KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » book 3 of eragon

book 3 of eragon
Started by: Darth Grathius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr. Bacon
Who?

hmm i enjoyed the first two, and am awaiting the third, however it does seem to be just a combination of Star wars, LOTR, Harry Potter and Pit Dragon trilogy by jane yolen. It has some of its own stuff though. and i thought the third was to be called Inheritance?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 01:58 AM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curtmister

when the hell is the third book coming out

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 05:45 PM
curtmister is currently offline Click here to Send curtmister a Private Message Find more posts by curtmister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curtmister

its been like 2 years now

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 05:45 PM
curtmister is currently offline Click here to Send curtmister a Private Message Find more posts by curtmister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

well if he was still writing it it could take a while, i suspect it will be long considering everything he has to bring together yes

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 03:02 AM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Son_of_forsworn

i think it will come out soon.may be in august. i have seen somewhere i dont rember where im trying to find it agian. a cover that dosnt have eragons dragon but a diff dragon green cover and title empire.if i find it i will post a link.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 04:28 PM
Son_of_forsworn is currently offline Click here to Send Son_of_forsworn a Private Message Find more posts by Son_of_forsworn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkfloydkor

summer 08 is when it is scheduled to come out

thanks LifeInSepia, sig is AWESOME

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 08:37 PM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkinpark200

the author had a video on www.alagaesia.com that the 3rd books is coming out on september 23 2008.He said he would start the book with a major charater death.Also he said the third book would be so big he would have to make a fourth.So instead of a trilogy we got the inheritance cycle

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 06:33 AM
Linkinpark200 is currently offline Click here to Send Linkinpark200 a Private Message Find more posts by Linkinpark200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Council#13
Nope. When's it coming out anyway? I don't like Paolani as a writer, but I like the idea of his books

I don't like the writing either... personally think it's a load of blah... the story line's all right b/c it's straight starwars, LOTR, etc etc

Heard they were bringing out book 4 too... blatant bid for money, which is downright insulting to books in general

wouldn't surprise me if he goes for 5 if he can milk it long enough. He could go on b/c the books are run-ons anyway. You know Eldest might have been decent if it were about 400 pages shorter. Cut out all that middle fluff stuff.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 01:41 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
hmm i enjoyed the first two, and am awaiting the third, however it does seem to be just a combination of Star wars, LOTR, Harry Potter and Pit Dragon trilogy by jane yolen. It has some of its own stuff though.

well, there is no such thing as an original idea eh

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 12:45 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korosan
Your Best Friend

Eragon 3

Why has nobody been talking about it recently from what I seen on the forums? Just got to Alagaesia.com If you wanna know why I ask.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 02:15 AM
Korosan is currently offline Click here to Send Korosan a Private Message Find more posts by Korosan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkinpark200

The 3rd book is called brisngr it comes out on sept. 20th this year lookin foward to it.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 01:17 AM
Linkinpark200 is currently offline Click here to Send Linkinpark200 a Private Message Find more posts by Linkinpark200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korosan
Your Best Friend

Yes, I know, thats why I posted the website link. I figured after they announced it these boards would be going crazy over it >_> guess not

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 05:49 AM
Korosan is currently offline Click here to Send Korosan a Private Message Find more posts by Korosan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
oakling

I wasn't impressed by the first one; it was kind of enjoyable but it also showed the author's age - he's not old enough to distinguish between "cool idea!" and "overdone formerly-cool idea!" Does the series get better as he becomes a more practiced writer?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 10:04 PM
oakling is currently offline Click here to Send oakling a Private Message Find more posts by oakling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
achangel death

council#13 i am a devoute eragon fan. you sir are an idiot no offense. you wouldnt know a good book if it hit you in the face. whats youre idea of good writing?
as for the name of the book it is empire. its the ideas behind the story that makes a book good.

Old Post May 27th, 2008 03:38 PM
achangel death is currently offline Click here to Send achangel death a Private Message Find more posts by achangel death Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jasmine Mahony

It's turning into a four seris. Everyone has a different way of writing, that was his.

Your front door Key
Find its mate
Upon the gate
Turn it full
Push, don't pull!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 08:50 AM
Jasmine Mahony is currently offline Click here to Send Jasmine Mahony a Private Message Find more posts by Jasmine Mahony Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SparrabethRose

I'm really looking forward to it! I hope they don't continue to make those horrendous movies, though. They totally destroyed the books.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2008 07:24 PM
SparrabethRose is currently offline Click here to Send SparrabethRose a Private Message Find more posts by SparrabethRose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black_goku#1
Codac lord of underverse

ug indeed my heart sank the first few minutes in at the theater. im not gonna lie i am really really really stoked for the release of the third book. i want to know what weird twist had him change the name to brisingir other than it becomeing a cycle and not a trilogu. he said once you read the book you will understand.

Originally posted by oakling
I wasn't impressed by the first one; it was kind of enjoyable but it also showed the author's age - he's not old enough to distinguish between "cool idea!" and "overdone formerly-cool idea!" Does the series get better as he becomes a more practiced writer?

i applaud him for writting the way he does. he is bold and he became sucessful at a young age doing what moost cant and thats too bring back a dieing genre. if its such a dead concept then it funny to me how is making the big bucks on the book. as for his writting style he kinda hit what most authors do after a sucess....he drags out the details to give us a more vivd world...and sometimes it can get a little dry all in all i really really like it

thanks moviegeek
Jana lovevince,chris,coldfire

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 06:01 PM
black_goku#1 is currently offline Click here to Send black_goku#1 a Private Message Find more posts by black_goku#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is there a way we could get all you fans of shit books together, then burn wherever it is to the ground?

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 01:11 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black_goku#1
Codac lord of underverse

ok then...what books do you like?

thanks moviegeek
Jana lovevince,chris,coldfire

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 01:45 AM
black_goku#1 is currently offline Click here to Send black_goku#1 a Private Message Find more posts by black_goku#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, you know - this and that.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 01:50 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote