KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- Oracle Predictions and the Philosophy Path

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- Oracle Predictions and the Philosophy Path
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Would it be easier if Ares removed the 'and the answer...' part? stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 10:01 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Mors: "Though you feel guilty about your past, there will be a time when you must choose between coming to terms with that past, or being of benefit to others"

We want to know about your pazt. Actually, I have an idea you have done this, so please refresh my memory.

Might try and think of a way to make this one flow more smoothly as well.

No problem. Rex and I have been reworking Mors' background as well, so it's more consistant.

Mors was given the title of Captain of the Thanatos after showing remarkable leadership skills and after his Captain was crippled by a Sentinel. However, in a very important mission, he completed the mission but lost part of his crew to an Agent. Those that survived- two Naturals, horrified by the deaths- then mutineed against Mors, killing his Operator. Mors then killed them before the ship was torn apart by Sentinels.

So, basically, Mors feels guilty about losing his entire crew at the hands of an Agent and by his own hand.

And for smoother flowing, do you mean sentence structure?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 10:07 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Difficult.

“Though prideful of your abilities, you will have to choose whether you will humble yourself or fall prey to your hubris.”

*Imperial March*

Nice trick.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 10:41 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Haha. It's okay, Ush, I didn't think too hard for that...

“Though you may stubbornly hold that all life is pointless, you will find that your purpose is tangible.”

Give Sirin a bit of a Nietzche-esque view on things.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 10:42 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

As sadistic as this may be for Klez...I want to find out the hard way what you mean by harsh.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 10:57 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Neat. Also just noticed I left in a note there about love not being a game focus. Didn't mean peoplre to see that, but not tha tbig a deal. 'tis true- thus far. Look for yours coming in a later story. Besides, you've got enough to worry about with Sienar as far as currently planned stories go.

New submissions will be explored ASAP!

Ares- literally, yes. But I suspect we might then be stuck about what it actually means, because you make life/death decisions all the time. I think the idea to qualify it a little was good, just that particular qualification brought it in a difficult direction for us.

Mors- thanks, will get back to you, and yes. I don't think I did my best work when I worded that one; I think the Oracle would out it differently.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 11:21 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"There will come a time when you must choose between coming to terms with the guilt of your past, or being of benefit to others.”

Perhaps that's a better wording.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 11:39 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Newjak
How about this Ush
"Your Rage will guide you to the ends of the Matrix if you let it though you shall never see it"
Wanted to make sure ths wasn't lost on the last page

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:06 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Blah, stupid predictions.

Anyway, on the first point made about mine...San's not a naturally trusting person at all, so yeah. Second, um, I don't know...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:12 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Ok, well before he was freed (so that would be 6 months before this game...I think....) he was willing to help his friends out regardless of what happened to him. Although then there wasn't such a pressing possibility of death from helping them out.

Then after he was freed he still kept his same principals and convictions about what he was willing to do for his friends. He was willing to risk himself for his friends, would have been willing to sacrifice himself and his friends if it meant the end of the war. But...after he was nearly killed letting everyone escape after the last game he may be a little "reluctant" to help them again.

But also there's the bystander effect, where people say they'd be willing to help others out and know that if the situation arose they'd help, but when it does they don't as their mind prevents them from helping.

Also if it's an agent that he's going to have to go up against he will run!

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 11:21 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Balder: "You will soon wither away, but will be given the choice of new life or the death of your brothers in arms"

In structure it is good. The only problem is- that Choice doesn't look like an issue at all. Either you get new life or your friends die? Errr... I'll have the life, please?

We need a choice with weight to it. Do that and it is cleared.

How about this:

"You may act strong, but your facade will soon break to reveal your greatest weakness".

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 02:10 PM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

quote:

Fire- "You will have to find out the difference between illusion and reality."

Snipped of the first bit. Fine- though possibly The Matrix is drowning in that being the issue; it could apply to everyone.

I know it could apply to everyone and implies just about everything but that's what I like about it. It's up to you how it will play out in the game (I won't be able to see it coming). Not every Prophecy has to be as straight forward as "You will find the one" or "You will fall in love with the one"

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 03:56 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

True, but just about none of the submitted ones are that simple either!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 04:05 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I know. I was just making my point, but if you want me to change it I will.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 04:25 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Ares' is the closest to being that simple, and even then...

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 07:57 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nah, it'll swing, Fire.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 08:21 PM
Lord Melkor

Melkor desires to know about the reason behind it all, Matrix and beyond.... I envision him as a great individualist who felt conditioned most of his life.... and he isn`t sure that he no longer is. He believes that only the one that has ultimate understanding can be trully free... otherwise his choices may be too constrained.

I it also puzzles him that programs can be sentient....

So is my prophecy okay if I remove the conditionals? Or should I return to the choice being between loyalty and knowledge? (Assuming that I am not out of the game for missing assignment, of course)

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 09:53 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'll get back to you. That info is very useful.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 10:01 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Or how about instead of having to choose between myself and my friends, choosing between the mission objective and my friends.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 01:13 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

Hmm... I didn't see any comments on my prediction. Maybe you didn't see it, Ush? I'm rewording it anyways, as I noticed an error in the words I chose.

"Your affliction will become your salvation."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 06:30 AM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote