KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » which race would you chose?

which race would you chose?
Started by: [email protected]

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ensatsu-ken
Being a mix between an elf and a human would be pretty cool. However, if I had to choose, I suppose that I'd want to be an Elf.

Actually, on second thought, I would want to be an Ainur like Gandalf. That would just be so kick-ass wink .

Yeaaah can elves be ainurs? Gandalf was human wasnt he? Powerful but still human.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 11:44 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ensatsu-ken
Ultimate Vampire

Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeaaah can elves be ainurs? Gandalf was human wasnt he? Powerful but still human.

Technically the name of magic beings in LOTR is "Ainur." However, I suppose if you carefully look at it, he is basically a Wizard (just a human with magical powers/abilities).

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 07:27 PM
ensatsu-ken is currently offline Click here to Send ensatsu-ken a Private Message Find more posts by ensatsu-ken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

That's definately a hard question because I'd LOVE to be anything from the [good] side. I'd love to be a small hobbit and live in the greenness of the shire, I'd love to have the powers of a wizard like Gandalf, I'd love to be as beautiful and graceful as an elf like Arwen, I'd love to fight like Eowyn of the "man" race. stick out tongue

I see you shiver with antici-

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 02:30 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gandalf was not human. He was a Maiar.

So put me down as a Maiar; if not, then the average man will do. It's through this race that Middle Earth is saved, after all.

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 08:29 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NickLOTR

I want to be an Istari Wizard. A White Istari Wizard. This way i could be inpervious, and also go to the undying lands.

i remember reading that Gandalf was called an "Istari" idk what all these other words mean.. like maiar.... I read he's an Istari wizard sent to earth by the Valor.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 11:18 PM
NickLOTR is currently offline Click here to Send NickLOTR a Private Message Find more posts by NickLOTR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wildboy

One third Dwarf... they are good fighters.
One thirs Elf... 'cause there immortal an' hav all kinds o' special weapons an1 stuff.
One third Man. AN' would want the powers o' Gandalf.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 08:24 PM
Wildboy is currently offline Click here to Send Wildboy a Private Message Find more posts by Wildboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

mmm....definatly not a dwarf, an elf is immortal and how much times would you be bored in a lifetime? haha.

Perhaps a gaurd at Gondor or maybe a hobbit - Hobbits do a lite bit of farm work and drink and party all the time, yay!

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 12:23 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

I'm not a big fan of LotR, but I guess I'd be an elf.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:29 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Secret Fire
Diverse, progress, change

Alot of people are saying elfs. I don't think they understand that being immortal is bittersweet. It's sweet as you live forever and yet your body can die, your spirit cannot, and so when you body does pass away, you go live on in the Undying Lands. HOWEVER it's also very bitter as you would watch the centuries go by, your family, friends and loved ones die and you will never see them again and you watch the world grow old and the glory and appeal that Middle-Earth once had has far diminished (this is exactly how Galadriel and Elrond felt towards the end of their time on Middle Earth). It would take strong people to endure that.

Last edited by The Secret Fire on Oct 19th, 2007 at 11:06 AM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 11:03 AM
The Secret Fire is currently offline Click here to Send The Secret Fire a Private Message Find more posts by The Secret Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Secret Fire

Captain REX said "Gandalf was not human. He was a Maiar. So put me down as a Maiar; if not, then the average man will do. It's through this race that Middle Earth is saved, after all."

Not entirely. Without the influence of certain Maiar they would not have the guidance and wisdom to endure some of the events that they did.
It is a collaborative effort of all (good-willed) races that they constantly triumphed over evil. That is of course one of the messages of LOTR.

NickLOTR said "I want to be an Istari Wizard. A White Istari Wizard. This way i could be inpervious, and also go to the undying lands.

i remember reading that Gandalf was called an "Istari" idk what all these other words mean.. like maiar.... I read he's an Istari wizard sent to earth by the Valor."

The Istari were not impervious. Not physically anyway! I mean for crying out loud they were old men, they aren't exactly bodybuilders, as that wasn't fitting for their purpose. They could die quite easily under the cloak of an old man (Gandalf and Saruman prove this, Gandalf's death was amazing as he endured so much before dying). Their spirit is the immortal part of them. They were only as physically strong as your grandparents my friends!

Gandalf, like other immortal beings, had many classes and orders. He didn't just belong to one only. He was a Maiar, an Ainur and an Istari.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 11:32 AM
The Secret Fire is currently offline Click here to Send The Secret Fire a Private Message Find more posts by The Secret Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Secret Fire

I personally would be okay with anything. Just to be in Middle Earth would be an experience in itself.

Oh and if you guys were one of the Istari you wouldn't use all these "cool superpowers and spells, etc". Your power as one of them would be limited because of your cloak as an old man (if you can understand that, they were not invincible remember, they were old men), and your obligation as being sent on a mission (secrectly from a higher power (the Valar and Eru) as they were directed to keep their real identity as immortal spirits a secret to the small people of Middle Earth. Only other Maiar and the highest elves (Galadriel and Elrond namely) knew who they really were) to direct the free peoples of Middle Earth to resist Sauron and his servants. You wouldn't be blasting fireballs at orcs and battling balrogs as alot of you think. Although that would be pretty sweet huh :P

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 11:47 AM
Akhnar

Laugh

I would pick to be a god even if there isnt any in LOTR or maybe like Sauron hes like half a god and the ring is another half so that would make him a GOD so I would pick to be a GOD = Sauron.All the powers in the world to change everything as I want.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 10:12 PM
Akhnar is currently offline Click here to Send Akhnar a Private Message Find more posts by Akhnar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akhnar

Cool

Reply to secret Fire:

U can be a magician and a fighter its called Battlemage theres lots of kind of them but that really means that ur a mage that has wisdom and will fight in wars to defend with hi great power and wisdom.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 10:16 PM
Akhnar is currently offline Click here to Send Akhnar a Private Message Find more posts by Akhnar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Secret Fire

Theres NO such thing as a battlemage in Tolkiens/Jacksons ME, Akhnar.

I think you're getting confused with Dungeons and Dragons or something..

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 10:38 AM
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Elf, elf, elf........just a cute little elf.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 01:58 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hamboy

Valar. I win.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 04:50 PM
hamboy is currently offline Click here to Send hamboy a Private Message Find more posts by hamboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I dont know as long as am with eravin lolz

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 09:22 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
addicted2flicks

elves of course... i want to be pretty and stuff and with those pair of pointy ears it would be a bonus... and of course not to mention the flawless skin that glows outstandingly... weapons of choice bow and arrow with elven daggers... swift and quick... big grin

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 12:06 PM
addicted2flicks is currently offline Click here to Send addicted2flicks a Private Message Find more posts by addicted2flicks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cap'n Happy

Originally posted by fini
HObbits!!!!!!

although I would not want to be like rosie......... 13 children? Yikes!!!!

Whole lota Rosie! AC/DC was right.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 07:40 AM
Cap'n Happy is currently offline Click here to Send Cap'n Happy a Private Message Find more posts by Cap'n Happy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElvishDream

I would be either an ent or an elf
Though i wouldn't wana live in mirkwood. Sounds dreary

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 06:41 AM
ElvishDream is currently offline Click here to Send ElvishDream a Private Message Find more posts by ElvishDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote