KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » Ush's Game Episode III- "Artifact"- Gumf archive

Ush's Game Episode III- "Artifact"- Gumf archive
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Oh no, we're goin to Tatooine? sad

Or we could go to Malastare, or some whimsical planet that Ush creates. The third one seems likely. big grin

Old Post Aug 4th, 2002 04:39 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

'REVENGE' ends on Friday. 'ARTIFACT' starts this weekend!

Various Dark Side absences have sadly slowed the finale for 'REVENGE' which didn't quite come off as planned. Never mind, we got most of the important bits done.

One way or another things will finish on Friday. At this point, any outstanding situation will be resolved. Then, epilogues will be added to both threads to explain the consequences of what happened. This may depress the Lightsiders, but they shouldn't worry too much. The threads will theb be closed; talk things over in the General Discussion thread if you so wish.

On Friday evening the new analysis threads will go up, which will tell people who won, reveal the full story of what happened, and provide opportunities for people to advance the skills and/or powers of their characters.

At some point a thread will be added which describes a scene that is happening inside the SW universe that, while I want you people to know it, it is an event that your characters are completely ignorant of. It should help people understand where this plot fits into the main Star Wars one, and answer something Rex has been talking about for a while as well.

The new game will appear on Saturday, at some point when I actually get up.

Hope to see you there!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 8th, 2002 06:44 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

My game will probably appear shortly after that. I have to get people to join and then we can start.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2002 08:05 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

when will you place it online? in the morning?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2002 08:06 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

btw, I will be sending Private Messages to all the Rpg people today or tomorrow. This includes Dexx and Finti, who want to join Ush's game as well.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2002 08:09 PM
yerssot

sp4mm3r roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 8th, 2002 08:10 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i just hope i won't have to go anywhere in this weekend.....oh well......c ya there.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 01:18 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gosh, I'm tired. I'll start the new game tomorrow.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 11th, 2002 12:03 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I was wondering why you didn't start it...

Old Post Aug 11th, 2002 12:12 AM
Dexx
wingless

yeah, i checked all day...,,tomorrow than

Old Post Aug 11th, 2002 01:30 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I checked all day too! To busy myself I went to the HeroMachine at ugo.com, then checked, then the forums for HeroMachine at ugo.com, then checked, then played gamecube for an hour, then checked, and so on.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2002 05:32 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Blimey, I didn't realise it would be quite so awaited! Well, a day's delay is probably well, to make sure everyone has read the epilogue and so on (though I still worry about Gundy...)

I'll kick it all off in a mo.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 11th, 2002 09:32 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Don't kick Moe! He's nice. big grin

Old Post Aug 11th, 2002 05:00 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

ARTIFACT- Guide to the Light Side Investigation

Ok, now the Light Side knows the broad outline of their mission, this guide should help them stay on the right track throughout.

First of all, a summary of the rules. This is an investigation, not a combat mission, and you are acting as police, not secret agents as you were before. So:

1. Your job is to accumulate evidence of Kuylen's activities, and follow the trail to the man himself. This means finding what he has been doing and why, finding where he has gone and going there, discovering who he might have been talking to and talking to them, and with any luck discovering why he is here before he is finished and being where he will be before he is.

2. You have authority but this is limited. Most people are happy to talk to Jedi but if you want to talk to them longer than THEY want to, you need evidence that they are relevant to the investigation. If you want to aggressively search somewhere, get a warrant. You won't get a warrant without good cause.

3. This is a COVERT mission. As far as nearly everyone is concerned, you are Jedi looking for criminals. Don't go dropping Palpatine's or Kuylen's name unless you have to as you will, respectively, upset Palpatine and alert Kuylen.

4. Some of you might want to be the sort of police who cut corners, ignore red tape and get results. You may try this approach but you had BETTER get results- justified results at that- or you are all for it. Remember, the Council is only lukewarm on this mission anyway and if you guys cause a diplomatic incident, it will not be good news.

Don't worry too much- this is actually a pretty simple case (I could write a complex mystery if I wanted to but thats not very Star Wars). It;s just a good idea for people to understand the rules.

Ok, now that is all understood, something that it might be worthwhile for you guys to do, as he is the target of your investigation, is to build up a profile of Kuylen. What sort of man is he? The more you understand this, the more you will be able to predict what he does.

So, let's kick off... why don't you people start listing what you know about Kuylen?

BtVS

Old Post Aug 17th, 2002 08:24 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

ARTIFACT- Dark Jedi survival guide

Well, folks, here you are, about the cause a load of devastation on a Republic world. A very different proposition than all the trouble you have cuased before! If you become too public then Malastare will make Damagran look like a milk run.

Here are some important rules to follow to avoid giving away your position:

1. Do not display your powers or lightsabres in public or where it will be recorded. This one sounds obvious but you will be surprised how easy it is to forget.

2. If you kill someone with a sabre or the Force, dispose of the body. PROPERLY. People looking for bodies have a lot of ways to find them. Better still, kill no-one at all unless you REALLY have to. All this body disposal will take valuable time.

3. Try not to piss people off. Pissed off people might go blabbing to the Order about you guys being here.

4. Think like Kuylen is thinking. The Dark Side is practical- you take what you want in the easiest way possible. Violence is normally the best way to solve many small problems (though not many big ones). But in THIS case, violence is far more complicated, because of the problems it will cause, than using some brainpower. Violence is your final option.

5. Now, obviously you don't have to worry too much about Jedi being around. After all, none of them know you are here! Do they? Of course not... um... but let's just say that it is a good idea to play it safe. So whenever you do something, think about how it might look to others. Say you use the mind trick to get into place 'X' which is important to you. No mess, no fuss, right? But say someone suspects you of wanting to go to X, and talks to the people that work there, and they find a guy who let some people in, but isn't quite sure why he did it. Hmm, what could THAT possibly be, eh?

Some forethought will be helpful to you all. However, don't fret too much. There shouldn't be much opportunity for you to cause yourselves too much trouble, but I feel better making sure you all know the guidelines above.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 17th, 2002 09:06 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

...he's a fallen jedi, ace at sabre-wielding

Old Post Aug 17th, 2002 09:09 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That certainly covers the base of it all. Keep on going.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 17th, 2002 09:11 PM
phinney6
consiglieri

stealthy, mysterious, ruthless, cunning

Old Post Aug 17th, 2002 10:28 PM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

'Mysterious' seems extreme. Kuylen hardly talks about his feelings all day long but he's pretty direct, really.

What things have struck you about Kuylen, from what you have seen of him?

BtVS

Old Post Aug 17th, 2002 10:34 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

When pursuing an objective, he's determined and merciless.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2002 01:32 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote