KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:
Started by: JesusIsAlive

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Lana...(tries to repress laughter)....(sorry, I am trying to get my composure)...(eyes closed concentrating and chuckling still)...(5 minutes later). Okay, I can write now. Lana, those are not contradictions. Can someone out there, some kind soul out there in forum land please tell Lana what a contradiction is so that I can answer her question?

Can we recruit a mod to ban?

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:54 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Originally posted by Alliance
Can we recruit a mod to ban?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:56 AM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Lana...(tries to repress laughter)....(sorry, I am trying to get my composure)...(eyes closed concentrating and chuckling still)...(5 minutes later). Okay, I can write now. Lana, those are not contradictions. Can someone out there, some kind soul out there in forum land please tell Lana what a contradiction is so that I can answer her question?

Actually, they ARE contradictions. A contradiction is, in it's simplest form, saying/doing one thing, and then later saying/doing the opposite.

God telling people to not kill or murder but happily doing it whenever he dislikes what man is doing with the free will he supposedly gave everyone is contradictory of his word, hypocritical, and if you really want to get into it, not wanting to take responsibility for his actions.

Claiming everyone will be damned to hell but then later going "but not really" is contradictory.

I'm sure that if I actually owned a bible I could find more, but to be honest, "debating" with you (can't even call it a debate as you do nothing but dodge questions and copy-paste answers) isn't worth the effort.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:57 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

You get back what you put fourth.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:02 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dark99
The End

laughing laughing laughing

oh boy sorry I had to laugh at you attempting to try to know what a contradiction is... can someone please tell JIA what a contradiction REALLY is...

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:02 AM
dark99 is currently offline Click here to Send dark99 a Private Message Find more posts by dark99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by dark99
laughing laughing laughing

oh boy sorry I had to laugh at you attempting to try to know what a contradiction is... can someone please tell JIA what a contradiction REALLY is...

JIA being nice to someone?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:10 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lana
Actually, they ARE contradictions. A contradiction is, in it's simplest form, saying/doing one thing, and then later saying/doing the opposite.

God telling people to not kill or murder but happily doing it whenever he dislikes what man is doing with the free will he supposedly gave everyone is contradictory of his word, hypocritical, and if you really want to get into it, not wanting to take responsibility for his actions.

Claiming everyone will be damned to hell but then later going "but not really" is contradictory.

I'm sure that if I actually owned a bible I could find more, but to be honest, "debating" with you (can't even call it a debate as you do nothing but dodge questions and copy-paste answers) isn't worth the effort.

Lana, I sincerely apologize for hurting your feelings. I already know that if I state my reasons why your questions are really not contradictions you will just find a way to make them so. So why bother?

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:16 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Lana, I sincerely apologize for hurting your feelings. I already know that if I state my reasons why your questions are really not contradictions you will just find a way to make them so. So why bother?

In other words, you cannot answer so you are making it out to be my fault.

Dodging the questions. Just as I called it.

I knew I was correct in deeming this not worth any time or effort.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:23 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lana
In other words, you cannot answer so you are making it out to be my fault.

Dodging the questions. Just as I called it.

I knew I was correct in deeming this not worth any time or effort.

God is sovereign Lana. You, me, and everyone else are not. God is Judge of all the earth, it is to Him that all people will answer for their sins, not the other way around. So having said all of that, God can arbitrarily choose to bring someone's life to an end in punishment for sin. It is His prerogative.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:32 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

You have made a comment without supporting it with any facts or proof.

What facts or proof have you EVER supplied on KMC forums ?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:33 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

God is sovereign Lana. You, me, and everyone else are not. God is Judge of all the earth, it is to Him that all people will answer for their sins, not the other way around. So having said all of that, God can arbitrarily choose to bring someone's life to an end in punishment for sin. It is His prerogative.

But the obvious detail remains, that God contradicts himself according to the entirety of the Bible...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:36 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Repent (change your mind) and turn from your sins Jesus Christ is coming soon.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 04:36 AM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

being coequal

is that like "seperate but equal"?

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 04:47 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

All you do is upset people JIA, but not in a good way. You may have good intentions, but practically speaking, you're an awful Christian.

Besides, have you changed anyone's mind here on KMC? Have you made any friends? Have you worked God's message? Probably no on all counts. It might be time to change tactics, or just move on from KMC. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, I wonder if there's multiple denominations of "non-denominational" Christians? wink

And Lana? Here? Dear Lord (i.e. David Hasslehoff until otherwise proven), I never expected to see that.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 05:00 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

Just out of curiosity JIA what does your user name actually mean?

Do you mean to say that 'Jesus is Alive' as in walking here on Earth among us or do you mean it in a metaphorical sense such as 'he's alive in our hearts?'

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 05:07 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DigiMark007
good intentions

I heard the road to hell was paved with them. But, I doubt he'd get it...since it's not in the bible.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 05:19 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by DigiMark007
or just move on from KMC.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 05:26 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
docb77
Thinker

Well now, back to the original question. Here's the basics of what I believe. (We in this case is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)

quote:
1 We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

This doesn't mean trinitarian doctrine. They function as one, They don't function as some mysterious three in one

quote:
2 We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.

Yep, the only one who will be punished for what Adam did or didn't do is Adam

quote:
3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

Basically we think that everyone, past, present, or future, will get the chance to accept or reject the gift Christ offers the world. Makes a bit more sense than thinking that just because someone didn't hear about Jesus in this life he's going to hell. Everyone is treated equally.

quote:
4 We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Self explanatory. You gotta have faith before anything else happens, but it isn't the only thing required.

quote:
5 We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and minister in the ordinances thereof.

Men can't just decide to be priests or prophets, God calls them through pre-established channels. Just like Aaron (Moses' brother) was called to his position.

quote:
6 We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

The Church of Christ should be pretty darn similar to the one Jesus actually set up.

quote:
7 We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

Self explanatory. Although I should clear up that we don't think that the gift of tongues involves having a seizure on the floor or just saying something that no one understands.

quote:
8 We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

Self explanatory.

quote:
9 We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

God hasn't stopped talking. The bible isn't the end of His dealings with His children.

quote:
10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

Well, literal would mean literal now wouldn't it.

quote:
11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own cconscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

Yep, let us worship as seems us best and we'll do the same for you.

quote:
12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law. [quote]

self-explanatory

[quote] 13 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

We look for anything that is good and true. Even things in other faiths.

I know we all rag on JIA, but the question is a good one as long as it's honestly asked. (I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here)

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 05:30 AM
docb77 is currently offline Click here to Send docb77 a Private Message Find more posts by docb77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

WHEN ARE WE gonna start IGNORING the rantings of JIA??

Oh maybe when he pisses of all the mods and brings back all the old threads and someone bans him?????

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 06:15 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I don't ignore problems. I'm unabel t solve this one immediately, so I was hoping for a ban, but JIA would just sock and that wouldn't change much.

Ignoing will only work if its done on a communal basis.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 06:24 AM