KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » 10 Years more Experienced Maul vs Full Power Grievous

10 Years more Experienced Maul vs Full Power Grievous
Started by: Darth Kreiger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Krieger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
right but you have to understand that not everyone would make it that far. Everyone has their limit. lets say you and i made it to 3rd degree black belt, just cause we can do that in no way means we can get to 5th degree, let alone 10th. Otherwise, everyone would do it. Vader was never a master, but i would only Sidious above him due to what the flanneled one said. Maul was in his prime,(thanks advent for the quote, i just couldnt remember where to look). Once youre topped out, thats it, thats why only one person could be the "one". If anyone could be powerful enough to fulfil the prophecy, then they would have. Now i know that might not be the best example being that Ani never reached his potential, but i think you see where I'm coming from.
Now i think maul could maybe improve slightly on his saber skills he already had, but in no way could ever rival Dooku.

The only problem in advancing much past 3rd degree is finding a suitable Master of higher rank. Palpatine was probably the greatest master of Juyo, so he does have that factor helping his improvement. And Midichloriens don't automatically determine your Ability do they? I'm sure with work they are capable of becoming stronger, it's just harder.

I doubt it would only be "slightly", I'd say he could go up with the greats in saber skill, Force Powers, he could at least learn Grip/Crush like every other Sith.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 04:28 AM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

mmmmm...i still doubt it though. Palps had him since he was a small boy and didnt really release him til he was about peaked out. I dont know, I dont think he would lean many more powers. We know he knows push, throw, and most likely grab...he may even crush but when fighting two fast Jedi, he wouldnt have the time to utilize them. And i really don't want to turn this into a "force power/strike attack simultaneously" debate like with Ox, but i dont think he could risk using a power that takes a little more time. I think, based on what i've read and heard, that he was peaked out in TPM, and any improvement would be minimal. Thats just me tho.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 05:12 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

mmmmm...i still doubt it though. Palps had him since he was a small boy and didnt really release him til he was about peaked out. I dont know, I dont think he would lean many more powers. We know he knows push, throw, and most likely grab...he may even crush but when fighting two fast Jedi, he wouldnt have the time to utilize them. And i really don't want to turn this into a "force power/strike attack simultaneously" debate like with Ox, but i dont think he could risk using a power that takes a little more time. I think, based on what i've read and heard, that he was peaked out in TPM, and any improvement would be minimal. Thats just me tho.

Another thing, he probably couldn't train Maul much till Plagueis died, and even Jedi don't really learn much until being Knighted, before that they're crap, Maul was probably at Knight level at the time of TPM, not Master

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 05:19 AM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

right but what im saying is, not everyone is bred to be Masters. And i know you can say whats the point of picking an apprentice that wont be that good, but at the same time, theyre sith...in the back of their minds they dont want someone stronger than them cause they dont want to be betryed.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 05:25 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

In the situation of Grievous defeating five Jedi mentioned earlier, they were indeed very fatigued. Prior to the events captured in the cartoon, they had survived their flagship being shot down (the large Acclamator ruins they fought in) and waged war, without reinforcements, against a full army of super battle droids.

So, it's kinda less amazing, even though it's rather scary.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 05:49 AM
Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

right but what im saying is, not everyone is bred to be Masters. And i know you can say whats the point of picking an apprentice that wont be that good, but at the same time, theyre sith...in the back of their minds they dont want someone stronger than them cause they dont want to be betryed.

Actually, the Sith liked their Apprentices to betray them, Sidious did at least, he was hoping Vader would become leet, and take over, and he also wanted Maul to try and actually kill him

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 11:26 PM
Darth Subjekt

ummm yeaaaahh...im gonna need something to back that up with. That doesnt seem very sith like. I know Sidious said Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us...but remember what Yoda said earlier, "lies, mistrust are his ways now." or something close to that. Sith often lie. They all want more power. If Palps wanted Vader to take him over, then why spend over 20 years getting to the point where he was FINALLY in control, just to be overthrown later that same night or next day? I'm referring to Anakin telling Padme that he could overthrow him, which i took to be somewhat of an immediate plan. At that point, I dont believe that Anakin still liked Palps, I think he just wanted to use his power to save Padme. I mean he told him to his face he would certainly like to kill him...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 12:35 AM
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Maul has gone beyond getting his ass kicked by padawans, he wins.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 12:13 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dispray

Maul because of Force powers.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Dispray a Private Message Find more posts by Dispray Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote