KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who is Marvel's Wonder Woman?

Who is Marvel's Wonder Woman?
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HulkIsHulk

LAdy sif perhaps

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 09:57 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
I'd like to think comparisons go like this:
She Hulk - Power Girl

Because they both work out a lot?
I'd like to think comparisons go like this:
Tarene/Thor Girl - Mary Marvel

I agree

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:11 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Which- Squadron Supereme or Supreme Power?

Again, we should stay away from deliberate analogue characters.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 05:48 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Other than the clones, there really isn't even a Marvel Superman analog, let alone a Wonder Woman one.

I'd say the closest Marvel ever got (again, not counting deliberate clones) is Tony Stark being somewhat analogous to Batman, ie, both wealthy men with penchants for women and tech.

As per this thread: Storm may be closest, mainly due to name recognition thanks to the X-men movies. In terms of powerset...perhaps Sharon Ventura as Ms. Marvel; however, she has no where near the name recognition.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 07:10 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Carol as Captain Marvel is closer than she was as Ms. Marvel, IMO. Got a more 'I'm an icon to girls in my world' look to her now.

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Because they both work out a lot?

Both She-Hulk and Power Girl are outgoing, muscular, self-assured heroines. There's also a parallel between Jen's lawyer career and Karen's business career, as civilians they're professionals in roles of high standing.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 12:37 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Q99
Carol as Captain Marvel is closer than she was as Ms. Marvel, IMO. Got a more 'I'm an icon to girls in my world' look to her now.
Works for me.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2015 07:36 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

I say Thor

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 09:57 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Marvel didn't set out in the 1960's to create their own versions of DC characters - it was actually the opposite, to do what hadn't been done in comics before and turn the medium on it's head. But as it worked out, aspects of power and personality of DC's big three are spread out among dozens of Marvel characters (discounting deliberate analogue characters like Hyperion, Gladiator etc.)

Superman - Spider Man (the sunny central character of the company)
Captain America
Silver Surfer
Thor (the closest comparable, though early in his career
he was more like another version of Shazam)
Sentry (arguably closer to Miracleman)

Batman - Moon Knight
Spider Man
Iron Man (very close in terms of character, being rich,
paranoid control freaks who aren't far removed from
being a dictator in the name of justice)
Daredevil (probably the closest comparable)
The Punisher

Wonder Woman - Thor (mythological might)
She-Hulk
Storm (close personalities)
Valkyrie
Thundra
Captain Marvel
Thor Girl/Tarene

But now that Neil Gaiman's Angela is at Marvel, and seeing how she's Thor' s half sister and seems close to matching his might & fighting prowess - maybe she's the one, going forward.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Well, the debate is still ongoing.

I just picture a match between the top female bricks from DC & Marvel, and DC having 4 characters that are all Shazam/Superman-like: Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Power Girl and Mary Marvel.

Marvel has Captain Marvel and Angela right now, while neither Thundra nor She-Hulk can fly. Thor should bring back Tarene as Thor Girl, somehow.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2016 01:46 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

there is no, nor has there ever been a marvel analog for ww. thor is close. i guess female thor is closer-ish but in terms of what she is meant to represent, there isn't anyone near her. no female character in marvel comes close to the history she has, nor to the ideal she was meant to represent. thor in power, but that's as far as it goes. marvel has no real history of iconic female characters--it still doesn't imo let alone any that would come within a light year of cracking the company's 'trinity'.....

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 12:06 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by leonidas
there is no, nor has there ever been a marvel analog for ww. thor is close. i guess female thor is closer-ish but in terms of what she is meant to represent, there isn't anyone near her. no female character in marvel comes close to the history she has, nor to the ideal she was meant to represent. thor in power, but that's as far as it goes. marvel has no real history of iconic female characters--it still doesn't imo let alone any that would come within a light year of cracking the company's 'trinity'.....

I believe this 100%

I also believe that with the power of the MCU and how it is affecting our culture, Captain Marvel - which will be the second female led major superhero movie after WW - will catapult her into the territory of being the face of woman superheros for Marvel, in the same way Iron Man has become the face of Marvel in this generation.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 12:22 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i hope you're right.....

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 12:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote