KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Elrond vs Aragorn

Elrond vs Aragorn
Started by: st@rlight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
st@rlight
twilight

Miffed Elrond vs Aragorn

if there was a battle between elrond and aragorn, who do you think it would win?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 03:07 PM
st@rlight is currently offline Click here to Send st@rlight a Private Message Find more posts by st@rlight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

ARAGORN all the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 04:38 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
st@rlight
twilight

i say elrond!!!!!!!!!! his an elfbig grin . now i realise that aragorn and elrond are relatives... intereting...so aragorn is a relative with arwenno expression

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 06:18 PM
st@rlight is currently offline Click here to Send st@rlight a Private Message Find more posts by st@rlight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

How is Aragon and Elrond related?

Any who ignoring the lack of knowledge Aragon would win this battle.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 12:28 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
st@rlight
twilight

i don't think so. elves have sharper reflexes and are more powerful and wise. elrond has thousands of years in his back... he fought in many great wars... he has a very good exercise....
by the way, elrond had a brother elros (elros chose to be a man, and his heirs were numenorian and later gondorian kings, aragorn the last heir of elros) .so aragorn is a nephiew of elrond. am i right?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 11:37 AM
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

He's a very, very, very distant relative of Elrond and Arwen something like 62 Generations seperates Elros (and thus Elrond) and Aragorn (Not including themselves). I feel sorry for Aragorns son Eldarion hes Elronds Grandson (Maternal) or his Great x63 Grand Nephew (Paternal) as Aragorn is Elronds Great x62 Grand Nephew.

This also means that Arwen and Aragorn are cousins, approximately 62 times removed (on Aragorn's side only, for in Arwen there have been only 2 generations)

I'm not sure who would win I'd be tempted to say Aragorn however.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:26 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

quote: (post)
Originally posted by thefallen544
He's a very, very, very distant relative of Elrond and Arwen something like 62 Generations seperates Elros (and thus Elrond) and Aragorn (Not including themselves). I feel sorry for Aragorns son Eldarion hes Elronds Grandson (Maternal) or his Great x63 Grand Nephew (Paternal) as Aragorn is Elronds Great x62 Grand Nephew.

This also means that Arwen and Aragorn are cousins, approximately 62 times removed (on Aragorn's side only, for in Arwen there have been only 2 generations)

Um..... yes! big grin

Incest sick

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 03:25 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Hardly even with like two generations its not incest so for 62 generations removed...I mean Jesus give the guy a break. "I can't love you because we are 62 Generations apart yet still alas related"

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 04:54 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
st@rlight
twilight

so, i was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!!smilebig grin

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 12:46 PM
st@rlight
twilight

A QUESTION TO THE FALLEN: from where do you know all these things? are them written in the silmarillion?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 12:48 PM
vanice
traceur

I'm not sure who would win I'd be tempted to say Aragorn however.

HAHA, this is kinda fun . I think Aragorn the second, which is the Aragorn we know, is the 65 generation of Elros. I'm not 100% sure but something like that. stick out tongue

don't know much about elronds skills in battle. so I'll say Aragorn just for the sake of it.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 04:26 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Hardly even with like two generations its not incest so for 62 generations removed...I mean Jesus give the guy a break. "I can't love you because we are 62 Generations apart yet still alas related"

laughing Still incest stick out tongue

Just kidding

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 04:54 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thtadthtshldntb

This is not even a contest, Elrond is a powerful magician and experienced warrior with a Ring of Power.

J.R.R. Tolkien, "Of Beren and Luthien" from the Silmarilion

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 04:55 PM
thtadthtshldntb is currently offline Click here to Send thtadthtshldntb a Private Message Find more posts by thtadthtshldntb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Elrond is a powerful healer and does have some qualities one would call "magic" but seeing as how little even the Wizards use magic in battles I doubt that would come into play. Furthermore a ring of power isn't an offensive too especially the Elven Rings.

Whilst Vilya the ring Elrond held was the most powerful of the Three Elven rings its powers seemed to be more passive. The Elven rings could slow down the decay of things and areas for example Elrond and Gladriel are known to have used their rings to keep Imaldris (Rivendell) and Lorien going. When the three left Middle-earth powerless all that was made with them would decay and crumble over time.

Elrond was an experienced warrior however he would have had a large part in Aragorns upbringing and his training furthermore Aragorn had been fighting wars for the best part of his life serving Gondor and Rohan. Not to mention Aragorns skills as a Ranger. Far from being a close contest I'd say it was extremely close.

----------
@: st@rlight: Many family trees have been published such as "The Line of Elros" by tracing the family line back through Aragorns ancestors we can work out roughly how many Generations there is. "The Lords of Andunie" have never been truly known the number is believed to be about 18.

From Elros to Silmarien there are 3 Generations not including either. Between Silmarien and Elendil there at 18 Generations not counting either. Between Elendil and Aragorn there are 39 Generations not counting either. Adding on Silmarien and Elendil as we didn't count them earlier we get (39+18+3+2) which gives us 62. Okay my math may be a bit off but that seems how it was worked out in the equations I've seen...lots of numbers.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 07:04 PM
st@rlight
twilight

aha...interesting... confused you have a really really good memorysmile...

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 04:20 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by st@rlight
A QUESTION TO THE FALLEN: from where do you know all these things? are them written in the silmarillion?

The Appendix has family trees and such and even explains some of these things further.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 07:34 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stupid Rookie

I really think Elrond would destroy Aragon. I mean the guy has been fighting for thousands of years. I know he wasn't as powerful as Gilgalad (spelling) but he was supposed to be close and G went toe to toe with Sauron.

Elron has more experience, and magic. He could beat Aragon.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 10:08 PM
Stupid Rookie is currently offline Click here to Send Stupid Rookie a Private Message Find more posts by Stupid Rookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

As a swordsman I think Aragorn was more skillful, he was fighting wars most of his life aiding the nations of Gondor and Rohan as well as being trained by the Elven folk and a Ranger. Elrond was powerful no doubt but he was more of a healer and I doubt much of his power would be focussed into sword skill. Whilst one can be powerful yet not that good in combat. Gil-Galad and Elendil both faced off against Sauron. By their joint effort he was cast down yet both men were slain. Elrond was Gil-Galad's herald, whilst he was skilled in combat I'm not sure he could outmatch Aragorn in open combat.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 03:32 PM
Light Warrior

Re: Elrond vs Aragorn

Originally posted by st@rlight
if there was a battle between elrond and aragorn, who do you think it would win?

Hard to say..Elrond is a elf. They are overpowered.. But Aragorn is a great warrior, I dont think i can answer this. It's hard to know.

The Guardeen has croxxed da gote

[b][color=brown]A tvviizt myth.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 07:15 PM
Light Warrior is currently offline Click here to Send Light Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Light Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Many family trees have been published such as "The Line of Elros" by tracing the family line back through Aragorns ancestors we can work out roughly how many Generations there is. "The Lords of Andunie" have never been truly known the number is believed to be about 18.

From Elros to Silmarien there are 3 Generations not including either. Between Silmarien and Elendil there at 18 Generations not counting either. Between Elendil and Aragorn there are 39 Generations not counting either. Adding on Silmarien and Elendil as we didn't count them earlier we get (39+18+3+2) which gives us 62. Okay my math may be a bit off but that seems how it was worked out in the equations I've seen...lots of numbers.

I once figured this out too.

On the debate: Elrond is more powerful and would win, imo, because of his experience, the fact that he an elf, the ring of power, his 6.25% Maia blood. Aragorn was trained to fight by the elves, but I see no indication that he could surpass the elves in skill. The sons of Elrond are shown to have significant effect in battle, which is why they are mentioned as being present on one of the hills at the gates of Mordor. I see no indication that Aragorn was actually superior to them.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 12:28 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote