointing out that links little blade would be knocked out of his hand when it met Clouds. As proof of that clam hold alittle stick, then get someone to hit it with a log, you can't hold on, least not without it snapping. Faster, hes not in OoT other than that i can't disprove it, but i have never seen evidence suggesting he is faster than Cloud, if you find any show me.

Thats all for now, All i'm saying it that this would more than likely be down to a sword fight, Cloud does have more exprence in that area. (Because he's not a dragon or giant or whatnot)

The Climhazzard will be blocked. There's nothing Link can't shield himself from with it. So Link can't lift stones and throw them at Cloud in combat, since when? Besides Link has at least twice the durability and stamina of a regular hyrulian, so it will take quite a while for Cloud to wear Link out. Cloud doesn't have more experience sword fighting than Link. That's prepoterous. Heck the guy just copied & pasted Zack's moves and called it a day. There's actually a limit to how many times final attack works, so Cloud won't be immortal for eternity. Heck if all else fails for Link he can just whip out the Ocarina and freeze time. Then he will spend his time giving Cloud a new hairdo simply because he is that nice.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Nov 28th, 2006 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 05:30 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

not debatable, cloud IS faster, and he has more skill in sword fights, peroid

Auron: Heh, no wonder no one wants to die.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 05:35 PM
Mesirus is currently offline Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Why? Because you say so?

I am convinced.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 05:44 PM
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

no, because most of Links battles his enemies don't use weapons, Cloud on the other hand is a skilled soilder when it comes to hand to hand.

Seen AC? okay prove to me Link is as fast. Cloud nears the speed to dodge bullets, Link can make no such claim, or atleast to my knowledge

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 05:48 PM
Mesirus is currently offline Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

no, because most of Links battles his enemies don't use weapons, Cloud on the other hand is a skilled soilder when it comes to hand to hand.

Seen AC? okay prove to me Link is as fast. Cloud nears the speed to dodge bullets, Link can make no such claim, or atleast to my knowledge

laughing

Whoa and I thought the Comic Book Forum fanboys were bad...Jeez.

Now let's look at this realistically. First of all we have to take into account which Cloud this is , FF7 , AC or KH.

FF7 - His limits are pretty good , but as SBP noted , Links defence is unbreakable. Speed and most other stats depend on his levels but his toughness is pretty good (he CAN take multiple strikes from Masasume). Various magic spells are interchangeable but overall it'd end up in a battle of CQC.

KH - Meh , he's fast and can fly , create various energy 'slashes' . That's really it. He's nowhere near as versatile as his counterparts and takes a beating.

AC - The weakest of the lot , his Sword skills is pretty good , but not masterful. Sephiroth was knocking him around like a rag-doll until the 'ol PIS machine kicked in. Strength is above human , maybe two tons ? Oh and he can jump reeeeeeeeeeeeeealy high , aside from that he's your average warrior.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 07:26 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cha! Right

Link is still puny no matter what people say his shield can be easily be broken its not that powerful and his sword isn't even big enough agains cloud to do damage who are you guy's kidding around Link is just a village person while Cloud is an enforcer or used to be while Link looks more like a robin hood for Link to take on Cloud.

and plus Cloud has been training in the enforcer academy while Link had to train by himself or who ever trained Link so yeah Cloud wins.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 10:04 AM
Cha! Right is currently offline Click here to Send Cha! Right a Private Message Find more posts by Cha! Right Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Cha! Right
Link is still puny no matter what people say his shield can be easily be broken its not that powerful and his sword isn't even big enough agains cloud to do damage who are you guy's kidding around Link is just a village person while Cloud is an enforcer or used to be while Link looks more like a robin hood for Link to take on Cloud.

and plus Cloud has been training in the enforcer academy while Link had to train by himself or who ever trained Link so yeah Cloud wins.

That is perhaps the WORST 'for cloud' I have ever heard.

Learn to debate fanboy.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 12:32 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

As much as i love Link (hence the Sig) he can't beat Cloud, its that simple erm

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 12:59 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Did you even READ my post ?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 02:39 PM
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

Originally posted by grey fox
Did you even READ my post ?
yeah, that one where you pretended to understand Clouds capabilities then chatted aload of bull, yes i read that.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 02:42 PM
MetaHybrid

This would actually mean something if say, You actually played more then one Zelda game. WoW.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 03:13 PM
MetaHybrid is currently offline Click here to Send MetaHybrid a Private Message Find more posts by MetaHybrid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Funny but I don't see any convincing arguments. Not at all. Right now all you're doing is state Cloud wins simply because you say so. That's not a good way to prove a point across.

I won't even bother with what the other guy tried said in Cloud's defense. That garbage is better left alone.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Nov 30th, 2006 at 05:13 AM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 05:08 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Are you kidding? Link fights his fair share of different weapon wielding enemies, not just yaoi rejects with huge swords. You really need to start playing the other Zelda games--no really, they're great games and I'm 95% convinced you will love them.

*Sigh* AC yet again. Give Link a CGI movie of his own and we'll see what happens. As it stands yes Link can't match that speed, but please tell me how Cloud will respond to getting frozen in time.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 05:12 AM
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Originally posted by Cha! Right

Newb

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 08:46 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Are you kidding? Link fights his fair share of different weapon wielding enemies, not just yaoi rejects with huge swords. You really need to start playing the other Zelda games--no really, they're great games and I'm 95% convinced you will love them.

*Sigh* AC yet again. Give Link a CGI movie of his own and we'll see what happens. As it stands yes Link can't match that speed, but please tell me how Cloud will respond to getting frozen in time.

What console are they? i really have been thinking doing some catch up with Link, which games are the must?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 09:58 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

What console are they? i really have been thinking doing some catch up with Link, which games are the must?

Link to the past, Zelda DX links awakening,Oraclews of seasons, orcales of ages.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 10:06 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Well my favourite Zelda games are (that I could consider others to take up)....

Ocarina of Time.
Majoras Mask.
Wind Waker.
Link's awakening.
A Link to the past!

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 03:41 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Veldar
For great justice

Points in favor for Link.

Cloud's Omnislash = 5 hearts.
Knights of the Round = 4.5 hearts
Link wears green = more stylish
Mirror Shield = Great magical defense / Mediocre Physical defense

Points in favor for Cloud
Navi = "Hey! Listen!" = Both Cloud and Link gets pissed off
Bomb = 40HP (at best)
Zelda = Some annoy biznitch that takes over Link's priorities.
Leveling up system = So Cloud feels like he frickin' accomplished something.
Only one game = He's focused and not all like "Damn it, I've got to save the Planet again?"

Points for Hanson = They defeated both Sephiroth and Gannondorf with only one line of singing.

Shao Khan: "Hanson wins. Flawless Victory. Fatality." (I've really got to find or make that as my signiture.)

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 09:25 PM
Veldar is currently offline Click here to Send Veldar a Private Message Find more posts by Veldar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Hmm, my opinion on the matter is that,
Cloud + all powers = cloud 99%
Cloud + no summons = cloud 90%
Cloud + no omnislash, no summons = cloud 88%

Links a little fairy man, he's not match for someone of Clouds caliber. Cloud could almost squash Link with that sword of his. In the end this is going to come down to a simple question of, skill, speed and strength, of which Cloud wins them all. Plus he has more advanced magic so Link doesn't succeed there either. Although my knowledge of Link is Limited to OoT and a few youtube clips. The thing is, in all honesty, i can see Link holding on with that master dagger of his compared to Cloud's "sword". The problem with this match up is now, was, and always will be more or less a one sided fight. Link has no real way of taking Cloud out.

And yes, I'm growing weary of this constant repeat, Cloud keeps winning for a reason.

Of course I'm presuming Cloud has the First sword as opposed to the buster sword.

You forgot my favourite Climhazzard, or are you going to suggest mirror shield can block that too?

This is gotta be the worst post I ever seen posted on game versus by far, I mean damn. This is pure, unadulterated bias.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 10:13 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote