KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Cloud vs Link

Cloud vs Link
Started by: KronikSausage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
This is gotta be the worst post I ever seen posted on game versus by far, I mean damn. This is pure, unadulterated bias.

what? i thought it was funny.

Well when its all said and done either way a good hero wins here

Auron: Heh, no wonder no one wants to die.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 10:25 PM
Mesirus is currently offline Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

No, one of them is a good hero. The other is an emo blond amnesiac who is so outgunned in this fight, that there's no serious way to defend him. Don't make me bring out the triforce. angel Not that link needs it, but ultimately, what does Cloud have that can match that? I realize it's a deus ex machina, but I think it pretty much guarantees Link's victory.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 11:24 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
No, one of them is a good hero. The other is an emo blond amnesiac who is so outgunned in this fight, that there's no serious way to defend him. Don't make me bring out the triforce. angel Not that link needs it, but ultimately, what does Cloud have that can match that? I realize it's a deus ex machina, but I think it pretty much guarantees Link's victory.

Cloud has fanboys,and the emo hero's is starting to tick me off.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 11:30 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

Originally posted by TricksterPriest

....i am so sick of haters, fanboyism is bad, true, but haters e.i. you, is worse. The triforce is overrated anyway.
Okay, now there shall be a challenge for your very limited brain, prove to me the following things:

- Cloud slices through building chunks with ease, the gauntlets that allow Link superior strength cannot be used in battle, what evidence is there that Link can rival such power?

- Cloud can divide his sword for fast and accurate strikes, Link would have no way of pushing back the blades, prove how he would do this.

- Cloud has omnislash, an attack where he strikes 13 times very quickly with his enormous sword, how could Link survive?

- Cloud has vastly superior magic, how can Link bypass this?

- Cloud Can combine Final attack with Life2 for practical immortality, Link would be outlasted, defy this.

- Cloud has proved he has great skill in a sword fight, What evidence is there Link would be a worthy foe?

- Cloud has devastating summons, yours having a laugh if you think Link can take down Knights of the Round, or ZERO bahamut. How is it that Link is going to overcome such things?

- Cloud can leap over buildings, this would allow him to hit and run all over Link, tell me how is it that Link would triumph over this?

- Cloud has the longer sword, how can Link get in range of striking before he gets sliced and diced?

Answer every single point, assuming you can

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Cloud has fanboys,and the emo hero's is starting to tick me off.

Your always ticked off

Last edited by Mesirus on Dec 1st, 2006 at 12:45 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 12:38 AM
Mesirus is currently offline Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Mesirus, you seem to forget that the beginning post negated Omnislash and Summons.

Cloud may have more magic, but Link has Nayru's Love. Impenetrable shield.

Who cares if Cloud has a longer sword, Link has tons of projectile weapons at his disposal. How is Cloud going to get close enough to use a sword when he has to dodge a rain of arrows and bombs? Link's arsenal is simply too versatile for a guy with a sword to beat.

Also, consider this: Link goes through his entire game killing every enemy single-handedly. Cloud has to be on a team. It would be impossible for Cloud alone to get through his entire game alive. So who is the better fighter here?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 01:03 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Mesirus

Your always ticked off

Right, because you know me so well roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 01:16 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetaHybrid

Cloud slices through building chunks with ease, the gauntlets that allow Link superior strength cannot be used in battle, what evidence is there that Link can rival such power?

Link not being able to use them in battle, is a game play mechanic. In fact you can use them in battle to a certain degree. Such as picking up giant stone statues and hurling them at the enemy.

Cloud can divide his sword for fast and accurate strikes, Link would have no way of pushing back the blades, prove how he would do this

The magic cape, which makes Link's body intangible (impossible to hit). Link can also spilt into 4 different people by using the Foursword. Now could Cloud hold is own against four skilled sword fighters with all their abilites?

Cloud has omnislash, an attack where he strikes 13 times very quickly with his enormous sword, how could Link survive

Magic cape again, or Protection ring, your choice. (won't list it's effects unless you ask)

Cloud has vastly superior magic, how can Link bypass this?
Your opinion. This goes unasnwered.

Cloud Can combine Final attack with Life2 for practical immortality, Link would be outlasted, defy this.

Doesn't last forever. Link also has 120+ lives because of Force Faries

Cloud has proved he has great skill in a sword fight, What evidence is there Link would be a worthy foe?

His many incarnations have saved many lands many times. And has once been given the title as a "Master Swordsman"

Cloud has devastating summons, yours having a laugh if you think Link can take down Knights of the Round, or ZERO bahamut. How is it that Link is going to overcome such things?

Magic cape, can't be hit.

Cloud can leap over buildings, this would allow him to hit and run all over Link, tell me how is it that Link would triumph over this?

Jump spell. Wait, Jump spell + Roc's feather. Or maybe Jump spell + Roc's Feather Level 2.

Link can now jump many times his own height, and can do it again in the air. Maybe not well enough as Cloud with with his crazy low gravity would, but enough to not be overwhelmed by a hit and run tactic.

Cloud has the longer sword, how can Link get in range of striking before he gets sliced and diced?

Meh, it's not that big, Link can get in, he does have a sheild, and does have good swordsmanship. He has faced people with giant ass swords before. Odolwa anyone?

Last edited by MetaHybrid on Dec 1st, 2006 at 01:33 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 01:24 AM
MetaHybrid is currently offline Click here to Send MetaHybrid a Private Message Find more posts by MetaHybrid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Oh Odolwa, that crazy ass jungle giant, good example.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 06:47 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

Originally posted by MetaHybrid
Cloud slices through building chunks with ease, the gauntlets that allow Link superior strength cannot be used in battle, what evidence is there that Link can rival such power?

Link not being able to use them in battle, is a game play mechanic. In fact you can use them in battle to a certain degree. Such as picking up giant stone statues and hurling them at the enemy.

Cloud can divide his sword for fast and accurate strikes, Link would have no way of pushing back the blades, prove how he would do this

The magic cape, which makes Link's body intangible (impossible to hit). Link can also spilt into 4 different people by using the Foursword. Now could Cloud hold is own against four skilled sword fighters with all their abilites?

Cloud has omnislash, an attack where he strikes 13 times very quickly with his enormous sword, how could Link survive

Magic cape again, or Protection ring, your choice. (won't list it's effects unless you ask)

Cloud has vastly superior magic, how can Link bypass this?
Your opinion. This goes unasnwered.

Cloud Can combine Final attack with Life2 for practical immortality, Link would be outlasted, defy this.

Doesn't last forever. Link also has 120+ lives because of Force Faries

Cloud has proved he has great skill in a sword fight, What evidence is there Link would be a worthy foe?

His many incarnations have saved many lands many times. And has once been given the title as a "Master Swordsman"

Cloud has devastating summons, yours having a laugh if you think Link can take down Knights of the Round, or ZERO bahamut. How is it that Link is going to overcome such things?

Magic cape, can't be hit.

Cloud can leap over buildings, this would allow him to hit and run all over Link, tell me how is it that Link would triumph over this?

Jump spell. Wait, Jump spell + Roc's feather. Or maybe Jump spell + Roc's Feather Level 2.

Link can now jump many times his own height, and can do it again in the air. Maybe not well enough as Cloud with with his crazy low gravity would, but enough to not be overwhelmed by a hit and run tactic.

Cloud has the longer sword, how can Link get in range of striking before he gets sliced and diced?

Meh, it's not that big, Link can get in, he does have a sheild, and does have good swordsmanship. He has faced people with giant ass swords before. Odolwa anyone?

Bloodly hell, lots that i'm missing. I'd better get down to playing them Zelda games

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 06:49 PM
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Originally posted by General Kaliero

Also, consider this: Link goes through his entire game killing every enemy single-handedly. Cloud has to be on a team. It would be impossible for Cloud alone to get through his entire game alive. So who is the better fighter here?

I pasted FF7 with just cloud alone, it's rather easy the only hard part is the few hours when cloud is insane and you have to play with the other party members.

Way to outmatched to even discuses.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 07:09 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yeah man you should play the Zelda games. The games are classics. You should find Majora's Mask just so you can follow up on Ocarina of Time. Then get a Link to the Past emulator(there are plenty of them in the internet) and Wind Waker. I have to play the new Zelda. Unfortunately I sold my GC after I finished Wind Waker and I have bought too many 360 games to afford a Wii...for now. sad Oh well.

Cloud + Ganon vs Link + Sephiroth....makes me wonder.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:39 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

Cloud + Ganon vs Link + Sephiroth....makes me wonder. [/B][/QUOTE]

Link and Sephiroth easily, Sephiroth plays with Cloud. Link kills ganon, Link and Sephiroth double team on Cloud butchering him

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:58 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yeah..thought about it afterwards. Just didn't want to make it a Zelda vs FF7 match again...but it turned out worst.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 11:01 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

yeah, need to cool the jets of FF7, its getting annoying, and i'm a fan no expression

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 11:07 PM