KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S PREQUEL TRILOGY STAR WARS GAME- Teasers...

USH'S PREQUEL TRILOGY STAR WARS GAME- Teasers...
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S PREQUEL TRILOGY STAR WARS GAME- Teasers...

The Original Trilogy game is nearly a year old, believe it or not.

Due to various reasons, from plot being short to rules revamps to the recent Matrix factor, the return of the Prequel Trilogy game has been long delayed. The good news is, when it comes back it should be with rules, plot and future all assured for... well, for as long as I can see it being played, anyway!

To keep the flame alive in the meantime, this thread will be used for some teasters. And here are some mini tv trailier thingies I put together to get you all curious...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:39 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

CONSEQUENCES

Kakra, New Republic Core World

Primary Education Facility

The Professor spoke with confidence before the assembly of children, with their self-noting datapads and brainwave analysers feeding back to his desk.

“Today we are going to study a war.

“You grow up in a Galaxy where Skywalker commands the reborn Jedi Order, and politicians like Mon Mothma serve in the Senate. With such heroes within touching distance of the people, you could be forgiven for thinking that the struggle against the Empire is one we can look back on as merely exciting, adventurous, even fun. Our mighty heroes clashed with their sinister villains and we came out triumphant; their villains died, and their most famous and feared of all villains died in our cause, not theirs.

“It can never be that simple. Billions died, unknown, either fighting for us or caught in the middle. An entire planet sacrificed simply to intimidate others. Countless soldiers, pilots, spies, even diplomats never went home. They didn’t have to fight. They could have cowered ain fear, and gone on to live with their loved ones, who missed them dearly. But they chose to fight for us, and all of them died with purpose.

“And our heroes died too. In the final years of Skywalker and Solo, the return of a Jedi to our cause signalled a shift in the Force. Destiny was on our side. But it was not always so. In those early years, many, far too many of our heroes died, and live on now only in our memories.

“And even further back? When destiny was entirely against us? Where does it start?

“Well. The first ever hero of the Rebel Alliance was not a natural looking hero. His race is one we now associate with evil and death. But he was a Rebel before any of us realised that rebellion was necessary. He fought against the Empire before it even was the Empire. He never even knew what he was and what he did. He rallied other people who thought like him and could fight like him to his side, and fought for victory in a time when others found only death and despair.

“Without him, the Rebel Alliance might have been strangled at birth, and its first victory would have been nearly impossible. He probably never knew what he had achieved. Though perhaps, being the sort of person he was, he had an inkling that he was part of something larger. He is certainly a justification of the idea that doing good is always worthwhile, no matter how fruitless it seems to be at the time.

“His name was Xeth. Turn to your screens. Today we will study his war.”

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:39 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

NO-ONE COMES HERE ANY MORE

This man is played by the same person who plays Dallas. He also wears the hat. He is reclining lazily on a chair behind a messy desk.

“You boys are looking for a thief? Hell, that could have been anyone around here once.

“This is the richest planet in the sector, in the quadrant. Maybe even in the Galaxy. What thief wouldn’t want to be here? We had all sorts. Thieves, smugglers, merchants, hunters, miners, profiteers, managers, robots. Especially the robots.

“That was all a long time ago now. Now it’s just what you see. So I got a society here that is built on the remnants of the profiteers, miners, hunters, merchants, smugglers and thieves that got left behind. No-one in their right mind comes to Gondekorro any more.”

The man uses his right hand to rub against a shiny metal star that is attached to the left side of his jacket.

“Yes siree, that’s what I gotta take care of. And you want to look for a thief? Criminal scum, all of them. Of course… I am sure a group of law abiding citizens like yourself don’t know much about that kind of thing, do you?”

The camera pans around to look at who the man is talking to. It is the entire group of Dark Siders, wearing heavy coats, and very clearly the building directly opposite this one is on fire. Part of it, bisected by a lightsabre mark, falls down.

“Do you?”

BtVS

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:40 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

THE LONG WAIT

“Time catches up on everyone in the end. And those who have taken the path that I have chosen can be split into two groups. The patient and the stupid. Though it seems that most of the patient turn out to be stupid as well. But I have been very patient, and it has paid off well.

“The Force gives every being a chance to fulfil their destiny, or turn away from it. But I have made my own destiny. I have made my path my own to command.

“I have fought Jedi Masters. I have seen the greatest of the Light turn away to the Dark. I have seen a planet die in solar fire, and laughed as its population lay extinguished. I have taken down mighty enemies, and I have destroyed pitiful others who never had the slightest chance of hurting me. I enjoy acting in purpose and at whim in equal measure.

“Now the test for the destiny I have set for myself is at hand. My remaining enemies are few. Of the two who were entwined with my fate, one is burnt out and retired; his will weak. Not an enemy at all, now. The other turned a different way. People might say he has done a similar thing to me. It is all illusion. He is as pompous and restricted as he ever was, and that purpose now consumes him. I shall not see him.

“The Force works in traditional ways, and their lines should take up their struggle. No-one to face there, either. One dead, slain by the darkness that only he could see. Too late to stop him warning the others, though with amusement I watch his warning squandered. The other, injured, unable to fight. Injured by the machinations of that same pompous man. Even outside our struggle he tries to deny me.

“And so the line passes down still further. They will send children to try and kill me. So be it then. I knew it would come. I look forward to seeing them try. But I never knew which one it would be. Kenobi? Or Trilanger?

A door opens, revealing a Jedi sitting down quietly in a small hold on the ship. His name is Gallagher.

“But now it is clear. I didn’t plan this. The Force has returned this one to me. And his downfall began on a mission with Trilanger. What happens now, could not be more obvious.”

(It becomes clear that this last line was spoken out loud)

“My friends will rescue me soon,” says Gallagher.

“No they won’t.”

“They will! And not just Trilanger. Andro will never stop.”

Sienar laughs.

“I know! I can feel his barely suppressed anger coming for me even now. Delightful! I do hope you will encourage him, Gallagher. Encourage those feelings of failure, his shame, his anger…”

“Don’t try your childish tricks on me! I am no Padawan and nor are my friends. Your tricks will not tempt us!”

“You have no idea what I am capable of.”

“I know you are capable of arrogance, and arrogance is the downfall of all.”

“In thinking you can contest my will, the arrogance is yours. I've seen it before from your type. Your Master was a fool, and your father was complicit in his foolishness. And now... your friends will not rescue you. They will not stop me either. They will fail.”

“That is a song they have heard many times before, and it will never be true.”

“What they have heard before is of no consequence. Listen to me, Gallagher. Nothing you or your friends have ever faced is like me. Pirates? Slavers? Irrelevant. The Trade Federation? A pathetic obfuscation, thrown up in your way to hide the real menace. And even that menace itself is of no great consequence.”

“You are talking about the Sith…” says Gallagher, but Sienar presses on.

“And Kuylen? Blind. And how I would have loved to have seen the moment when he realised that blindness! A fool, with only one follower of any real insight.”

“How do you know these things?”

“I know more than you can comprehend. And so be sure. Be very, very sure. You and your friends have never fought anyone, anything like me. This time… they will meet far more than their match. And you know what, Gallagher? I can see into your heart. And you believe me!

Gallagher does not reply.

“We have arrived.”

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 09:58 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:40 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

eek!

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:52 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am kinda blowing a surprise with the Renegade thing there. But only slightly, and the delay makes it more important because really the Renegade players have no idea what the poin of their plotline really is.

Now you have an inkling.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:55 PM
Peach
mordrem

Damnit! Now I'm even more impatient to get back to this game!!!

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:56 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

We're ****ing shit up, that's all you need to know. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:00 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
We're ****ing shit up, that's all you need to know. stick out tongue

Yay destruction!

Am I the only one mildly frightened and disturbed at the thought of Dallas in Star Wars?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:02 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

No, not at all...
That scares me too...
And I'm exited. But its gonna be brutal. Sienar is Baaad...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:26 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Yay Xeth! Very cool plots all around, actually. I can't wait to pick back up with Andro. It's safe to say that he's forgot about the idea to study more of the Force than fighting. His singular focus is getting Gallagher back. I would say killing Sienar, but that's a little dark for a traditional Jedi, I think. Although, he is pissed, for a Jedi.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:55 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Once again, I'm honored to be starring in that plot. happy

Should be quite interesting, resisting the Dark Side. I wonder what there is to do while in captivity.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:07 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Can't wait for this

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:08 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
Once again, I'm honored to be starring in that plot. happy

Should be quite interesting, resisting the Dark Side. I wonder what there is to do while in captivity.

Stay on the Light Side 'till we come for you!

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:16 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Dallas in Star Wars? And apparently as a traditional sheriff? I know Star Trek always got its Old West adventure episodes, but this is crazy.

And I wouldn't let the Lighties or Renegades have any of it. Us Darkies get to play at cowboys! *childish giddiness*

Oh, and Dak is disappointed because this means he never kills Xeth.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 05:24 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Does it?

BtVS

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 08:24 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Does it not? *refuels Dak's desire to make bug kabob*

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 10:00 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Nah. You won't get me.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 06:45 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'll get a can of bug-killer...hehehehe...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 07:15 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Or maybe just a big fly swatter would work

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 07:28 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote