KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » There Should Be A Star Trek Forum!!!!!

There Should Be A Star Trek Forum!!!!!
Started by: Scarecrow756

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syren
dreaming

laughing out loud

Bad arguments against stick out tongue

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 02:47 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Thorinn
I like Star Trek, but it's a bit boring, plus all the nerds will get upset about who was the best captain.

So I would vote no.

No different than us Star Wars "nerds" arguing about whether or not the OT was better than the PT, or Yoda vs. Dooku or whatever. erm

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 09:15 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Originally posted by Impediment
No different than us Star Wars "nerds" arguing about whether or not the OT was better than the PT, or Yoda vs. Dooku or whatever. erm
Very true.

But I have learned not to ever go back into the SW vs. forums again. messed

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 01:56 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Clearly there's some support, but not enough erm

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 05:16 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

Originally posted by Syren
Clearly there's some support, but not enough erm

I am trying to raise some support in one of my current Star Trek threads.

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 06:13 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Fingers crossed big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 06:41 PM
§P0oONY

I say "no" tot the idea of a Star Trek forum... The last thing I want to see is a whole bunch of trekkies flooding into the forum... Man I hate Star Trek fans... In fact I'm pretty sure I hate fanboys of anything... Especially anything Anime related but that's a whole other matter... ****ing Otaku bastards...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 06:59 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Man, I was sure I posted in this thread..what the hell...anyways....I forward Thorinn's "Babylon 5" ....and I guess also the weird smilie he used.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 07:11 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by §P0oONY
I say "no" tot the idea of a Star Trek forum... The last thing I want to see is a whole bunch of trekkies flooding into the forum... Man I hate Star Trek fans... In fact I'm pretty sure I hate fanboys of anything... Especially anything Anime related but that's a whole other matter... ****ing Otaku bastards...

Why Star Trek fans in particular? It's a bit harsh to label all fans and say you hate them.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 04:38 PM
§P0oONY

Why Star Trek fans in particular? It's a bit harsh to label all fans and say you hate them.

It's not Star Trek fans in particular, it's all fanboy types. I realise it's a bit harsh but what are they going to do about it? Hit me with their +1 Mace?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 08:13 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Fair enough, if gross generalisation works for you then who am I to lecture?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 08:43 PM
§P0oONY

Tired stereotypes rock!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 08:51 PM
Syren
dreaming

Yeah

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 12:02 AM
Scarecrow756
The Joker

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3472202

If this news is true and a new Star Trek film is coming out then we derseve a Star Trek forum. mad

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 05:24 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Movie coming out does not automatically mean there will be a large enough demand for a seperate forum...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 05:26 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

But it stands a much better chance, Lana. You sound like you're 100% against the idea and that's not really fair.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 05:28 PM
Scarecrow756
The Joker

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Lana is right. You don't need to instruct me on Trek having a fan base. I am a sci-fi geek, you know.

But there has been no visible demand for it here- and people requesting a forum and there actually being demand for it are two very different things. I remember the hardcore appeal for a Tarantino area, which pretty much went nowhere.

You have two big problems here, other than the fact that there does not seem to have been much popularity for Trek threads in the sci-fi forum (even when the series was still running!)

The first is that Trek is a split franchise, tv and films. Star Wars is absolutely unique as an area in this forum for being a crossover, and that necessitates it being split up with a separate EU area, and even all that is only as a result of its history at this site. Trek is essentially a tv franchise, and it is nowhere near as big, on this forum, on the tv franchises that do have their own sub-areas in the tv forum.

The second is that there is no Trek franchise currently being shown or even under serious development. 'Lost' and 'Smallville' have their own areas based entirely on being hot at the moment. Trek isn't hot- quite the contrary, it has gone cold.

When it starts up again... that will be a better time to look at this.

Until then, the best way for you to prove me wrong is to make a Trek thread in the TV talk area and see if it becomes hugely popular.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 05:30 PM
Peach
mordrem

But it stands a much better chance, Lana. You sound like you're 100% against the idea and that's not really fair.

Well, I don't like Star Trek, but I really don't care either way about a forum for it.

He's making it sound like there should be a forum for it because another movie might be coming out, and I'm simply saying that that still doesn't necessarily mean that there will be enough interest and demand for a seperate forum.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 05:31 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

Here are two Star Trek threads which I sense are going to become more and more popular.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f88/t423130.html (Your Favourite Star Trek Film set up by yours truly Scarecrow756)
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f36/t335130.html (The Best Star Trek Series set up by Electrocat)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 05:37 PM
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by Lana
Well, I don't like Star Trek, but I really don't care either way about a forum for it.

He's making it sound like there should be a forum for it because another movie might be coming out, and I'm simply saying that that still doesn't necessarily mean that there will be enough interest and demand for a seperate forum.

You're right. I hope that the new film gleans enough interest, to be honest. I'm not a fan as such but I do like Star Trek and I think there is a big enough fan base, even though they're not very active because at the moment there's nothing new to chew on smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 05:53 PM