KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S GAME EPISODE III- 'ARTIFACT'. Light Side Area

USH'S GAME EPISODE III- 'ARTIFACT'. Light Side Area
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (60): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

(He got you there Ush)

Old Post Aug 15th, 2002 01:04 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

(I'm good aren't I? cool )

"Not even Master Gundark here knew the name."

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2002 03:06 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Gundark remained silent, studying the aide who had whispered in the Chancellor's ear.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2002 12:59 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

First of all, none of you know the slightest thing about the Naboo incident and you have no reason to question the Supreme Chancellor's use of the name.

Secondly, Maul was ON Naboo and the Viceroys referred to him by name, having been told it by Sidious. Even the most casual of investigations would have discovered the name. I have no idea why you think Gundark warrants an 'even', as she had no more to do with it then any of the rest of you.

Technically, it is ridiculous that the Jedi don't know the name Sidious, seeing as there are a bridge full of witnesses that heard the name. But Sidious, at least, kept out of things; Maul was right in there and if they discovered enough to know it was a Sith they certainly would have gotten the name.

And thirdly, if I have to, I'll just throw in an EU source that would trace the name because some of the stuff out there written about Maul makes the name easy to trace.

You'll have to do better than that, sonny Jim. Anyway:

"Well," says Palpatine, "it does seem to me to be the most obvious conclusion. We have this formidable swordsman who fakes his own death, appearing to disappear from the Galaxy. And then just after the incident in Naboo, he appears again, trying to uncover lost Sith lore- the exact things that his Master would be unable now to teach him. And who else but the Sith would know the location of their ancient archive? And we also have a gang of followers for Kuylen, arguing and competing with each other. Because, of course, only one of them can finally survive..." Palpatine looks thoughtful. "Or maybe this is just coincidence and Kuylen is just a murderous cur. Either way, if he turns up in Republic space at any point he must be stopped, so the truth may at least be ascertained.

"Now, one of the... advantages of being Supreme Chancellor is that one hears many, many things from many parts of the Galaxy. And it is from these sources that it has become apparent to me that Kuylen has just arrived on... Malastare..."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 15th, 2002 05:19 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

"I would assume, of course, that your source is a reliable one ?"

Old Post Aug 15th, 2002 05:24 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Oh, totally, totally," says Palpatine. "He may be mistaken but I wouldn't lose the opportunity.

"One of the OTHER benefits of being Chancellor is the certain amount of rights and privileges one is granted, one of which I choose to exercise now. As you know, I was a great admirer of my predecessor, Valorum. A shame he had to be voted out of office the way he did. There are many who called him indecisive but this is unfair. The situation on Naboo would never have been resolved had Valorum not used his executive powers to secretly send Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to Naboo, ostensibly to force a settlement, but as you all now know they found far more. But it is this secret use of Jedi that appealed to me as a way to proceed in the current situation. I have decided to follow this tradition. So I am delighted to offer all of you the opportunity to act in my name to go to Malastare and hunt down Kuylen, in force. I have, of course, discussed the matter with the Council who are happy for you to proceed so long as my information is correct."

He sits back with a smile.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 15th, 2002 05:30 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Gundark digested this. Kellan...you might get a chance to settle the score with Kuylen after that last duel.... Losing that battle to the Dark Jedi was a sore spot to be sure. But revenge was not the way of...dammit Kellan, if the Council has concurred with the Supreme Chancellor, what more do you need? Something didn't feel right, yet she could not put her finger on anything TRULY wrong against bringing Kuylen to justice. Especially since Kuylen's hands technically had Qui-Gon's blood upon them. The thought of Qui-Gon brought her to her feet. "With the approval of the Council already secured, Supreme Chancellor, I will certainly abide by your request to go to Malastare to find Kuylen. I'm sure my fellow Jedi here will follow any orders dictated by emergency powers, of course."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2002 05:42 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Excellent!" says Palpatine. "It is, of course, important to proceed with the great speed and vigour I have come to expect from you people. Kuylen is unlikely to stay on Malastare for long and should he flee the Council's original objections will, of course, apply again, and I cannot always guarantee that my contacts will find more useful information...

"The authorities on Malastare will know of your presence but not of your missiom, except one. One of the Prefects [important law enforcement man] will know both of the nature and seriousness of your mission, and the importance of keeping it quiet. He will offer you full assistance in this matter.

"Obviosuly, of course, once you find Kuylen this will be a combat mission but until then it will be an investigation. I am afraid that even with my authority behind you you must act within the law to find Kuylen!" he says, with another smile. "But I am sure your skills will uncover him quickly. After all, he must have a VERY good reason to come to a major Republican world. Find the reason, and you find the man!

"Do you have any questions? I am, of course, only too happy to help."

BtVS

Old Post Aug 15th, 2002 05:51 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

"Has transportation been arranged ?"

Old Post Aug 15th, 2002 06:03 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"Transportation is not a problem for me. I can take 2 passengers on my starfighter, since I've upgraded it and such," Xeth says.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2002 09:39 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"You can make your way to Malastare any way you like!" says Palpatine. "The Order will provide a ship if you need one, I am sure."

BtVS

Old Post Aug 15th, 2002 11:01 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"I'm sure they will, I'm sure they will..." Xeth says, wanting to even the score with Kuylen for causing Xeth to fail his first mandate since he left the Temple.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2002 12:05 AM
LanceWindu

"My ship is of sufficient size to carry us all. It's fast too." Lance says.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2002 03:37 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

"That will be fine, Lance" Gundark told him. "Xeth, you can join us or take your ship, whichever you prefer." She stepped toward Palpatine and bowed her head slightly. "Are we to be meeting the Prefect on arrival ?"

Old Post Aug 16th, 2002 12:55 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Yes, indeed," says Palpatine. "The authorities on Malastare should handle all of that. Well, if that is all?" inquires Palpatine.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 16th, 2002 05:10 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

"Then we'll be on our way," she answered. "It is an honor to continue to serve the Republic."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2002 05:25 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"And I have no doubt that all of you will continue to serve it well, just as I strive to do so in my own way, best I can..." Palpatine stands.

"Well, it has been a delight meeting all of you!" he says. "We can provide you transport back to the Temple."

BtVS

Old Post Aug 16th, 2002 05:29 PM
LanceWindu

Lance stands and bows, "Thank you Chancellor."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2002 05:37 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Gundark turned and left the Chancellor's office with the rest of the group.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2002 05:39 PM
LanceWindu

"So Master are we to get back to the Temple and pick up our gear?" Lance asked.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2002 05:41 PM