KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:
Started by: JesusIsAlive

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Thats the story of your existance.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:32 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
You have made a comment without supporting it with any facts or proof.

Where is your proof that the events written in the bible happened as told?

And no, you may not use the bible itself as proof. You can't prove something by using it as evidence.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:32 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Originally posted by Lana
You can't prove something by using it as evidence.

Supershadow did it laughing

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:35 AM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where is your proof that the events written in the bible happened as told?

And no, you may not use the bible itself as proof. You can't prove something by using it as evidence.

You have just asked me to prove something to you without first proving your allegations to me. Did you forget that I asked you to prove your statemtent that the Bible contradicts itself?

Don' t skirt the issue or try to redirect the onus on me when the burden of proof is on you.

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:36 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Darth Kreiger

Yes, well, Supershadow is a delusional fool stick out tongue

But I see your point wink

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:36 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Skirting the issue again Lana? I wrote you a message in the post above yours.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:40 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

You have just asked me to prove something to you without first proving your allegations to me. Did you forget that I asked you to prove your statemtent that the Bible contradicts itself?

Don' t skirt the issue or try to redirect the onus on me when the burden of proof is on you.

Burden of Proof is on Religion, what you're saying is that if right now I said......"I'm God! Prove me wrong!" it would be up to non-religous folk to prove it, rather than the "God" to prove he is God

Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

laughing Did he release his supersecret I'm friends with God "New New Testament?"

Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Skirting the issue again Lana? I wrote you a message in the post above yours.

Actually I did, sorry

Mr Krieger

Originally posted by Alliance
laughing Did he release his supersecret I'm friends with God "New New Testament?"

Actually he says he IS God, on his new fansite

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:41 AM
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Man, how come everytime I try to talk to Lana someone interrupts. It is okay fellas she is a big girl she can answer for herself (I think).

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:42 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Actually he says he IS God, on his new fansite

Oh, I see. Well, I'll just have to kiss his @ss then.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:43 AM
Peach
mordrem

Burden of proof is on me?

You are the one who claims that what happened in the bible is true, it happened, etc.; without ever backing up your claims.

God disobeying his own commandments? One is "thou shall not murder/kill" (depending on the translation). God sure has no problems with killing people himself.

Supposedly anyone who doesn't believe will go to 'hell' (which is a concept that was invented by the Roman Catholic church in the middle ages, btw), but god forgives all. Which is it?

And how about the fact that different Christian sects have been known to leave out or edit parts of the bible they did not like? What about things that have been lost in translation?

Now, tell me where your proof that the events of the bible happened as told is.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:44 AM
Mr Krieger

You are the one who claims that what happened in the bible is true, it happened, etc.; without ever backing up your claims.

God disobeying his own commandments? One is "thou shall not murder/kill" (depending on the translation). God sure has no problems with killing people himself.

Supposedly anyone who doesn't believe will go to 'hell' (which is a concept that was invented by the Roman Catholic church in the middle ages, btw), but god forgives all. Which is it?

And how about the fact that different Christian sects have been known to leave out or edit parts of the bible they did not like? What about things that have been lost in translation?

There were some Historical accounts of battles/wars/people existing back in the day

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:46 AM
Peach
mordrem

There were some Historical accounts of battles/wars/people existing back in the day

I am aware of that, but that in itself does not prove that god exists, that Jesus is holy, etc.

It is also a well-known fact that many of Christianity's holidays were stolen from pagan religions.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:47 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

The Bible is Historical Fiction. It is not credible. I read fiction all the time thats not even historical fiction that uses real people, especially real places.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:48 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Alliance
The Bible is Historical Fiction. It is not credible. I read fiction all the time thats not even historical fiction that uses real people, especially real places.

People like to take it as fact, though, which I find rather silly.

So, JIA, how old is the earth?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:50 AM
Mr Krieger

I am aware of that, but that in itself does not prove that god exists, that Jesus is holy, etc.

It is also a well-known fact that many of Christianity's holidays were stolen from pagan religions.

Yea, I know, but some of the Bible is factual, or maybe it's the Ancient Way of making a Movie, like these fictional Squads in WW2 that were sent to capture Nazi Superweapons such as the Mech and Nazi Necromancy Book

Yes, Christmas was Norse

JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lana...(tries to repress laughter)....(sorry, I am trying to get my composure)...(eyes closed concentrating and chuckling still)...(5 minutes later). Okay, I can write now. Lana, those are not contradictions. Can someone out there, some kind soul out there in forum land please tell Lana what a contradiction is so that I can answer her question?

Mr Krieger

Lana...(tries to repress laughter)....(sorry, I am trying to get my composure)...(eyes closed concentrating and chuckling still)...(5 minutes later). Okay, I can write now. Lana, those are not contradictions. Can someone out there, some kind soul out there in forum land please tell Lana what a contradiction is so that I can answer her question?

Actually the first ones were, like God Murdering Millions of people suposedly, yet he sends people to hell for it *cough* Hypocrit *cough*

Oh wait, did JIA put me on Ignore a while back?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:51 AM