KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » We love Will!!!

We love Will!!!
Started by: katelovespirate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

alright, i like his hair

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 05:02 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

yes! i love will! he's awsome...i loved him in the fight scene at the end of the movie

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 05:09 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
surfchikpir8fan

i luv will he is such a nice character hes sweet, can sword fight hes got some good funny lines (wat about jack, i cant leave without him ... time 2 go / a pair a sea turtles mate, strapped 2 my feet / then load the rum / barbossa, you lying bastard / this is either brilliance - or madnes / ect.) n his story has alot of meaning n did i meanion hes hot!!!! lol

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 07:28 AM
surfchikpir8fan is currently offline Click here to Send surfchikpir8fan a Private Message Find more posts by surfchikpir8fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

wills your all around good guy...the audience r supposed to love himsmile

dont get me wrong, i have bashed him in the past (but i cant say why because that would be negative lol) but yeah, Will is soundsmile (not 'sound' as in music...'sound' as in good lol)

i cant decide if the writers want us to side with jack or will lol.
Will is the good guy that will probably turn to the bad guy...but he'll be a good guy because of it lolsmile

He does look good when hes wet...

erm....yeah, thats alot of positivesmile

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 10:10 AM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

nice work everyone. I'm so proud of you. big grin

i think Orlando beefed up a bit since 1, so he looks better in 2.

I really like his line "by YOUR leave, mr Norrington" during the 3 swordfight in movie 2... its so immature but adorable. lol.

and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it when he and norrington roll out on the wheel into the surf, and it falls, and then they get out and they are completely dizzy and cant walk--- that part is HYSTERICAL.

yay Will! As long as we dont compare him to jack, he is one okay guy. smile

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 11:57 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

This thread is funny...but if you aren't careful...the insiders will be thinking you guys are soft on Will...and want him with Elizabeth...Will's okay...all the points you guys make about Will are good ones...I really can't think of anything else to add....I do like the part on cannibal island when says, "I'm not leaving without Jack" and then he says (when he sees the cannibals chasing Jack), "Time to go".....yeah, when he pulls the sword on Jack - Will is not intimitated by Jack. Jack is not intimitated by Will...Poor Will, though, Jack really just treats him like a "Stupid Bloody" after thought.....I guess when you think about it WIll does have some heroic moments...he is the one that spends time alone in a dangerous situation and risks his life to save others - so, in that instance he would be considered the Hero of this story...Jack is pretty much everything else...mentor, trickster, shadow, shapeshifter, etc...I agree its hard to figure out who the writers wants the audience to like more....but I know who I like more...I guess the writers just didn't realize what an impact Johnny was going to have on this movie and how his portrayal of Jack was going to be embraced by the public....or maybe they did and that's the beauty of this trilogy...Jack is the sinking soul who is saved by love....and caring for others....oops this is Will's thread's , not Jack's...sorry Ladies...guess I'll leave...on to the JohnnyDepp/JackSparrow lovefest...I'm happier there....

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 01:36 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

That's a good point, lovethemtigers. Will is not intimidated by Jack, at least not yet. He's not intimidated by anyone, not even Davy Jones, and I do have to say I admire that. He stands up for himself and doesn't let people push him around even if they are these exciting pirate types and he's a blacksmith.
I think Jack needs him for the movie to work, too. They're so different from each other that too much Jack would have been like an ice cream headache. Will gives us some balance, some full out bravery, and something we're all used to. It's kind of like taking a breather so you can enjoy the ice cream more without being overstimulated.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 02:37 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

nice words. i am also having a super hard time not turning this into an i-love-jack/jack-is-better-than-will thread.

For the record, Jack is #1 in my book, he is the best, the hottest, and should get the girl.

but its true, Will does a nice job of balancing jack out and even showing him off more- because you cant help but compare them (which is basically what the writers want you to do in 2, by pitting them for liz) and so you are bound to see all the good things about each the other doesnt have. Wait, Jack pretty much has everything, lol.

I like Will a TON in 1 when he calls Barbossa a lying bastard. thats pretty hot.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 04:00 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Jack still doesn't have the ability or confidence to wear his heart on his sleeve as much as Will does. We always know where Will stands with people. His integrity is too great to fake loyalties (too much) or be swayed. Jack leaves people guessing. That usually can come in handy, but it also creates problems. Think of all the hassle we wouldn't have to go through if Jack would just tell Liz, "you know, I don't think Will's the guy for you. Marry me and travel the world with me."
Playing both sides, or creating the impression that you do, also isn't good for communication. Will wouldn't have screwed up in movie 1 had Jack told him his full plan. He seemed to trust Will enough for most everything else, but not for that. Notice how Will plays along near the end when Jack persuades Barbosa to loose the pirates onto the navy. Will knew what Jack was up to then and Jack knew it.
So it's not always good to be Jack. Sometimes he needs to be a little bit more like Will.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 04:33 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
nice work everyone. I'm so proud of you. big grin

i think Orlando beefed up a bit since 1, so he looks better in 2.

I really like his line "by YOUR leave, mr Norrington" during the 3 swordfight in movie 2... its so immature but adorable. lol.

and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it when he and norrington roll out on the wheel into the surf, and it falls, and then they get out and they are completely dizzy and cant walk--- that part is HYSTERICAL.

yay Will! As long as we dont compare him to jack, he is one okay guy. smile
OMG! That scene was ssoooooo HOT!!! *sighs* two extremely sexy men...well you know where im going with this

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 06:57 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Originally posted by willofthewisp
Jack still doesn't have the ability or confidence to wear his heart on his sleeve as much as Will does. We always know where Will stands with people. His integrity is too great to fake loyalties (too much) or be swayed. Jack leaves people guessing. That usually can come in handy, but it also creates problems. Think of all the hassle we wouldn't have to go through if Jack would just tell Liz, "you know, I don't think Will's the guy for you. Marry me and travel the world with me."
Playing both sides, or creating the impression that you do, also isn't good for communication. Will wouldn't have screwed up in movie 1 had Jack told him his full plan. He seemed to trust Will enough for most everything else, but not for that. Notice how Will plays along near the end when Jack persuades Barbosa to loose the pirates onto the navy. Will knew what Jack was up to then and Jack knew it.
So it's not always good to be Jack. Sometimes he needs to be a little bit more like Will.

all very good points. i think we will see them somewhat switching in 3... maybe not, but i can imagine Will playing things a bit closer to the vest, while Jack starts being a bit more clear with everyone...

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 08:09 PM
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

people like the underdog, and at the moment i think that is what will is.

And willofthewisp, i agree that too much jack could give me a headache...only for the simple reason that too much of agood thing is usually what makes something seem less inviting....

....I think this is why I'm less enthusiastic about a 4th film.
It may not have will and elizabeth..and they also make these films!

Will is a good character...he shows depth when needed, and that is good enough for me

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 11:55 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie
willywanka?johnny wanker!

wait, so they really are making a #4?
i thought that Gore said something about how they weren't going to, but johnny wanted to

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 01:20 AM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I'm fine with it being a trilogy. While I love Jack, he wouldn't be the same without Liz and Will there to share in his adventures. They are a trio and the chemistry between them all is what makes the movie works.
And yes, I have said Liz and Will have no chemistry AS A ROMANTIC COUPLE. They seem very brother/sister to me, like they understand each other and do love one another, but in a very protective way, like each one is trying to mother the other. But it's a sweet relationship and it is their "love" that is the catalyst for the first movie.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 02:13 AM
CaptinJackLover

you guys realize that even though we are talking about Will we slip Jack's name in like almost every post, so even though its mainly about Will we still need to bring up Jack for sum reason

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 04:05 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain's Wench
Queen of da swashbucklers

Will is a sweetheart, he was willing to die for the one he loves, no questions asked...!

hes really cute too!

www.myspace.com/ilovechristofer

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 04:34 AM
Captain's Wench is currently offline Click here to Send Captain's Wench a Private Message Find more posts by Captain's Wench Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I'm not sure about cute. He's too chisled for me, if that makes sense. TOO good looking that I find him unattractive. If he were alive in the 50s and 60s when they were making all those Greek mythology movies like Jason and the Argonauts, they'd make him the hero's little boyfriend. And don't tell me they wouldn't do that! ha ha ha....fun flashbacks of Jason. Hercules has a little wimpy friend and the actual myth reveals they were lovers but the movie just implies it.

Or in Spartacus, if anyone has seen the "oysters and snails" bit. Very easy to insert Orlando's face in it.

But this is a good thread, so I will say something really nice about Will.
Will will go to the ends of the earth without a second thought if he loves you. Will bothers to teach you how to sword fight even though it's "wrong" for a woman to know how, just so you will be able to protect yourself. Will wants to marry you and give you a happy life and never thinks he's really worthy of you.

Will will do anything for you, even go back to being a pirate for a little while and get stuck in an adventure with a guy he doesn't like. But he will save that guy whether he likes him or not simply because it is the right thing to do.

Basically, he's an upstanding fellow and the man in my life is a good combination of Jack and Will, and that's the perfect guy. We need Wills in the world to act bravely when no one else will.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 02:40 PM
LovelyOne

I like will for......

.....................I'll get back to you on that one laughing out loud

seriously what is his purpose?

OH I KNOW!! to be the baddie in movie 3!! Thats where everything is pointing to when it comes to his character.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 8th, 2006 at 03:57 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 03:49 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by Captain's Wench
Will is a sweetheart, he was willing to die for the one he loves, no questions asked...!

hes really cute too!

wouldn't be so sure about that one...I think movie 3 is gonna show us different when it comes to Will..it even seemed that in this movie..his dad was more important to him than Liz's safety.

and Jack is suddenly becoming what Liz needs..he came back and faced death for her by the end of the movie..and I think he was going to stay behind anyway...her physically "chaining him down" and his obvious. happiness and acceptance once she does this is supposed to give the audience the idea of a Jack Liz/Jack end up in the future me thinks.. big grin

anyway..I LOVE will....i dunno if it will be for long though..I can honestly see him being a pretty disliked character by movie 3.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 03:55 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

awe no, third films are all about redemption. i think Will will go to the edge of it (and we will all be on the edge of hating him) and then he will change his mind and do something heroic to make us like him again.

if he gets liz, i probably wont like him no matter how cool he is. LOL. (actually scratch that, i;ve said it before and i'll say it again, i trust the writers)

I like how Will implicitely trusts Gibbs. its hilarious. smile

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 05:06 PM