KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » The inevitable truth

The inevitable truth
Started by: Fianchettoer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I never thought of that.

However, that arm had no chip, it was just an arm basically.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 02:37 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Benhacker
What about the arm that got torn off in in between the two steel cogs in the steel mill ?

Benhacker cool

Heh, really good point. However, it was the chip that created Skynet, not the arm.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:08 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Benhacker
Terminator Future Prophet

Originally posted by Konjammenson
Heh, really good point. However, it was the chip that created Skynet, not the arm.

In the novels there are high tech circuitry in the arm of the T-800 Terminator

Benhacker cool

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:54 PM
Benhacker is currently offline Click here to Send Benhacker a Private Message Find more posts by Benhacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

You couldn't really do much with a mangled cyborg arm wedged in between two cogs. It might've looked pretty advanced for its time, but it didn't have any particular use.

However, if it was Arnie's cyborg head wedged in the cogs, then they might've been able to recover something from it, such as the microprocessor chip for example lol. But only it was still intact/in working order?

But an arm? I'm not too sure an arm alone could've led to T3 happening hehe! big grin

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:43 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Ah but Mostow found a way..

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 03:07 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Benhacker
Terminator Future Prophet

Originally posted by RevoWution™©®
You couldn't really do much with a mangled cyborg arm wedged in between two cogs. It might've looked pretty advanced for its time, but it didn't have any particular use.

However, if it was Arnie's cyborg head wedged in the cogs, then they might've been able to recover something from it, such as the microprocessor chip for example lol. But only it was still intact/in working order?

But an arm? I'm not too sure an arm alone could've led to T3 happening hehe! big grin

...all of Miles Bennett Dyson's research was backed up(he had no idea) on off site computers by Cyberdyne Systems and in between T2 and T3 Cyberdyne Systems is taken over by the U.S. Government, who rechristen it Cyber Research Systems(CRS).

Benhacker cool

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 11:26 PM
Benhacker is currently offline Click here to Send Benhacker a Private Message Find more posts by Benhacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

It was mentioned in the T2 Infilitrator novel that the arm had advanced circuits and relays that they used to start developing the hardware. The materials of the arm were also more advanced so that spurred on some development as well. Afterward it is was found that Dyson had kept his own offsite backups at his house. The infilitrator found these backups and used them as a bargaining chip to get inside the company and help spur on the production of SkyNet.

Of course that doesn't fit with the T3 storyline, but it's possible that Dyson or Cyberdyne had backups. This would have slowed down the development of the chip (because they didn't have the chip itself anymore, but just research based on it) thus prolonging Judgment Day. The only problem is that Terminator relies on an infinite loop so Judgment Day should have always been postponed. Sarah should have always tried to stop Judgment Day and should have always only postponed it.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 06:16 PM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by Big Sexy
The real hard thing for me to grasp is Terminator 2. How could Sara, John, and the Terminator alter the timeline. Wouldn't it be just as fluid and unchangeable as the 1st movie?

Yeah I know.

kinda goes with the whole Judgment day being inevitable thing from T3.

Do you think only one guy or company would come up with idea for a chip or computer that runs automonously, makes decisions and learns.

That would postpone it.

Though I don't why the terminator in T3 knew that if history was altered.

I don't debate about timetravel movies anymore. If I like it for whatever it is, then thats fine with me.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 01:17 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does anyone have The Terminator (widescreen) on tape? The scene cutting his eye you can see the full face reflection on the mirror. Only his hand is shown on DVD.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 04:06 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
History Buff

Its interesting to read some of your posts but i think you guys are over analysing things with the whole altered timeline talk.

I think it comes down to this: when the original Terminator was made (early 80s) James Camerron and Arnie were relatively unknowns. They made Terminator on a tight budget and probably had no idea it would become the HUGE hit it did! With that in mind they had Reese sleep with Sarah never knowing that it would essentially screw up the whole notion of them traveling back through time to save her and that John Conner had sent Reese to protect her. It had to do with what seemed the logical thing to do in the script. The writers weren't planning on how potential sequels would lead to inconsistencies.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 09:29 PM
History Buff is currently offline Click here to Send History Buff a Private Message Find more posts by History Buff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

Originally posted by chriscaffee
It's an infinite loop. Kyle Reese was always John's father. There is no "original" timeline.

..It's not an infinite loop. It's called a 'predestination paradox'. God some of you people are stupid to catch on.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 09:32 AM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote