KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Alpha Flight: Sasquatch Respect Thread

Alpha Flight: Sasquatch Respect Thread
Started by: King_Mungi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-K-M-

Alpha Flight #4 (Vol.3)
Here the events and scans to what happened before Sasquatch punched down the trans-displacement trap

Three things we know:
1. They came from three seperate locations
2. No one entered the ship yet
3. We know something else went on since if Sasquatch merely broke the pillar and that was it, they all would have been sent to his location in Calgary. However, we know something more happened as the entire team was teleported to the arctic where the ship was, and teleported directly in the middle of the ship right in front of Alpha FLight the ones they were trying to find all across Canada.

1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0408.jpg
2. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0409.jpg
3. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0410.jpg
4. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0411.jpg
5. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0412.jpg
6. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0413.jpg
7. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0414.jpg
8. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0415.jpg
9. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...ight0416-17.jpg
10. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0418.jpg
11. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0419.jpg
12. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0420.jpg
13. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0421.jpg
14. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0422.jpg
15. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0423.jpg

Last edited by -K-M- on Dec 23rd, 2006 at 05:12 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 05:08 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Sorry King Mungi, I know we had our differences in the past but I don't see a reality hole punch. It's not clear enough. embarrasment

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 06:01 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Sorry King Mungi, I know we had our differences in the past but I don't see a reality hole punch. It's not clear enough. embarrasment

What? I just provided the scans. How clear does it have to be?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 06:27 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Yeah, it's much easier to desribe as trans-displacement traps are not the most easiest to explain.

Incorrect, "We somehow all ended up in the same place, even though were not really in the same place at all." or "like were all here, but we're not?" Their not in the same place.

1. Yet they can only hear them, not see them. It's a means to show the readers
2. Because I don't know...have read the actual issue roll eyes (sarcastic) Here's a better question, how do you know? Have you read the issue?
3. They came from different points in Canada first a holographic image from their minds comes up and shows them a memory from their past such as Centinnel remembering the time he was in Chicago during the prohibition and if they triumph over the dream trap they are now in the trans-displacement trap even though they never left their location.

Here tommorow I will post the scans that led up to being in the trap as your trying to debate a point you never even read.

edit: Thanks for basically hijacking the respect thread.

quote:
Yeah, it's much easier to desribe as trans-displacement traps are not the most easiest to explain.

You should fix the scan inscription, just to avoid mix ups smile And, could it be that the writer of the comic just happened to pull the name "Trans-displacement trap" from his *ss?

quote:
Incorrect, "We somehow all ended up in the same place, even though were not really in the same place at all." or "like were all here, but we're not?" Their not in the same place.

Isn't that an oxymoron? We are here, but we aren't here. How does one interperate "We're all here, but we're actually not here"?

quote:
1. Yet they can only hear them, not see them. It's a means to show the readers

Which is odd, one could argue that that's because they're not looking down/up/diagonally. As some of them are walking on walls and such. smile

quote:
2. Because I don't know...have read the actual issue roll eyes (sarcastic) Here's a better question, how do you know? Have you read the issue?

Eh? It was you who stated that they weren't near the source of the machine? Was it stated on panel or something? And yes, I have read the crappy issue, but it's been a while. Isn't this the goal of a respect thread? To educate the stupid people on the character and their feats?

quote:
3. They came from different points in Canada first a holographic image from their minds comes up and shows them a memory from their past such as Centinnel remembering the time he was in Chicago during the prohibition and if they triumph over the dream trap they are now in the trans-displacement trap even though they never left their location.

quote:
Here tommorow I will post the scans that led up to being in the trap as your trying to debate a point you never even read.

Thanks for the scans, but no thanks for the assumptions.

They do mention something about portals, so could those be just ordinary portals which lead all the members into the trap dimension. I mean, Sasquatch smashes the pillar. Everything comes down. I mean like physically everything crashes. I don't see him punching a hole in the reality, I see him smashing 2 pillars which connect to the stages/paths/(the machine) they're standing on. Can you clearly proof it that he did indeed punch a hole in the reality? That the pillars had nothing to do with the breakdown?

This reminds me too much about the debate whether DeathVerine was enhanced or not :/

I wouldn't have brought this up if it was clear like when Juggernaut punched down the dimensional barriers. Now, we can't really say for sure (At least I can't, but hey. I don't like Alpha Flight :rolleyessmile

Who else thinks it's clear that Sasquatch punches through the reality?

quote:
edit: Thanks for basically hijacking the respect thread.

Oh, come on.. Your thread is like 3 pages long, what harm does a friendly debate do? Besides, don't you like have a a one huge thread for the whole team already? Do you even have any more scans for the Sas?

Isn't this what the thread is for? Respecting Sas? I can't respect him if I'm not sure whether the feat is truly what you put it out to be. Anyway, if you want, I will stop posting in this thread, but then the matter will stay unresolved.

Don't you agree that's it's not entirely sure that Sasquatch punches through the reality? What the hell would be the pillars there for then, the artist put them there for a reason?

And again, no hard feelings though smile

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 07:16 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Jyppe
You should fix the scan inscription, just to avoid mix ups smile And, could it be that the writer of the comic just happened to pull the name "Trans-displacement trap" from his *ss?

No, as the trans-displacement dimensional trap is shown in other comics, it wasn't merely pulled out of his ass.

Isn't that an oxymoron? We are here, but we aren't here. How does one interperate "We're all here, but we're actually not here"?

Did you see the scans? their not there as stated. They were all in the Arctic, Calgary and elsewhere. Their not in the same location, just like how Rutherford wasn't back in Chicago

Which is odd, one could argue that that's because they're not looking down/up/diagonally. As some of them are walking on walls and such. smile

Nice try, but no. They were looking around as they could hear them but couldn't see them. Don't you think if you hear your teammates you wouldn't look around?

Eh? It was you who stated that they weren't near the source of the machine? Was it stated on panel or something? And yes, I have read the crappy issue, but it's been a while. Isn't this the goal of a respect thread? To educate the stupid people on the character and their feats?

Actually yes, as the source of the machine is in the arctic where the Plodex ship is. Sasquatch was in Montreal, completly away from the source of the Plodex trap. If you read it you would have known they came from 3 seperate locations, yet you argued I can see them so that means they have to be in the same location.

Thanks for the scans, but no thanks for the assumptions.

They do mention something about portals, so could those be just ordinary portals which lead all the members into the trap dimension. I mean, Sasquatch smashes the pillar. Everything comes down. I mean like physically everything crashes. I don't see him punching a hole in the reality, I see him smashing 2 pillars which connect to the stages/paths/(the machine) they're standing on. Can you clearly proof it that he did indeed punch a hole in the reality? That the pillars had nothing to do with the breakdown?

This reminds me too much about the debate whether DeathVerine was enhanced or not :/

I wouldn't have brought this up if it was clear like when Juggernaut punched down the dimensional barriers. Now, we can't really say for sure (At least I can't, but hey. I don't like Alpha Flight :rolleyessmile

Who else thinks it's clear that Sasquatch punches through the reality?

Assumptions? that's what happened. Do you want me to provide scans of the Plodex ship in the Arctic. Do you want me to provide scans of after the trap broke that they were instantly teleported in front of Alpha Flight. It's not assumptions as that's what directly happened.

No they never mentioned portals, and if it was merely breaking the pillars which there was more than two but the entire team would have been sent to Sasquatch's location in Calgary not in the Arctic and not directly in front of the captured Alpha Flight. I posted all the scans, explained in and it clearly shows it's vastly more than just knocking down pillars. As even in different locations all over Canada, Sasquatch destroyed the ceilings and floors and all were teleported to the Arctic. Even Sasquatch's arms are glowing performing this feat.

Remember, Sasquatch is an Elder God older than the Earth and the personification of Death on Earth when it was first commencing to come alive. The angry Sasquatch gets the stronger he gets. From the scans we clearly see it's vastly more than just punching a pillar.

Oh, come on.. Your thread is like 3 pages long, what harm does a friendly debate do? Besides, don't you like have a a one huge thread for the whole team already? Do you even have any more scans for the Sas?

Isn't this what the thread is for? Respecting Sas? I can't respect him if I'm not sure whether the feat is truly what you put it out to be. Anyway, if you want, I will stop posting in this thread, but then the matter will stay unresolved.

Don't you agree that's it's not entirely sure that Sasquatch punches through the reality? What the hell would be the pillars there for then, the artist put them there for a reason?

And again, no hard feelings though smile

Yes, I do. However, this is a Sasquatch respect thread not Alpha Flight. No I don't, not until Omega Flight comes out.

Your not respecting Sasquatch at all, basically your saying something didn't happen when it did. Then I provide scans and then you say I'm making assumptions but that's what is shown in the actual comics.

No it's pretty obvious more happened than that, as why did they get teleported to the Arctic and in front of Alpha Flight? Also no, there were other pillars in the cavern or Sasquatch's location as well. We can see them behind Puck II.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 07:41 PM
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

quote:
No, as the trans-displacement dimensional trap is shown in other comics, it wasn't merely pulled out of his ass.

Then, my bad. Which ones?

quote:
Did you see the scans? their not there as stated. They were all in the Arctic, Calgary and elsewhere. Their not in the same location, just like how Rutherford wasn't back in Chicago

Uh, wasn't the Chicago thing just a vision or something similiar? Aren't they (Nemesis and the Old guy) in the arctic before the vision?

quote:
Nice try, but no. They were looking around as they could hear them but couldn't see them. Don't you think if you hear your teammates you wouldn't look around?

I hope you did realize that I was merely kidding when I wrote that..... And maybe you wouldn't as they didn't know that the gravity was different for the others. It does tell us a lot that they could hear each other. Can you hear you buddies from all the way from Artic when they're in Calgary.

quote:
Actually yes, as the source of the machine is in the arctic where the Plodex ship is. Sasquatch was in Montreal, completly away from the source of the Plodex trap. If you read it you would have known they came from 3 seperate locations, yet you argued I can see them so that means they have to be in the same location.

My bad then, but I kinda got the picture that they all ended up in the same place. The Captain Mappleleaf or whatever he was called says they're looking for a portal and he knows the coordinates. Didn't Sas and the girl enter some kind of portal when Sas played the dance game?
And if they're all travelling towards one location in a shape of triangel aren't they bound to meet in their destination? They all met next to the ship, but as the trap was on, they couldn't see each other and apparently didn't see the ship either.

I'm entirely aware that they all came from 3 different locations, but they seem to enter some kinds of portals during their trips.

quote:
Assumptions? that's what happened. Do you want me to provide scans of the Plodex ship in the Arctic. Do you want me to provide scans of after the trap broke that they were instantly teleported in front of Alpha Flight. It's not assumptions as that's what directly happened

*sigh*
quote:
as your trying to debate a point you never even read.

This is what I meant by an assumption. I used plural form though.. Well, it is kind of an assumption to say Sasquatch punched through a reality when it's not clear he did.

quote:
No they never mentioned portals

Yes they did.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0409.jpg

"Entry portal".

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0415.jpg

"Entrance System"

quote:
and if it was merely breaking the pillars which there was more than two

Exactly why Sasquatch comments that it shouldn't have happened or that it was easy.

quote:
but the entire team would have been sent to Sasquatch's location in Calgary not in the Arctic and not directly in front of the captured Alpha Flight.

But they weren't at Calgary, Sas and the girl entered some kind of entrance system and then they headed up towards the tunnel untill they were in the "same" room with the others.

quote:
I posted all the scans, explained in and it clearly shows it's vastly more than just knocking down pillars. As even in different locations all over Canada, Sasquatch destroyed the ceilings and floors and all were teleported to the Arctic. Even Sasquatch's arms are glowing performing this feat.

Wow! his hands were glowing! Like that has never happened before... Wolverine's hands glow at times, Colossus' hands glow at times. They must be breaking through the reality too!!!!!! I, me, myself. Got the impression that they all did arrive to the ship, but were seperated because of the defense system.

Tell me, does Moleman usually hold his base in the arctic?

quote:
Remember, Sasquatch is an Elder God older than the Earth and the personification of Death on Earth when it was first commencing to come alive. The angry Sasquatch gets the stronger he gets. From the scans we clearly see it's vastly more than just punching a pillar.

No we really can't, and how could I forget that the guy who's taken over by an elder god get's knocked around by depowered Juggernaut! I'm sure his strenght didn't grow into god like levels in a second. Hell, it even takes Hulk a looong ass time to get to such levels. And I'm sure Sasquatch fights for the control.

quote:
Yes, I do. However, this is a Sasquatch respect thread not Alpha Flight. No I don't, not until Omega Flight comes out.

Is he even part of the new Omega Flight? Admitted that I did see a scan of him jumping on top of him, on another forum, but is he revealed to be part of the team? Wasn't he supposed to be a part of the CW too?

quote:
Your not respecting Sasquatch at all, basically your saying something didn't happen when it did. Then I provide scans and then you say I'm making assumptions but that's what is shown in the actual comics.

You're getting pretty worked up about this aren't you? I'm not respecting Sasquatch at all? Why do you think I entered this thread in the first place? Just because one feat is unclear, IMO, I don't respect him anymore? Sure, right. Guess I don't respect Wolverine either for not thinking his ownage of Alpha Flight (Well, he did hold his own for a long time) is BS? That I disrespect Juggernaut because I think his & Sasquatches fight was BS? That I disrespect Thing for thinking that Sasquatch said that Thing is stronger than him is BS?

And by assumptions, I mainly meant the fact that you commented that I hadn't read the issue.

quote:
No it's pretty obvious more happened than that, as why did they get teleported to the Arctic and in front of Alpha Flight? Also no, there were other pillars in the cavern or Sasquatch's location as well. We can see them behind Puck II.

Maybe That's why he commented that it was too easy or something. Could you tell me what happens in the end of the issue? Short inscription will do and will most appreciated. smile I don't feel like D/Ling the whole Chronological X-men pack 12 again.

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 08:39 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Then, my bad. Which ones?

Appeared in Avengers before and I believe New Warriors. None broke it though, they just escaped.

Then
Uh, wasn't the Chicago thing just a vision or something similiar? Aren't they (Nemesis and the Old guy) in the arctic before the vision?

That's my point, even though they believed they were in Chicago they wern't. Just like how the trans-displacement trap as they stated they wern't really there. They never left the location, and yes they were the only ones in the Arctic closest to the Plodex ship, but still aways off as they noted later.

I hope you did realize that I was merely kidding when I wrote that..... And maybe you wouldn't as they didn't know that the gravity was different for the others. It does tell us a lot that they could hear each other. Can you hear you buddies from all the way from Artic when they're in Calgary.

That's the point of the trap, as they could hear them but they wern't really there. They couldn't see them, it was a means to disorient. No I can't, but I'm not in a trans-displacement trap now am I?

My bad then, but I kinda got the picture that they all ended up in the same place. The Captain Mappleleaf or whatever he was called says they're looking for a portal and he knows the coordinates. Didn't Sas and the girl enter some kind of portal when Sas played the dance game?
And if they're all travelling towards one location in a shape of triangel aren't they bound to meet in their destination? They all met next to the ship, but as the trap was on, they couldn't see each other and apparently didn't see the ship either.

I'm entirely aware that they all came from 3 different locations, but they seem to enter some kinds of portals during their trips..

Nope, because the Plodex has many hubs underground but there is only one mother hub as shown with the Master's base in the Avengers.

It;s different as the Plodex ship as the Master's Plodex base covered the entire Northern Hemisphere. There are many ways to enter into the base, but not actually be in the headquarters. Also no, as they mentioned they wern't in the same location

This is what I meant by an assumption. I used plural form though.. Well, it is kind of an assumption to say Sasquatch punched through a reality when it's not clear he did.

Except there are grounds for it, even the Collector was shocked that Sasquatch halted a Boxer an interdimensional trap from the Vegan timeline. The elder of the universe, believed to be impossible

Yes they did.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0409.jpg

"Entry portal".

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aFlight0415.jpg

"Entrance System".

No, they were looking for the central hub, which is located in the middle of the Plodex ship that has teleportation capabilities allowing them to pop up anywhere. However, of course that was located in the Arctic far away from Sasquatch.

Exactly why Sasquatch comments that it shouldn't have happened or that it was easy.

So Sasquatch planned all that? no. He just did it, does that mean he didn't do it? no. It just was unexpected.

But they weren't at Calgary, Sas and the girl entered some kind of entrance system and then they headed up towards the tunnel untill they were in the "same" room with the others.

Nope, they were in Calgary as the Plodex systems cover all of Canada, and United States shown in Avengers during the Kang Wars.

Wow! his hands were glowing! Like that has never happened before... Wolverine's hands glow at times, Colossus' hands glow at times. They must be breaking through the reality too!!!!!! I, me, myself. Got the impression that they all did arrive to the ship, but were seperated because of the defense system.

Tell me, does Moleman usually hold his base in the arctic?

No they don't, and we know from just that image showing was happening. Something unique, and no you would be wrong as they were not in the ship until after they destroyed the trap as shown. Then they were directly teleported to where Alpha Flight was being held.

Actually we don't know where that base was located. Only Centinnel and Nemesis as stated went to the North Pole.

No we really can't, and how could I forget that the guy who's taken over by an elder god get's knocked around by depowered Juggernaut! I'm sure his strenght didn't grow into god like levels in a second. Hell, it even takes Hulk a looong ass time to get to such levels. And I'm sure Sasquatch fights for the control.

Actually he was far from Tanaraq there, as noted the angry or pain he feels the stronger he gets as Tanaraq begins taking over his mind. He holds back as he noted, but there his anger punching the trans-displacement trap let it out. In Alpha Flight he transformed into Tanaraq in seconds after Snowbird attacked him and Snowbird had to transform into Tanaraq herself to stop him. It was even commented the more he transforms into his Sasquatch form the more Tanaraq is taking over his mind. That was stated in volume.1

Is he even part of the new Omega Flight? Admitted that I did see a scan of him jumping on top of him, on another forum, but is he revealed to be part of the team? Wasn't he supposed to be a part of the CW too?.

As of yet we don't know if he will join the team or not, but he appears in issue #1 knocking out the Wrecking Crew and Oeming stated the Great Beasts will appear, and Sasquatch is Tanaraq's avatar after all. There's no mention he will be part of Civil War as yet, but Omega Flight was created due to the events of Civil War.

You're getting pretty worked up about this aren't you? I'm not respecting Sasquatch at all? Why do you think I entered this thread in the first place? Just because one feat is unclear, IMO, I don't respect him anymore? Sure, right. Guess I don't respect Wolverine either for not thinking his ownage of Alpha Flight (Well, he did hold his own for a long time) is BS? That I disrespect Juggernaut because I think his & Sasquatches fight was BS? That I disrespect Thing for thinking that Sasquatch said that Thing is stronger than him is BS?

And by assumptions, I mainly meant the fact that you commented that I hadn't read the issue.

Of course as I have read the entires series from vol.1-3 and their various tie-ins with the Plodex and other members of Alpha Flight. I know what they are capable of. Then I explain what happened and then you say I'm making assumptions of what happened but that's what happened. He's an Elder God, Mauvais who Dr.Strange was unsure he could beat was terrified of the Great Beasts. However, your right I overeacted it's due to I was getting agitated from two debates in the vs. forum and your getting part of it.

Maybe That's why he commented that it was too easy or something. Could you tell me what happens in the end of the issue? Short inscription will do and will most appreciated. smile I don't feel like D/Ling the whole Chronological X-men pack 12 again.

End of the series resulting in two teams of Alpha FLight created, one the original team was in space rebuilding the Plodex homeworld and then there were temporal copies of the original team from the past brought to the present. They were summoned by Shaman to correct the temporal issues and they were not allowed to be sent back into their own timeline as they were brought here for a reason.

So we don't know if it was the temporal copies or the original team that fought and died against the Collective in New Avengers #16

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 09:52 PM
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

quote:
Appeared in Avengers before and I believe New Warriors. None broke it though, they just escaped.

Hmm, okay. Can you give me issue numbers so I can look them up. I'm afraid (For your luck smile) I can't really continue debating the matter at hand without further information.

quote:
That's my point, even though they believed they were in Chicago they wern't. Just like how the trans-displacement trap as they stated they wern't really there. They never left the location, and yes they were the only ones in the Arctic closest to the Plodex ship, but still aways off as they noted later.

But wasn't the Chicago thing a mere illusion? Nothing more than that. I got the idea that it was just part of the defence system. That the Trans-displacement wasn't activated before that. Where did the Cap and the warrior guy begin their journey from?

quote:
That's the point of the trap, as they could hear them but they wern't really there. They couldn't see them, it was a means to disorient. No I can't, but I'm not in a trans-displacement trap now am I?

Buuut.. I kinda got the picture that they all ended up in the same place. If not.. Well, My basis is screwed.

quote:
It;s different as the Plodex ship as the Master's Plodex base covered the entire Northern Hemisphere. There are many ways to enter into the base, but not actually be in the headquarters. Also no, as they mentioned they wern't in the same location

But wasn't that because of the trans-displacement trap? Isn't that why they mentioned they weren't in the same place, but they are..

quote:
No, they were looking for the central hub, which is located in the middle of the Plodex ship that has teleportation capabilities allowing them to pop up anywhere. However, of course that was located in the Arctic far away from Sasquatch.

Wouldn't this mean that Sas & the girl were teleported/portalled a lot closer to the place?

quote:
So Sasquatch planned all that? no. He just did it, does that mean he didn't do it? no. It just was unexpected.

Which one of these options sounds more plausible?
1. Sasquatch & co are located in the trap. They have no way out. He's bothered by everything that has happened recently. He smashes 2 colums next to him and the trap is disabled
2. Sas & co are located in the trap. They have no way out. He's bothered by everything that has happened recently. He smashes a hole in to the reality bringing everything together.

Which of these options shouldn't have worked? A break of 2 mere colums struck me as the more unlikely solution to the problem.

quote:
Nope, they were in Calgary as the Plodex systems cover all of Canada, and United States shown in Avengers during the Kang Wars.

Damn my ignorance.. Maybe they just walked a lot :P? Or maybe more reasonable they were teleported a lot closer to the centre of the ship.

quote:
Something unique, and no you would be wrong as they were not in the ship until after they destroyed the trap as shown.

So you want to get into the artistic details "eh"? Well, explain why the colums were added into the picture? They must have had some unique purpose, other than misguiding normal readers.

quote:
Then they were directly teleported to where Alpha Flight was being held.

How does a punch through the reality accomplish something like this?

quote:
Actually he was far from Tanaraq there, as noted the angry or pain he feels the stronger he gets as Tanaraq begins taking over his mind. He holds back as he noted, but there his anger punching the trans-displacement trap let it out. In Alpha Flight he transformed into Tanaraq in seconds after Snowbird attacked him and Snowbird had to transform into Tanaraq herself to stop him. It was even commented the more he transforms into his Sasquatch form the more Tanaraq is taking over his mind. That was stated in volume.1

Well, you're the Canadian one, so i'll take your word for it smile

quote:
He's an Elder God, Mauvais who Dr.Strange was unsure he could beat was terrified of the Great Beasts.

Dr.Strange always underestimates his own abilities. After all, in the end it was Wolverine & Aplha Flight who ruined his day. Where was Tanaraq during that battle? And I don't even remember seeing him next to the other great beasts when Mauvais-Wendigo was transported to their lair.

quote:
However, your right I overeacted it's due to I was getting agitated from two debates in the vs. forum and your getting part of it.

Try not to take it so seriously. This is only a friendly debate IMO. No disrespect or anything. That's what the Vs forums are for wink

And after all, I'm just confused about the whole thing. In the beginning it was quite hard for me to understand how the trap works (And it still kinda is) and you HAVE to admit that it SHOULD be a lot clearlier if he was punching through the fabric of reality. We had to go through all this just to get to some kind of conclusion.

Meh, Maybe I'm just stupid.. no expression

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 09:45 PM
-K-M-

Hmm, okay. Can you give me issue numbers so I can look them up. I'm afraid (For your luck smile) I can't really continue debating the matter at hand without further information.

Well none are going to be Plodex traps, but same principle. Alpha Flight #16 (Vol.2) in the new Tower of Babel, everyone is confused and Puck refers to this place like Heaven driven by faith. The others I will have to look though my collection, or possible the marveluniverse fansite has some bios already up to post the link for.

But wasn't the Chicago thing a mere illusion? Nothing more than that. I got the idea that it was just part of the defence system. That the Trans-displacement wasn't activated before that. Where did the Cap and the warrior guy begin their journey from?

Yes it was an illusion, but as they noted they never were teleported anywhere they were in the same location, but not really in Chicago. Just like how they wern't together during the displacement trap as they could hear them, but not see them and even stated they wern't in the same place. We don't know, wasn't stated.

Buuut.. I kinda got the picture that they all ended up in the same place. If not.. Well, My basis is screwed.

They wern't as stated, they were all in different locations. So Sasquatch brining them together is a major feat and more importantly brining them to Alpha Flight that was trapped.

But wasn't that because of the trans-displacement trap? Isn't that why they mentioned they weren't in the same place, but they are...

No the central Hub as shown is in the center of the Plodex ship, and no they stated they wern't in the same place.

Wouldn't this mean that Sas & the girl were teleported/portalled a lot closer to the place?

No as the central Hub for the ship was located in the Arctic, they started off in Calgary. If he merely destroyed the trap they all would have fell to his location in Calgary, but they didn't and ended up in the arctic even in front of the captured Alpha Flight.

Which one of these options sounds more plausible?
1. Sasquatch & co are located in the trap. They have no way out. He's bothered by everything that has happened recently. He smashes 2 colums next to him and the trap is disabled
2. Sas & co are located in the trap. They have no way out. He's bothered by everything that has happened recently. He smashes a hole in to the reality bringing everything together.

Which of these options shouldn't have worked? A break of 2 mere colums struck me as the more unlikely solution to the problem.

Number two as Sasquatch has the history dealing with interdimensional traps which were thought to be impossible by an Elder of the Universe. Just two pillars hold the entire dimensions the team were in is more plausible? we know there was more than just those two. As noted Sasquatch can become an Elder God, Odin a skyfather shook the entire multi-verse at one time.

Damn my ignorance.. Maybe they just walked a lot :P? Or maybe more reasonable they were teleported a lot closer to the centre of the ship.

Nothing was shown on panel of them teleporting anywhere.

So you want to get into the artistic details "eh"? Well, explain why the colums were added into the picture? They must have had some unique purpose, other than misguiding normal readers.

There were several columns, not just those two. Do you seriously believe the entire "dimensions" they were in merely rest on just those two pillars? Now that's unlikely.

How does a punch through the reality accomplish something like this?

How does a trans-displacement trap do something like that? we don't know. However, in the past an Elder of the Universe believed halting a Boxer, an interdimensional trap from the Vegan timeline was impossible yet an angry Sasquatch performed the feat. Sasquatch has the backing of an Elder God channeling through him.

Dr.Strange always underestimates his own abilities. After all, in the end it was Wolverine & Aplha Flight who ruined his day. Where was Tanaraq during that battle? And I don't even remember seeing him next to the other great beasts when Mauvais-Wendigo was transported to their lair.

Actually it was the Gods of the Arctic who ruined his day, after his powers wern't divided he was killing them till the Gods arrived. Sasquatch knows what he can do and fears it, as it resulted in his death the first time he lost control. Sasquatch as noted holds back his strength due to fear of letting Tanaraq take control. Well neither was Ranaq or Kolomaq, but we know they are still around.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 12:10 AM
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

I'll reply to your other points later on as my time is limited at the moment, but wasn't Sasquatch purged free from the influence of Tanaraq? I remember him living in the body of then deceased Snowbird.
I remember him calling himself Wanda Langkowski or something similiar.
Doesn't this mean that he's not influenced by Tanaraq anymore?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 08:50 PM
jinzin

I'll reply to your other points later on as my time is limited at the moment, but wasn't Sasquatch purged free from the influence of Tanaraq? I remember him living in the body of then deceased Snowbird.

yes, that's been a point of interest that's been left ambiguous at best. hmmmm.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 09:09 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Nope, even when Snowbird took Sasquatch's form Tanaraq took control of her on multiple occasions even though she wasn't his avatar. In Alpha Flight #59 (Vol.1), Tanaraq did this and commanded her body. Then in the Alpha Flight annual they made a comment she runs the risk of Tanaraq taking control just by assuming his form

1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...l01-1986-16.jpg
2. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...l01-1986-17.jpg

Watler went by Wanda for awhile, but as I posted on the first page Snowbird returned him back into a man. After the Wanda thing was cleared up in Alpha Flight #68 (vol.1), it was commented in Alpha Flight #119 (vol.1) Walter was starting to lose control every time he takes Sasquatch's form. Tanaraq had control even over Snowbird's body, which Walter uses.

1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...light119-03.jpg

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 10:07 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

The way I understand it is that Walter is not influenced by Tanaraq anymore. That's the way the guys at my LCS explained it to me as Walter is using a 3rd Sasquatch form.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Dec 31st, 2006 04:03 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by snoopdogg
The way I understand it is that Walter is not influenced by Tanaraq anymore. That's the way the guys at my LCS explained it to me as Walter is using a 3rd Sasquatch form.

What? I just proved above Tanaraq still influences him, and even Oeming stated in interviews Sasquatch is still influenced by him and the Great Beasts will be making an apperance in Omega Flight. Walter is using Snowbird's body, and merely transforming into his form as stated in vol.1 and vol.3 Tanaraq is slowly taking control even with Snowbird. Who ever said Tanaraq is not influencing him is wrong, as when he was Wanda the Great Beasts even approaced Wanda about joining them.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2006 07:22 AM
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

Btw, I'm sorry we got your respect thread quite filled up. We could ask a moderator to remove all the unnecessary posts from taking space in your thread smile

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 01:14 PM
Clobberin Time!

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Naaaa, I don't think he meant tired physically as the rocket did all the work. I'm almost postive he meant mentally tired as what lead up to that event clearly showed he was distress with Goliath's situation.
You're wrong I think. He would not have said he would drop dead in his tracks if he wasn't tired physically. Thing was tired also.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 05:12 PM
Clobberin Time! is currently offline Click here to Send Clobberin Time! a Private Message Find more posts by Clobberin Time! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Btw, I'm sorry we got your respect thread quite filled up. We could ask a moderator to remove all the unnecessary posts from taking space in your thread smile

Don't think they can delete posts

Originally posted by Clobberin Time!
You're wrong I think. He would not have said he would drop dead in his tracks if he wasn't tired physically. Thing was tired also.

I have the entire comic and physically he didn't do anything. The rocket did all the traveling out of anything he was mentally tired. Have you seen Sasquatch feats? other than just looking at the Thing mention? Sasquatch is vastly stronger than Thing.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 10:25 PM
-K-M-

---------------------------------------------
Battles
Omega Flight #1 of 5: Wrecking Crew [Sasquatch I]
An emotional distraught Walter still reeling from Alpha Flight dying has become a shell of himself. He's drinking and doubting himself as shown in the first page, and when he arrives to take the Wrecking Crew he basically was landing the heavier blows (making them bleed far more) and shrugging of theirs. He was doing exceptionally well until he had a mental breakdown and had a flashback of AF dying promting him to stop and start crying. The Crew took this opportunity to throw a tanker on him and jumping him when he was on the ground then the issue ends. Man the crew were evil in this issue, killing dozens of people and raping several woman. Looks like they have been brought back to their non-jobbing forms as Thor busters. My money is on Talisman coming to his aid or Tanaraq appears, as interview from Kolins hinted at the crew is going to be killed.

1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...ht01pg17_18.jpg
2. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...ht01pg19_20.jpg
3. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...light01pg21.jpg
4. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...light01pg22.jpg
5. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...light01pg23.jpg

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 03:25 AM
-K-M-

Battles
Machine Man #18: Machine Man [Sasquatch I]
Ordered by Department H to investigate Machine Man as it was him who sent Hulk to Canada after Machine Man defeated him. So Alpha Flight is instructed to bring Machine Man in as they think he has ties to the American Government, but it was all just a trick. This was classic Sasquatch who didn't know he gained his powers from Tanaraq, and at this time whenever he changed he actually became weakened temporally. So he wasn't 100% and Machine Man was still shocked by his strength, "Sasquatch's sensational strength is almost beyond comprehension"

1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...met/MM18-13.jpg
2. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...met/MM18-14.jpg
3. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...met/MM18-15.jpg
4. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...met/MM18-16.jpg
5. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...met/MM18-17.jpg
Strength
Machine Man #18: Sasquatch I
Sasquatch possesses "almost limitless strength"

1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...met/MM18-07.jpg

Old Post May 1st, 2007 02:27 AM
-K-M-

Strength
Omega Flight #2 of 5: Sasquatch I
After being defeated by the augmented Wrecking Crew [revealed on Marvel site interview] Sasquatch gets tortured by Thunderball. Here shows his strength of will where Thunderball is getting so upet that even though he is torturing him Walter doesn't make a sound.

1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...light02pg08.jpg
2. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...light02pg14.jpg

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 09:48 PM