KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » OH FOR GODS SAKE!! (sorry) (ted and terry talk)

OH FOR GODS SAKE!! (sorry) (ted and terry talk)
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 10 11 [12]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CaptinJackLover

yes thats true we havent seen it in the movies but it must be important sumhow!

and yes she is the sea goddess (well thats what we THINK. we dont know for sure) but um who is it that lives on the sea pretty much 24/7?! umm....JACK! he practically is the sea! lol

dont bother arguing back cuz i know my points are stupid lol big grin

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 03:29 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

^^UR POINTS ARE NOT STUPID!!! dont ever say that!! lol
im really not sure if tia is calypso i mean al the hints are leading towards tia but again we are not 100%sure... but somehow i think its her-i dunno now my points are stupid lol

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 04:56 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

all the tia/calypso stuff makes no sense to me because i dont know who calypso is sad

But if she is some kind of god then i seem to think that that parallels could be true between these two characters...because who is more spooky and god-like that tia??

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 12:07 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I agree that she's powerful, but I just don't think she's messing with the other characters' fates in a supernatural way. She can manipulate them, as she does with the dirt, but they all manipulate each other at some point. But I agree, she's one spooky lady.
I am seeing it tonight at school, so it will be the second time for me and I will try to spot the voodoo doll, but I don't think they show it.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 12:09 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Wonder what the first two were. Hmm.

Here are my thoughts on Tia/Jack/Liz/Will.

I don't see much significance in Jack only agreeing to help after hearing Liz is in jail. He kids about it in fact and says she has to take responsibility for her actions. He's has all the faith in the world nothing is going to happen to her. But he's not in love with her. I think by the end of one, he realized he was attracted to her and could admire and respect her, but little else.
I think it's the fact Will shoved himself into his business. Jack saw an opportunity. He knows he and Will are stronger together than they are apart, and he went to see Tia about removing the black spot before going after the chest. He wanted a quick fix and wanted Will to know the story. And also he wanted to know where the key was.
He doesn't plan on leaving Will on the Flying Dutchman because he thinks his compass will lead him to the chest and Will will get the key.
As for Tia, I'm not convinced she's on anyone's side. If she wants Jack, why would she cause Will and Liz's wedding to be interrupted? If she wants Jack and Liz to be together, then 1. how does she know about Liz in the first place? 2. that's a huge assumption she and Beckett are making, that Liz and Jack are into each other, 3. we have no proof Beckett or anyone else saw her before Jack came to see her, and 4. She's untameable. I can't see her joining forces with anyone.

Im so with you in this. this is exactly where i am at with it.

i dont know how powerful Tia may BECOME, but in 2, she is NOT all powerful or all-knowledgable, in my book.

she demands payment of Jack... meaning they are not on such intimate terms that she would just help him out as a friend or whatever. she's actually pretty proffessional (albeit in a wierd sort of way) about it all.

Not only that, but if Tia really is Calypso/a goddess, she is a goddess in EXILE. she is obviously not living the goddess life and hasnt been for some time... No goddess with a choice would CHOOSE to live in a creepy hut in the middle of no where all alone. This is exile. Probably forced on her by some past action, or chosen by her for her own safety, or something.
at any rate, if she is in exile, that means the majority of her powers probably are as well. I dont think she is absolutely clairvoyant, but i do think she can read people remarkably well and has the ability to discern what people are really after. (Much like Galadriel in lord of the rings) And she can help people--- TO A CERTAIN EXTENT. i dont think, for example, she meant to harm Jack with the jar of dirt at all. i think she knew what would soothe Jack most, and being knowledgable about Davy Jones, she knew how to counter-act his plans... by giving Jack land to carry with him. Jack paid for services so she gave him services...
i guess i'm still doubtful about the part Tia will play.

as of now, i dont think she has an alliance with Beckett. Beckett is everything Tia stands against. She's like the hippie colony standing against Corporate America or something. I don't see her making an alliance with Beckett or any EITC member, EVER.... i think she stays in the realm of pirates, gyspies, outcasts, supernatural sorts, natives, etc.

Willo, I also agree with you that I dont think Jack is in love with Liz at the beginning of 2. From hints from the writers, its clear she is on his mind from time to time, which is normal. He was attracted to her in 1, flirted with her, and admired her. That's completely normal, then, that when he was feeling lonely and vulnerable, or frightened, she would pop into his head. (It's like craving a real meal/lizzie after tons of junk food/whores). I don't think Jack has any idea of where things could actually go with Liz until she shows up in Tortuga. I think it takes him a while to realize his feelings are growing.

back on the subject of tia... i just dont know. and we're not meant to know yet... we're just meant to wonder.

the fact that the writers gave Johnny and Naomy free reign to make up their own history of the relationship, pretty much hints to me that their past relationship is NOT hugely important to the plot line... which they wrote without knowing what sort of history Johnny and Naomy would decide on. know what i mean?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 01:22 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Been off for a few days...but I don't think Beckett and Tia are in cohoots with each other....but I'm not sure how Beckett knows of the compass...I think it has something to do with their past...back when Jack worked for the EITC...after Beckett branded him a Pirate and Jack was banished....maybe he had Jack followed and knows that the compass is magical...he obviously knows about Davy Jones and the heart and the chest. And his conversation with LIz...it is what it is..he is simply stating that it is a marraige interrupted or FATE INTERVENES...you make great efforts to ensure the freedom of Jack Sparrow...and Liz responds a bit hastily "these are not for Jack"...and he smugly replies, "Oh, really. (like not buying it, chik)...anyways, Beckett is just making an observation based on the way Liz is acting...holding him at gunpoint...saying her wedding night was robbed...and stealing the letters of marque that are meant for Jack Sparrow, not Will Turner.

And I wouldn't go by anything that is said in that leaked script from POTC 3 - it's a very early rough draft and if you really, really read it...it's crappy...so doubt it's anything substantial...

And I don't think Jack is in love with Liz at the beginning...but he is definitley attracted to her and he is thinking about her...he may love her ..but doesn't realize these thoughts he is having of her could be associated with love..I don't think Jack's ever been in love...so he is very confused by all this...that's why his compass isn't working...

And I've asked that question several times...as to why Jack has that weird look on his face when Will says to Tia "You know Me?"...haven't quite figured out what that is all about...

I think Jack knew the key went to the chest and he knew what was inside...he went to Tia's for help...he wanted her to help him maybe figure out why his compass isn't working...how to find the key...

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 01:42 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

i think Tia knew Will's dad, as well as the circumstances surrounding his enslavement to Jones. i do think she was honestly surprised when his son showed up on her door, in company of Jack Sparrow. theres a great theme of redression for past good actions or bad actions in this film... Bootstrap was involved in the mutiny, and his son has been involved in saving Jack. like the idea of generational reconciliation.

as far as the leaked script... here's an idea.
i dont think the script was leaked on accident- how stupid are they?!
i think perhaps it was leaked (and only certain scenes, and only the beginning) in order to gauge some audience/consumer reaction.
from time to time, film companies do this with scripts (almost like a pre-pre-pre-screening, where they test audience reactions to plotline, endings, etc...) where they leak them on purpose, or give hints about the story, mainly to see if it is well-recieved, understood.... or if they need to take it a different direction, clarify something, etc.

perhaps thats what was up with this script. they led out with hints that liz and will would end up together, to see whether people were still on board with that or not.

i hope they dont ONLY look at reactions on KTTC... cause everyone else on the internet has completely different opinions than KTTC.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 02:02 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

i dont think they would look only on KTTC if that is what really happened with the script...i htink they would wnat to check several fan sites of POTC to see the response of several groups of people....cuz theymust know not EVERYONE has the same thoughts on things like this

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 05:57 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

well again...we'll have to wait for may 25 2007 lol

though i read somewhere i think it was in a keira website no no it was on ohjohnny.net that tia gets to throw a bomb or something. she gets to fight a lil

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 11:05 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

yes, i've read that too but she said that's the most action she did.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 11:07 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

here:

"It's supposed to be that we're lovers," revealed actress Naomie Harris, who plays the mysterious soothsayer. "We talked about it in rehearsals, but Gore left it up to us, really, to come up with our own stories ourselves."

In the third film, Tia Dalma's role is expanded substantially, and she even gets to see some action. "I go on a ship with all the guys and go on their journey, which is really nice," Harris revealed. "No fighting, although I do throw a bomb. That's as physical as I get."

http://www.mtvasia.com/News/200607/12013546.html

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 11:50 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
i think Tia knew Will's dad, as well as the circumstances surrounding his enslavement to Jones. i do think she was honestly surprised when his son showed up on her door, in company of Jack Sparrow. theres a great theme of redression for past good actions or bad actions in this film... Bootstrap was involved in the mutiny, and his son has been involved in saving Jack. like the idea of generational reconciliation.

as far as the leaked script... here's an idea.
i dont think the script was leaked on accident- how stupid are they?!
i think perhaps it was leaked (and only certain scenes, and only the beginning) in order to gauge some audience/consumer reaction.
from time to time, film companies do this with scripts (almost like a pre-pre-pre-screening, where they test audience reactions to plotline, endings, etc...) where they leak them on purpose, or give hints about the story, mainly to see if it is well-recieved, understood.... or if they need to take it a different direction, clarify something, etc.

perhaps thats what was up with this script. they led out with hints that liz and will would end up together, to see whether people were still on board with that or not.

i hope they dont ONLY look at reactions on KTTC... cause everyone else on the internet has completely different opinions than KTTC.

yeah like sailorleo's reaction to norrington dying = you ****ERS! WHAT THE **** IS YOUR GODDAMN PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then disney = holy shit....this ***** is crazy....ok....norrie lives *goes to find terry*

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 12:46 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

uuumm, wow. language

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 01:25 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote