KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Alpha Flight: Sasquatch Respect Thread

Alpha Flight: Sasquatch Respect Thread
Started by: King_Mungi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-K-M-

---------------------------------------------
Intelligence
Marvel Two-In-One #83 (Vol.1): Sasquatch I
Giant Man/Goliath is stricken with radiation poisoning and is dying. Mr.Fantastic can't fix it, so he calls in the expert. Walter never did cure him in the end, but the mention is still a feat.

1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...oinone83_05.jpg
2. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...oinone83_06.jpg
Transformation
Marvel Two-In-One #83 (Vol.1): Sasquatch I
This is the process Walter use to have to undergo to transform into Sasquatch. Also to note, this goes into the Sasquatch vs. Thing fight and Walter even admits he is weakened. What annoys me is people keep spouting off Thing was weakened, and thing was traveling all across Canada to find Walter. Yet, he took a rocket and there was no mention of him being weakened. Fanboys for ya.

1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...oinone83_10.jpg
2. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...oinone83_11.jpg
3. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...oinone83_12.jpg

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 02:11 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Also to note, this goes into the Sasquatch vs. Thing fight and Walter even admits he is weakened. What annoys me is people keep spouting off Thing was weakened, and thing was traveling all across Canada to find Walter. Yet, he took a rocket and there was no mention of him being weakened. Fanboys for ya.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...oinone83_12.jpg
I hate to bring this up again but Thing does say "I'm wasted! I'd like to drop in my tracks" in that last scan. He's tired from trying to find Walters campsite. Sasquatch admitts he's weak and so does Thing. big grin

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 06:29 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Naaaa, I don't think he meant tired physically as the rocket did all the work. I'm almost postive he meant mentally tired as what lead up to that event clearly showed he was distress with Goliath's situation.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 09:55 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Great Beast
Alpha Flight #19 (Vol.1): Uncontrolable
A powerful Shaman makes comment "there is no one in all the world with power enough to truely harness and control a Great Beast".

1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...Flight19-10.jpg
Alpha Flight #19 (Vol.1): Age & Ability
Another confirmation that the Great Beasts are older than the Earth and as stated "you (Ranaq) can do anything you please to". Ranaq is playing along with the cowboy as he wants to trick him in making him his human host so he can fully enter our dimension

1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...Flight19-13.jpg

Old Post Nov 10th, 2006 11:11 PM
-K-M-

Durability
ROM: Space Knight #57 [Vol.1]: Sasquatch I
Here Sasquatch survives hundred of tons of water crashing onto him, with no ill effects

1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...eknight5713.jpg
2. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...night571415.jpg
3. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...eknight5716.jpg
4. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...eknight5718.jpg
5. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...eknight5719.jpg

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:47 PM
-K-M-

Battles
Alpha Flight #130 (Vol.1): Strongarm (Sasquatch I)
Here Sasquatch quickly deals with the Omega Flight member Strongarm, but ripping his arm right off. Proves Sasquatch is a wookie

1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...light130-19.jpg

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 06:40 PM
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

[Strength
Alpha Flight #5 (Vol.3): Sasquatch I
Pissed off Sasquatch brings down the house....literally. Sasquatch lets out a blow in the Plodex ship that brings all the realities together. Some members came from the arctic, some Montreal, etc. He punched a hole in the trans-displacement dimension to bring them all together

1. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...aFlight0423.jpg
2. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...ght3/AF5_03.jpg
3. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...ght3/AF5_04.jpg
4. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...t3/AF5_0405.jpg
[/center] [/B]

Is it just me or does it look like he's just destorying the 2 pilars next to him? IMO that doesn't equal punching through dimensional barriers. He's just destroying a machine which affects the reality. That's how I see it. Apologies if I'm wrong, but that's what I got from the scans.

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 05:40 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Jyppe
Is it just me or does it look like he's just destorying the 2 pilars next to him? IMO that doesn't equal punching through dimensional barriers. He's just destroying a machine which affects the reality. That's how I see it. Apologies if I'm wrong, but that's what I got from the scans.

Nope, the pillars were just there. They wern't even near the source of the trans-displacement machine and the fact that none where actually in the same location. Some where in Montreal, the arctic, Edmonton...etc. If it was just destroying the pillars none would have been brought to where Sasquatch was.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 05:45 PM
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

Nope, the pillars were just there. They wern't even near the source of the trans-displacement machine and the fact that none where actually in the same location. Some where in Montreal, the arctic, Edmonton...etc. If it was just destroying the pillars none would have been brought to where Sasquatch was.

So.. What's there to indicate that he punched a hole in the reality. It just looks like he's smashing colums holding the thing. Like they state, the whole thing is caused by the ship. Well, destroying part of the ship might help, wouldn't it?

Does anyone else think he smashed a hole in the reality?
confused

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 02:56 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

So.. What's there to indicate that he punched a hole in the reality. It just looks like he's smashing colums holding the thing. Like they state, the whole thing is caused by the ship. Well, destroying part of the ship might help, wouldn't it?

Does anyone else think he smashed a hole in the reality?
confused

Nope, like I said they wern't even in the ship yet it was a trap to stop people from actually entering the ship. They as stated were not all in the same room at the same time, he got angry and performed this feat. It's definetly more than breaking some pillars.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 05:06 PM
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

Nope, like I said they wern't even in the ship yet it was a trap to stop people from actually entering the ship. They as stated were not all in the same room at the same time, he got angry and performed this feat. It's definetly more than breaking some pillars.

Yet it doesn't look different at all. IMO It's not clear enough to declare it as "breaking a dimension punch"

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 08:50 PM
-K-M-

Yet it doesn't look different at all. IMO It's not clear enough to declare it as "breaking a dimension punch"

It was, because afterwards they were teleported directly to Alpha Flight who was captured, basically due to Walter wanted that to happen. Prior none were even in the ship yet.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 10:39 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

That feat is kinda vague imo. It's hard to tell exactly is going on there. Unless I am missing something.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 03:40 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by snoopdogg
That feat is kinda vague imo. It's hard to tell exactly is going on there. Unless I am missing something.

Basically all I listed, he broke down the dimension and by doing so teleported everyone in the Plodex ship directly in front of Alpha Flight the ones they were trying to look all over Canada to find. I don't know if it's the pillars or his arm but his arm seems to be glowing even right up to his shoulder. Anyways far more happened to just knocking down the pillar, even Sasquatch was shocked that it happened the way it did. As mentioned the angry he gets the stronger he gets to Elder God status.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 04:04 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

King I don't think you posted Sasquatches fight with Champion. I know he lost but still Champion is suppose to be one of the toughest f*ckers in the universe.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 03:26 PM
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

Your scan inscription says they're in the Plodex ship..

Besides, they are clearly all in the same room, some of them are just walking on the walls. The fact that they can hear each other tells us something.

Eh, they all ended up in to the trap dimension/room where the device is located. He destroys the 2 colums which connect to the odd looking device. It's simple 1 + 1 = 2.

1. Sas & others are seperated, but still in the same room
2. Sas gets mad and destroys some random part of the machine
3. The machine is apparently disabled and they end up together again.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 03:47 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 07:12 PM
-K-M-

Your scan inscription says they're in the Plodex ship..

Besides, they are clearly all in the same room, some of them are just walking on the walls. The fact that they can hear each other tells us something.

Eh, they all ended up in to the trap dimension/room where the device is located. He destroys the 2 colums which connect to the odd looking device. It's simple 1 + 1 = 2.

1. Sas & others are seperated, but still in the same room
2. Sas gets mad and destroys some random part of the machine
3. The machine is apparently disabled and they end up together again.

Eh? no it doesn't. Few pages before they even made comments about their trying to find the Plodex ship but can't find it and end in the traps.

Actually no their not, they even said that in the page their not in the same room.

Nope, definetly more to what your saying.

1. Nope they even stated their not in the same room
2. Nope, they wern't even near the source of the machine
3. Nope, that wasn't how the trans-displacement trap works.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 07:54 PM
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

quote:
Sasquatch lets out a blow in the Plodex ship that brings all the realities together.

Isn't this what you had written?

quote:
Actually no their not, they even said that in the page their not in the same room.

Yet they also comment that they are indeed in the same room. And how come they appear in the same screenshot all together? Some of them are just on the walls.

1. it is also stated that they are in the same room, but at the same time they aren't. I can clearly see them all in the same room, so I'l belive my own eyes as there isn't an explanation
2. How do you know?
3. Educate me, how does it work?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 12:23 AM
-K-M-

Isn't this what you had written?

Yet they also comment that they are indeed in the same room. And how come they appear in the same screenshot all together? Some of them are just on the walls.

1. it is also stated that they are in the same room, but at the same time they aren't. I can clearly see them all in the same room, so I'l belive my own eyes as there isn't an explanation
2. How do you know?
3. Educate me, how does it work?

Yeah, it's much easier to desribe as trans-displacement traps are not the most easiest to explain.

Incorrect, "We somehow all ended up in the same place, even though were not really in the same place at all." or "like were all here, but we're not?" Their not in the same place.

1. Yet they can only hear them, not see them. It's a means to show the readers
2. Because I don't know...have read the actual issue roll eyes (sarcastic) Here's a better question, how do you know? Have you read the issue?
3. They came from different points in Canada first a holographic image from their minds comes up and shows them a memory from their past such as Centinnel remembering the time he was in Chicago during the prohibition and if they triumph over the dream trap they are now in the trans-displacement trap even though they never left their location.

Here tommorow I will post the scans that led up to being in the trap as your trying to debate a point you never even read.

edit: Thanks for basically hijacking the respect thread.

Last edited by -K-M- on Dec 23rd, 2006 at 01:20 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 01:17 AM