KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » 10 Years more Experienced Maul vs Full Power Grievous

10 Years more Experienced Maul vs Full Power Grievous
Started by: Darth Kreiger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Krieger

10 Years more Experienced Maul vs Full Power Grievous

We had a Maul vs. Grievous, but I think it's more fair if we give Maul 10 Years Experience, in Force, Lightsaber, etc, whatever you can think of

Setting=Naboo Power Station (Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan vs. Maul)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 04:52 AM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

maul...force lets him win.

"don't be so proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet, is insignificant next to the power of the force."

GG is too overrated...its funny on the back of his transformer box, it give him a 5 out of 10 for force ability...riiiiight.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 05:12 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

But then again this is full powered GG, the same GG who managed to take out 5 jedi at once. I say Maul wins, but it would be close. The force would be the deciding factor.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 08:50 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

The Jedi that you speak of were exhausted. Anyway, this Grievous lost to Mace Windu. According to LOE, Grievous's little computer brain could create a lightsaber form frighteningly like Vapaad, so he'd probably be able to create a fighting form much like the one Maul used, and figure out the weaknesses

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 12:02 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

We don't know if they had regained their strenght with the force. They didn't look tired either. But we cannot really know, but Grievous had fear on his side, which he won't have here...

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 12:06 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Ki-Adi-Mundi said to the Council, "True, we were exhausted, but since when did one enemy stand up to 5 Jedi?" or something along those lines confused

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 12:32 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Oh cool, didn't know that. big grin When did he say it? When they were in the Council in the CW? And that doesn't eliminate the fact that Grievous did it without too much difficult and while only using 2 swords, and that three jedi and 2 clone troopers ran from him...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 02:13 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Two of those Jedi were gravely wounded. They were also panting even before the fight began, and sweating, which are signs of fatigue. Maul wins, but it's close. I'd put TPM Maul + 10 more years of experience as even with Tyranus, but that's just speculation, and Tyranus > Grievous.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 04:54 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

They were? Who?

No, like 1 or 2 was panting before the fight, and Ki-Adi (no one else was sweating what I could see) was sweating because they heard Grievous come and prepared to face him and he tried to figure out which direction he would come in. One yelled "we cannot face him" and Ki-Adi replies "we must try, stay focused". (Pretty dumb, since Yoda trains Luke by saying, "there is no try, do or do not").

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 05:37 PM
-kV-
[:::::{============)

I highly doubt Maul reached his potential in TPM. I would say he would gone to be as powerful as Dooku. Dooku as we know can defeat GG.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 08:21 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

He had trained Grievous from scratch, he knew how he fought, he knew his unortodox style, even then he had trouble with him...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 08:46 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kamikz
They were? Who?

No, like 1 or 2 was panting before the fight, and Ki-Adi (no one else was sweating what I could see) was sweating because they heard Grievous come and prepared to face him and he tried to figure out which direction he would come in. One yelled "we cannot face him" and Ki-Adi replies "we must try, stay focused". (Pretty dumb, since Yoda trains Luke by saying, "there is no try, do or do not").

I know K'Kruhj was panting and was hunkered down near the ground, I can't remember if anyone else was panting. Ki-Adi was the only one we saw sweating but it he was I don't see why the others wouldn't be. They had just fought a big battle, they all must have been exhausted.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 09:08 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

They sweat because Grievous was closing in. They didn't sweat before that, they started to sweat because Grievous was coming, and they were scared of him...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 09:31 PM
Darth Subjekt

noooooo, it was said somewhere that at the time of TPM, Maul was about peaked out...he would never reach Dooku's level. Dooku was more powerful than the movies showed. The only thing Maul would gain with 10 years is some fighting experience, but not enough to Match Dooku or even OB1 (ROTS).

I will try to find where this was said about Maul, since i know there might be a fanboy or two out there chomping at the bit to defend him...and no im not referring to anyone in particular, so dont get your panties in a bunch.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 01:10 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
noooooo, it was said somewhere that at the time of TPM, Maul was about peaked out...he would never reach Dooku's level. Dooku was more powerful than the movies showed. The only thing Maul would gain with 10 years is some fighting experience, but not enough to Match Dooku or even OB1 (ROTS).

I will try to find where this was said about Maul, since i know there might be a fanboy or two out there chomping at the bit to defend him...and no im not referring to anyone in particular, so dont get your panties in a bunch.

He was a nublet in the Dark Side at the time, he could very well learn many Force Powers, Lightsaber skills, combat experience, and increase in power. Nowhere does it say he was peaked(unless you count his Youth being peak in strength and such), he was an Apprentice, not a Master

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 02:23 AM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

I've had this debate with Ush "Almighty", however, he can't be wrong. Ever. So I had to give up, but whatever. The actual quote goes as follows (and also note that this is not Qui-Gon's thoughts as people tried to say in the past debate, it's definitely the narrator telling you this as a factual statement):

"Darth Maul was a warrior in his prime, never to be any better, his powers at their apex."

-- The Phantom Menace novelization, Chapter 21 by Terry Brooks.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 02:44 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Originally posted by Advent
I've had this debate with Ush "Almighty", however, he can't be wrong. Ever. So I had to give up, but whatever. The actual quote goes as follows (and also note that this is not Qui-Gon's thoughts as people tried to say in the past debate, it's definitely the narrator telling you this as a factual statement):

"Darth Maul was a warrior in his prime, never to be any better, his powers at their apex."

-- The Phantom Menace novelization, Chapter 21 by Terry Brooks.

We can't know that is factual, as he only knew a few Force Powers from what we saw, and you can ALWAYS improve in Fighting Skills if you look at it in Real Life terms, Martial Artists always improve to perfect things, develop new moves, everything

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 02:48 AM
Advent
Just Leaving

Yes, but there's a thing called "potential" in Star Wars. We aren't limited (in a way, yes, but you know what I mean) to "potential". For example, once Anakin would reach his potential - how's he going to get any stronger? It's basically a level cap (think Warcraft, some RPG, etc.).

EDIT: And according to Ush "Almighty", you can take it in a different way, in which case it'd still be factual.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Last edited by Advent on Sep 29th, 2006 at 03:05 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 03:01 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Originally posted by Advent
Yes, but there's a thing called "potential" in Star Wars. We aren't limited (in a way, yes, but you know what I mean) to "potential". For example, once Anakin would reach his potential - how's he going to get any stronger? It's basically a level cap (think Warcraft, some RPG, etc.).

EDIT: And according to Ush "Almighty", you can take it in a different way, in which case it'd still be factual.

I guess that makes sense, but you see where I'm coming from? The Jedi/Sith had to practice/focus in order to learn Powers over long periods of time, so he SHOULD be able to learn more Force Powers.

Lightsaber skills I dunno, I see it in Martial Arts type ranking, at 3rd Degree Blackbelt, you're usually declared Master level, and can take students, yet then there's Grandmasters at like 10th Degree, just the same as almost every Jedi of some importance being a "Master" of their respective form, yet then there's people like Obi-Wan who are THE Master of their Lightsaber form. I would assume he is still capable of improving in that

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 03:53 AM
Darth Subjekt

right but you have to understand that not everyone would make it that far. Everyone has their limit. lets say you and i made it to 3rd degree black belt, just cause we can do that in no way means we can get to 5th degree, let alone 10th. Otherwise, everyone would do it. Vader was never a master, but i would only Sidious above him due to what the flanneled one said. Maul was in his prime,(thanks advent for the quote, i just couldnt remember where to look). Once youre topped out, thats it, thats why only one person could be the "one". If anyone could be powerful enough to fulfil the prophecy, then they would have. Now i know that might not be the best example being that Ani never reached his potential, but i think you see where I'm coming from.
Now i think maul could maybe improve slightly on his saber skills he already had, but in no way could ever rival Dooku.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 04:10 AM