KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » OH FOR GODS SAKE!! (sorry) (ted and terry talk)

OH FOR GODS SAKE!! (sorry) (ted and terry talk)
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-savvychick-

i wanna be an actress too, i have ever since i was really little. either that or i wanna do something with music. i dont know what, but i play lots of instruments and stuff, maybe joina band or something. but preferably be an actress.

www.myspace.com/deesse_de_lune
come on now...don't be shy! add me!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 03:45 AM
-savvychick- is currently offline Click here to Send -savvychick- a Private Message Find more posts by -savvychick- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

yeah, its been my dream since i was really little

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 03:47 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-savvychick-

laughing out loud it's amazing how easily we can get so off topic so fast!!!

its actually kind've sad really though.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 03:55 AM
-savvychick- is currently offline Click here to Send -savvychick- a Private Message Find more posts by -savvychick- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

i dont advise going to any other forums on this site, cuz if you r not someone that goes there normally, then they always say ur from the OTF (off topic forum) and treat u like ur stupid. thats what happened to me and sccch whe we were on General Discussion forum. we kept on saying "no were POTC!" but they wouldnt listen. this forum is really nice and i like it

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 03:57 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-savvychick-

yeah, ive read some stuff on other forums, but never posted anything

but i like it here, everyones nice and stuff, so it works for me, plus, there's always something interesting to talk about, so its all goodsmile Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 04:05 AM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

yeah, were awesome

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 04:10 AM
lovethemtigers

LovelyOne sounds like you were panicing like I was on Sunday after reading the stuff from Katelovespirates' friend in Germany.....

I'm trying not to be as obsessed with this movie...but it is really crazy to think that they put all these scenes, symbolisms and theories just to put a bump in the road for Liz and Will...and yes, I think it would be a sad testiment to Liz's character if she spends POTC 3 chasing after Will, begging for his forgiveness...screw Will...go after Jack - cuz girlie, that's the man that will give you good loving....LOL

Anyways, after everything I'm reading and hearing....I guess it is going to be a Will/Liz ending.....despite everything they brought forth in DMC...and to say the only way the audience would buy a kiss between Jack and Liz would be in a life/death situation...bullcrap...I wanted them to kiss on the island in POTC 1 - I'd buy a kiss between them anyday... cuz that's what happens when people are attracted to each other...and you could feel the chemistry between these 2 in the first Movie, for crying out loud.....what I don't buy...is kisses between Liz and Will...it's yucky..and grosse..because I feel no chemistry is between them at all....but I guess Ted and Terry don't really care if AWE is as hot as DMC....DMC will forever live on in my book as the best movie ever...and I'll pretend AWE doesn't even exist.....But I am crazy about Johnny Depp...so I'll watch it on DVD so I can see Johnny in action as Jack...because he still is the hottest Pirate of all time throughout the Spanish Main...throughout the World....Keira needs to perform a lobotomy on Ted and Terry...because I would be mad if my character wouldn't get to choose Jack over Will...it really is stupid for her to choose STupid Bloody Boring Ugly Will over Sexy, SMart, Clever, OH_SO HOT- Pirate, Captain Jack....her life would be one adventure after another with Jack and she would have that freedom she longs for....

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 02:13 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

Yeah I agree cause even though I LOVE for liz and jack to get together and I've tried to find EVERY FACT THERE IS in the movie to prove to myself that this is'nt a typical disney movie and they WILL wind up together but from what I'm hearing the writers are gonna be all liz/will on us but I have hope cause I remember their 5 five rules from the commentery that Ted and Terry did I don't know if they will stick to it but:
1-no book endings
2-no book endings
3-never kill the dog
4-save the kiss to the end
5-FEEL FREE TO DISAGREE WITH ALL OF THESE!!
if they decide not to break these rules that means NO BOOK endings no will and liz

Freedom...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 02:40 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

Ladies, is that interesting, or not??

Changes to the Three Main Characters Over the Course of the Pirates Series: “Elizabeth [played by Keira Knightley] and Will [Orlando Bloom], their love was sort of infantile in the first movie. It was very cute and pure and they are growing up. In looking at where we are going to end up in the third movie, I think the second movie is where they have to deal with real issues of love. I think in the first movie it was more storybook love. It was sort of, ‘Oh, isn’t that cute.’ It hits all the traditional buttons, but it doesn’t take you anywhere because it’s not that complicated.

In the second movie, we are dealing with real life. You deal with jealousy; you deal with how they are going to end up. For them to survive, it’s an interesting parallel which gets more elaborated in the third film, which is the love story of Davy Jones and why did he pull out his heart and how that relates to the love story of Elizabeth and Will. I mean, are they on the same path and are they going to pull out of that nosedive and what’s going to happen? It’s just important that the love story became more complicated. A marriage has to survive. It doesn’t exist in that storybook world.”

http://movies.about.com/od/pirateso...tesgv062906.htm

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 04:04 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

but what do they mean with a marriage has to survive??? and it doesn't exist in THAT storybook, so they do not get married??? I'm confussed!!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 04:10 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

OH MY GOD they are hinting that will/liz will stay together that this will only make them strong...augh I don't want them to be together I HOPE HOPE HOPE this is hinting something that I'm to blind to see! I wouldn't mind being wrong at ALL

Freedom...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 04:35 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

I mean I'm not sure...

A marriage has to survive -> but they aren't married, only engaded and we know that can change

I'm more hoping on that:

It doesn’t exist in that storybook world -> What does that mean? Not in this movie????

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 04:50 PM
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow
Ladies, is that interesting, or not??

Changes to the Three Main Characters Over the Course of the Pirates Series: “Elizabeth [played by Keira Knightley] and Will [Orlando Bloom], their love was sort of infantile in the first movie. It was very cute and pure and they are growing up. In looking at where we are going to end up in the third movie, I think the second movie is where they have to deal with real issues of love. I think in the first movie it was more storybook love. It was sort of, ‘Oh, isn’t that cute.’ It hits all the traditional buttons, but it doesn’t take you anywhere because it’s not that complicated.

In the second movie, we are dealing with real life. You deal with jealousy; you deal with how they are going to end up. For them to survive, it’s an interesting parallel which gets more elaborated in the third film, which is the love story of Davy Jones and why did he pull out his heart and how that relates to the love story of Elizabeth and Will. I mean, are they on the same path and are they going to pull out of that nosedive and what’s going to happen? It’s just important that the love story became more complicated. A marriage has to survive. It doesn’t exist in that storybook world.”

http://movies.about.com/od/pirateso...tesgv062906.htm

\SEE THIS IS WHAT I MEAN EVERYTHING I READ AND HEAR ABOUT IS POINTING TOWARDS A WILL/LIZ ENDING...THIS MEANS, LADIES, THAT THEY ARE SHOWING US THAT RELATIONSHIPS AREN'T EASY..SOMETIMES WE ARE TEMPTED TO CHEAT OR EXPLORE OTHER AVENUES...IT HINTS THAT THEY ARE GOING TO PULL THEMSELVES OUT OF THE NOSEDIVE SO THEY DON'T END UP LIKE THE DAVY JONES LOVE STORY...AND STORY BOOK ENDINGS...WELL, IF THIS WERE A HISTORICAL ROMANCE..WHICH I'VE SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN...JACK AND LIZ WOULD END UP TOGETHER...BUT THIS IS STUPID BLOODY DISNEY..AND LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE TAKING THE CHEAP WAY OUT BECAUSE THEY THINK THE AUDIENCE DOESN'T WANT JACK AND LIZ TOGETHER...THEY ARE GOING TO END WITH WILL LIZ...SO I WILL SAVE MY MONEY..AND INSTEAD OF GOING AND SEEING AWE 5 TIMES LIKE I DID DMC (IN HELPING IT REACH THE BILLION $ MARK - I'LL JUST WAIT FOR IT TO COME OUT ON DVD AND SEE JOHNNY DEPP....I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE REST OF THE STUPID BLOODY MOVIE...BECAUSE NOW EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN DMC WAS ALL ABOUT LIZ AND WILL'S RELATIONSHIP GROWING STRONGER AND HAVING TO OVERCOME OBSTACLES...I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE THE WRITERS WOULD USE THEIR GREATEST CHARACTER EVER AS A MERE BUMP IN THE ROAD...TO ME IT IS DEMEANING TO CAPTAIN JACK...AND BECAUSE HE IS WHAT HAS MADE THESE TWO MOVIES...CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WOULD BELITTEL HIS CHARACTER LIKE THAT...IN MY OPIONION...OH WELL. TOUCHE' TO KTTC PEOPLE - GUESS THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT ALL ALONG...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 05:42 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

Yes, I have helped to reach the Billion too. I've seen it 4 times in cinema! ...Ähhh...I don't want to see the 3rd ... Why do I count the days?....ohhhhhh...my life makes no sense anymore....But maybe it will happen a wonder or something like that...but I don't believe it!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 05:49 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

yeah all evidence points to will/liz and although ted and terry say NO BOOK ENDINGS. I mean COME ON!!!!! it's DISNEY!!!! BOOK ENDINGbig grinISNEY ENDING but this movie is different from other disney movies that's why I won't loose faith in jack/liz but something in my heart (even though I have TONS of evidence to show it willl be jack/liz)
tells me it will be liz/will cause to make jack/liz to happen we have to break a heart WILL's wheres if will/liz end up together Jack's heart though will be broken won't be in emotional crisis as will would be he's capt'n jack sparrow savvy???? he could make a joke as he hops onto the paerl riding into the horizon as he leaves will/liz together. but can you imagine liz/jack riding off leaving will all alone to cry over his broken heart? disney wouldn't do that unless will either falls for another girl or comes to piece with the whole liz/jack plot. which are both great tasks to accmplish during the course of ONE movie. but I trust the writers to comeup with a way if they want it to happen. trouble is they seem to feel likethis was to make liz/will stronger though I could protest like i said before I ask you: why was the kiss THERE? it could have been flirtation,seduction and lips getting closer as liz forces jack to the mast and shackles him! why a kiss? ok lets say she had to kiss him to fully distract him! why so passionate? but I guess I can't change the WRITER's opinion now can I lol

Freedom...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 05:57 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

yeah I saw it 4 times too happy

Freedom...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 05:58 PM
katelovespirate

what the heck are they thinking?

if the whole liz/jack thing was just meant to be about making the liz/will relationship more complicated and therefore more exciting when it actually happens, why the heck did they use JACK to do that?!?!?!

they could have used anyone else... and it would have been fine. Throw Liz some other random guy to tempt her.

But when its Jack tempting her... its NO LONGER LOGICAL that she be satisfied with Will. it just DOESNT make sense anymore, because JACK is the one everyone loves.

this is so sad.

I'm just concerned that they are going to have to dumb down Jack's character to make their stupid liz/will ending work... and thats what i dont want to see. seriously, in order to give it a satisfactory ending, Jack has to been happy single again--- and why should he be? He cant be without really making his character seem dumb.

this is worse than Casablanca.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 06:46 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

lovethemtigers..if this was just a bump in the road..then I would say the writers used OVERKILL with this movie when trying to prove that point..:lol

but I agree with you as always..

and book ends is actually where a story starts one way..and ends exactly the same

you know the book ends on a book self that hold the stories together..so thats

*Will/Liz*story in the middle*Will/Liz

and they seem to LOATHE using book ends!..so much so its in their rules TWICE!! D

and when you look at the shitty blip in the radar theory and put it over the trilogy:

that means..it starts one way..has a bump in tne road..and then we learn it ends exactly the same!! laughing out loud

its a BOOK END if they do that!

so yeah right A BUMP IN THE ROAD..sure..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 13th, 2006 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 06:47 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

seriously, all their rules must have gotten tossed out the window by disney or something. cause there are book-ends all over the place.

and whats up with Gore saying he doesnt want to change Jack's character too much--- doesn't want to give him an arc?! ALL CHARACTERS must have SOME change going on, or else they dont work. and Jack HAS changed... a lot... and if he doesnt see that in the movie he is flipping making, thats a shame.

i still cant believe they just USED the character of Jack to try to spice up Liz and WIll's relationship. thats BS. its illogical.
its ridiculous. Liz making out with Jack will do nothing to making her and Will stronger-- cause I've NEVER seen her kiss Will that way.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 06:56 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

there are no book ends in potc??

movie 1..started out where she had no one..then she got Will

movie 2..started out with will..then she pretty much ended it gagging to be with Jack again and Jack ended wanting this woman in his life..(which makes me smile when i think f what Ted said "movie 2 is all the closure you need when it comes to the love triangle")..although at first glance! its not so obvious..because they needed to start movie 3 where Will/Liz seem right for one another..but it will change..

movie 3..apparently starts where Liz is after Will..or is trying to make it up to him and it seems as if Jack has slipped back into his old ways..so yeah..thats gonna change by the end again..

this is why the W/E shippers are all excited with those first pages of the draft script..well no T&T story starts and ends the same..dumb asses!

I found it strange how certain pages were "lost" from the draft script lol!.and the ones that did appear where the ones where will/Liz have their chatty moments..a set up ay?..all the Jack/Liz parts were pretty negative too..what was on those other pages Disney?? where there's a bit of chemistry between Jack/Liz perhaps?

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 13th, 2006 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 07:09 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote