KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Whats Stronger, Adamantium or Vibranium?

Whats Stronger, Adamantium or Vibranium?
Started by: Galan777

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sapphiremouse
well after reading abit...didnt know this. the entry to the handbook of marvel universe is false. in 2001 Avenger annual they said the shield is vibranium/steel which took place after Capt. America annual 8. so im not sure where the writers got all crossed up.

im old used to the old ways in comics, seems they always changing ideas and concepts.
well if im not mistaken in the 616 universe caps shield is vibranium, and some other kind of metal...... but in the Ultimate universe his shield is purely adamantium

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 04:54 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sapphiremouse

i know nothing of the 616 or ultimate universes. i havent bought a comic in about 6-8 years. ive just my collection and general knowlege from back in the 80's and early 90's

Think i got all disgruntled when they made wolverines claws actually apart of him and made out of bone. think marvel was desperately lookin for a gimick to sell issues.

Ive always went with knowing that his forearm bones had trenches dug out to where the claws slid back and forth like a track. ooo well.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 05:07 PM
sapphiremouse is currently offline Click here to Send sapphiremouse a Private Message Find more posts by sapphiremouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

i know nothing of the 616 or ultimate universes. i havent bought a comic in about 6-8 years. ive just my collection and general knowlege from back in the 80's and early 90's
There has been alot of changes with cap since then, the 616 Cap is the one fighting in the Civil War issues right now..... and Ultimate Cap can be found in comics called "The Ultimates" (in the ultimates, he kills his enemys without thinking twice) both the Civil War and The Ultimates are VERY good!

Think i got all disgruntled when they made wolverines claws actually apart of him and made out of bone. think marvel was desperately lookin for a gimick to sell issues.
Yeah since then Wolvie has regained his adamantium claws via Apocalypse, but i never liked wolvie in the first place lol!

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 5th, 2006 at 05:21 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 05:17 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Adamantium definitly

colossus broke vibranium before

I have returned

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 12:12 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Adamantium is actually harder and heavier, Vibranium in the other hand absorbs kinetic energy, which makes it uber to make weapons and space ships, since absorbing energy the engines lose less power. Adamantium is just hard.

Funnily enough Adamantium has been destroyed in the Guardians of the Galaxy future.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 01:25 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

well after reading abit...didnt know this. the entry to the handbook of marvel universe is false. in 2001 Avenger annual they said the shield is vibranium/steel which took place after Capt. America annual 8. so im not sure where the writers got all crossed up.

im old used to the old ways in comics, seems they always changing ideas and concepts.

You're right the shield was originally a steel, and vibranium mix, but then Marvel switched it to adamantium, and vibranium, making it nearly indestructible. I guess that in today's comics, steel just seems very weak.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 04:51 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Originally posted by Stoic
You're right the shield was originally a steel, and vibranium mix, but then Marvel switched it to adamantium, and vibranium, making it nearly indestructible. I guess that in today's comics, steel just seems very weak.
When did the change from steel to Adamantium mention in which comic?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 05:19 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

it was a writer's mistake and also a bui mix up that stated cap's shield was vibranium and adamantium composite.. in actuality it is still just an unknown steel alloy and vibranium..

anyways............

Adamantium also has a good lvl of kinetic absorption as stated by wolverine... Vibranium just happens to be better at it, not only does it absorb kinetic energy but also various energy types as well as store it. but it is still weaker then adamantium and it also has limits to how much energy it can safely absorb...

Cap's shield is the exception b/c it is not just Vibranium but a completely unique composite metal...

but to answer the question Adamantium is the strongest of them two. Vibranium has bn shredded by bone claws from wolverine to sabretooth.. both have damaged it.. wolverine has done it on cardiac vibranium armor and sabretooth on both Black panther's vibe suit and Mavericks vibranium armor..

also ironfist has ripped and torn black panther's vibe suit with blunt force damage..

also Mr. Fantastic has severely damaged Klaws vibe Claw cracking the outer shell with a weapon blast.

Vibranium has bn shown on panel damaged repeatedly on panel prior to hudlin's run and well after. Hudlin's Run just made vibranium look cooler.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 05:57 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I hate this threadstarter

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 06:14 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

do you want to team up and get him banned?

i help you with your problem and you help me with mine. evil face

Vibranium:

Pro's: Light, absorbs high degree of kinetic and various energy, malleable can be made into various items...

Negative: strength and durability barely above high grade steel, titanium and below: adamantium, Carbonadium and Adamantine

Adamantium:

Pro's: highly indestructible Dense, absorbs/Reduces Impact due to density.. requires exceptional heat to heat up due to density.... capable of disrupting certain magic/energy attacks due to density.

Con's : it is heavy as F$#@, can be radioactive depending in its manufacture and or highly toxic........ limited in its use for weapons due to its non malleability when it hardens hard to work with unless possessing molecular rearrangement tech.. the cost is astronomical a handful of shurikens would cost in the millions to create due to time and resources.. few ppl know how to make Grade A adamatium..

hmm..

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 06:29 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Re: Whats Stronger, Adamantium or Vibranium?

Originally posted by Galan007
which of these 2 metals is the best all around? (i.e. whats the stronger/more indestructible out of the 2?)
taking a hulk/thor/superman/shazam punch while holding a shield made of adamantium would kill the wielder, but the shield would be fine (albeit covered in gore).

a wakandan vibranium shield will buffer a ton of the force, this goes for armour also

adamanium is best used for rendering objects indestructible, usually offensive weaponry and the like, whereas the the more specialty items have either wakandan vibranium (or more rarely) antarctic vibranium in their designs.

a good exaple of the different applications for both metals in a character comparison are placing wolverine against t'challa (BP). one is nearly all offense (with some defensive properties) oriented in design whereas the other is for stealth (with some offensive (A. vibranium claws) applications).

technically when speaking of vibranium, it's usually wakandan since antarctic is rare and it's properties are very different than the wakandan element

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 08:13 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I thought adamantium had W-Vibranium in it which is what contributed to it's durability, just like Cap's shield. W-Vibranium is not as strong but is great at absorbing shocks and sound waves. Adamantium is definitely stronger but anti-metal can liquefy any metal, including adamantium I think.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 09:12 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote