KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » We love Will!!!

We love Will!!!
Started by: katelovespirate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Captain's Wench
Queen of da swashbucklers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I'm not sure about cute. He's too chisled for me, if that makes sense. TOO good looking that I find him unattractive. If he were alive in the 50s and 60s when they were making all those Greek mythology movies like Jason and the Argonauts, they'd make him the hero's little boyfriend. And don't tell me they wouldn't do that! ha ha ha....fun flashbacks of Jason. Hercules has a little wimpy friend and the actual myth reveals they were lovers but the movie just implies it.

Or in Spartacus, if anyone has seen the "oysters and snails" bit. Very easy to insert Orlando's face in it.

But this is a good thread, so I will say something really nice about Will.
Will will go to the ends of the earth without a second thought if he loves you. Will bothers to teach you how to sword fight even though it's "wrong" for a woman to know how, just so you will be able to protect yourself. Will wants to marry you and give you a happy life and never thinks he's really worthy of you.

Will will do anything for you, even go back to being a pirate for a little while and get stuck in an adventure with a guy he doesn't like. But he will save that guy whether he likes him or not simply because it is the right thing to do.

Basically, he's an upstanding fellow and the man in my life is a good combination of Jack and Will, and that's the perfect guy. We need Wills in the world to act bravely when no one else will.

I do see where your going! haha he's too pretty for you. I say that about some guys, if they're prettier than me I dont want em! But i agree with everything else, well said!

www.myspace.com/ilovechristofer

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 05:10 PM
Captain's Wench is currently offline Click here to Send Captain's Wench a Private Message Find more posts by Captain's Wench Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yoho
*I* am the sea

In dmc Will was definitely better looking; more brawny, and somehow more grown up and mature but there were a few scenes in potc1 that I liked too... at the smithy when he walks in and soothes the frightened animal, that left me feeling warm inside ... and in the last scene when Jack says 'will, nice hat', I really love will's smile... he just looks so handsome.

There, I've said something nice about will smile now I can go back to rooting for Jack.

You can keep doing that forever, the dog is never going to move

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 05:24 PM
yoho is currently offline Click here to Send yoho a Private Message Find more posts by yoho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by katelovespirate
awe no, third films are all about redemption. i think Will will go to the edge of it (and we will all be on the edge of hating him) and then he will change his mind and do something heroic to make us like him again.

if he gets liz, i probably wont like him no matter how cool he is. LOL. (actually scratch that, i;ve said it before and i'll say it again, i trust the writers)

I like how Will implicitely trusts Gibbs. its hilarious. smile

Jack has had his redemption in movie 2 already lol..I dont know if thats true about all the characters having their redemption by movie 3..

I can imagine will getting it right at the very end after doing something very stupid.

I find it strange how Jack and liz have both done the bad thing before movie 3..Jack has actually redeemed himself..Liz still can by early movie 3..but Will?

He hasn't done ANYTHING bad yet..and its going to be pretty hard cramming everything thy have done with Jack/Liz it all into one final movie for Will..which makes me think all the more that what ever he does is gonna make us jump..annd then people will see the redemption

If my theory of Will is right...then I dont like him anymore laughing out loud

I mean selfishly trying to break up Jack/Liz when they clearly want to be with one another..

what lengths will he go to lie to himself that Jack cant everlovve a woman etc etc..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 8th, 2006 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 08:30 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Hitting Jack with an oar was kind of bad, although it was to save himself from being turned over to Barbosa (in Will's mind).

See, he does do bad things, but he always thinks the end justifies the means. If he does bad things to make something good happen, he'll do it. Being a pirate is despicable (to quote Liz) to him, but to do something good (get her back), what's he do? He breaks Jack out of jail and steals a ship! That's phenomenally bad! That's like the straight-A student now all of a sudden breaking out a felon and stealing a ferrari and going cross country to go rape and pillage.
And don't forget he sold Jack out by means of getting his compass so he could do another good thing (save Liz from hanging). All he would have had to do is pretend to go along with it and say "Jack, I need your help" or just break her out himself. They must have fixed the bars after they saw how easy it was for him to get Jack out.
So he does do bad things, but he justifies them in his mind.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 09:58 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

i no, i h8 him 4 hitting him /w the oar! stupid eunuch!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 10:16 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

oo i was watching pirates 1 today and i saw something that will did that i liked but i cant remember what it was... something small...

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 01:42 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

hahhaha well think fast! we are all beginning to lose interest in him and eventually will chnage the subject to Jack or sumone better than him (no offence Will)

o and IBD43 you need ti chill....if you want to bash Will then take it to another thread. We need to LOVE Will in this thread no matter how hard it might be

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 03:43 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

It's not too hard to love Will. I make fun of him a lot, but I wouldn't say I dislike him. He is part of this trilogy, a big part, and no matter how much you love Jack, you really have to ask yourself what kind of movie it would be without Will, just to see what it would be like without all the sharp contrasts and exchanges between Will and Jack. They're a duo that hate being paired off together, but they are a great team. Without trying to make them seem gay, they have a lot of chemistry in the ways of group dynamics.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 03:50 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

i do kind of dislike him, there is just sumthing about his personality that gets to me. I m still trying to figure out what it is.

yea i agrre JAck and Will do make a great team even though they hate it...but when they are working together they dont realize how much they dont like it and just do what they have to do and the outcome of thst is great! I love thre fact they are a great team but hate eahc other to pieces! thas what make sait interesting! i love when teams work likie that!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 04:00 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

yes

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 04:16 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

Originally posted by willofthewisp
It's not too hard to love Will. I make fun of him a lot, but I wouldn't say I dislike him. He is part of this trilogy, a big part, and no matter how much you love Jack, you really have to ask yourself what kind of movie it would be without Will, just to see what it would be like without all the sharp contrasts and exchanges between Will and Jack. They're a duo that hate being paired off together, but they are a great team. Without trying to make them seem gay, they have a lot of chemistry in the ways of group dynamics.
the movie would b millions better if he never existed

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 04:22 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

can you imagine it without him? or someone like him? where would liz get the aztec coin and such?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 04:25 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

*folds arms and pouts* fine!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 04:25 AM
Bwa Ha Ha

whats fine

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 04:26 AM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

WILL YOU STOP!!!! just read the rest of the convo!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 04:28 AM
Bwa Ha Ha

i did... I WANNA WATCH SLEEPY HOLLOW AGAIN!!!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 06:01 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Sleepy Hollow is really good. I enjoyed it a lot. Great Halloween movie.

But yeah, where would Liz have gotten the coin if Will hadn't been there? She would never have gotten involved in the adventure. Plus, keeping Will there keeps her in denial about her real feelings. Think how unsatisfying it would be if Jack came onto her and she just went with it right off the bat? We LOVE their banter and their constant chasing one another. It will make the love scene in the third one more satisfying.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 02:09 PM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

once again, Johnny is totally hot when hes squemish!!! adorable facial expressions. i love it when hes ivestigating the headless victim in the forest! hes like gagging that whole time!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 05:11 PM
mmoviejunkie
willywanka?johnny wanker!

okay stop talking about johnny!!
as much as i love him this is the will thread!!

okay i'll say something i just noticed what i like about will, i like it when he's confused..he just gets a cute look on his face

like in the first one where he's like "aye avast!" and then jack looks at him like wtf? and he looks back like what's wrong? that was really cute

and in the second one where he's like i'm here to settle jack sparrow's debt or whatever and davy is like what?!? and then he repeats his self unsurely-that was cute too

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 07:55 PM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

yeah that's just it...Will is just Cute...Jack is sexy, gorgeous, fine, clever, smart, intelligent.....

And ya'll are right...the story wouldn't work without WIll....if not for Will having the gold medallion...she would never have gotten to get so mixed up with Jack Sparrow.....and then, without Will...you ditto.there would be no reason for Liz to deny her feelings...and that's what makes the coupling of Jack and Liz so hot and exciting..thier constant banter, their denial of feelings...the forbidden love..the unthinkable...just think how fun it will be to see how Dear Old Daddy Weatherby is going to react when he finds out his daughter has fallen in love with a True Pirate and not a Blacksmith turned Pirate.....He is Captain Jack Sparrow.

Oh I'm sorry, I apologize..this is the We Love Will Thread...I knew I should have stayed off of this site...it's just so hard to talk about anything associated with Pirates of the Caribbean and not end up talking about how great Jack is and how he and Liz are together...Sorry

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 08:11 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote