KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:
Started by: JesusIsAlive

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
docb77
Thinker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Docb77, do you believe as the Bible teaches that Jesus Christ has always existed and that (in His incarnation only) He was conceived of the Holy Spirit in the womb of Mary (who was a virgin at the time)?

As I explain in more detail in answer to the same question in another thread. That's mostly right. Jesus has always existed. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Ghost, and yes Mary was a virgin at the time (though after that she became a typical jewish mother/wife having other children).

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 03:48 AM
docb77 is currently offline Click here to Send docb77 a Private Message Find more posts by docb77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by docb77
As I explain in more detail in answer to the same question in another thread. That's mostly right. Jesus has always existed. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Ghost, and yes Mary was a virgin at the time (though after that she became a typical jewish mother/wife having other children).

So you took issue with the way that I phrased my question. I asked if you believed that Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit instead of by the power of the Holy Spirit. That is perhaps where the breakdown in communication occurred. But Jesus in His (incarnation only) was (at the time that He became flesh i.e. human) Child of the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was conceived in Mary's womb and was described as being of the Holy Spirit (in stark contrast to being described as being of Joseph). The point: is that Jesus true Father is God and not Joseph. But this does not take anything away from the Lord Jesus. Remember: Jesus Christ has always existed. But He was not called Jesus until He became flesh (i.e. human). Jesus Name or appellation in eternity past was the Word. Actually Jesus had several designations in eternity during His pre-incarnation.

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Last edited by JesusIsAlive on Oct 9th, 2006 at 05:08 AM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 05:05 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote