KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Elrond vs Aragorn

Elrond vs Aragorn
Started by: st@rlight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vanice
traceur

Ok. I wonder in what way it's more powerful. I don't question it, just wondering what it means.

Different sources say differently, apparently. The second appendix and the chapter in silmarillion "about the rings of power" says gil-galad gave it to cirdan. but unfinished tales says he got in directly form Celebrimbor, the elf who forged the elven rings.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 07:39 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

I'd trust the Sil over UT in that case, I use UT when no other source as such is available. However all were ideas of Tolkein at some point.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 04:42 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

Yeah me to, some things in UT are just notes in the margin, whilst it says something else on the paper. One can't say what exactly he meant.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 05:59 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bain

Elrong always has such a big robe on because hes hiding his walker.

Aragorn all the way.

Both similar, but they have awesome scenes the other doesnt:

http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbm...trailer_500.asx

http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbm.../teaser_500.asx

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 11:57 AM
Bain is currently offline Click here to Send Bain a Private Message Find more posts by Bain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nenarye
Iluvatar

quote: (post)
Originally posted by thefallen544
I'd trust the Sil over UT in that case, I use UT when no other source as such is available. However all were ideas of Tolkein at some point.

I don't know if I'd say that. The UT goes farther into depth of certain storys in the Silm, therefore {one would think} giving more information. Those margins and notes give a lot of information BTW.

http://z14.************.com/Ultimate_Star_Wars/index.php?act=idx

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 02:49 AM
nenarye is currently offline Click here to Send nenarye a Private Message Find more posts by nenarye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

True, I trust UT when the stories don't contradict those in the Sil. If they just add information or are a totally different story then I'll always trust UT just not if its saying the opposite of the Sil.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 12:40 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates-Orlie
I'm the greatest PotC-fan

I'd hope Aragorn to win, but I think Elrond has a bigger chance.

Orlando Bloom is sooooo hot.....

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 05:43 PM
Pirates-Orlie is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates-Orlie a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates-Orlie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

Sharper reflexes, physically stronger, power of a ring and wisdom of time all say Elrond.

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 09:16 AM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

Originally posted by bogen
Sharper reflexes, physically stronger, power of a ring and wisdom of time all say Elrond.

since when is Elrond stronger than Aragorn? No way man...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 04:49 PM
bogen

Originally posted by vanice
since when is Elrond stronger than Aragorn? No way man...

Since he's an an elf, since he lead the joint armys of the freeworld against souron, since he held one of the rings of power.

Just because aragorns fighting ability was chafed up in the movies doesnt mean the books say the same.

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 12:57 AM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

Originally posted by bogen
Since he's an an elf, since he lead the joint armys of the freeworld against souron, since he held one of the rings of power.

Just because aragorns fighting ability was chafed up in the movies doesnt mean the books say the same.

So elf = stronger? ... hell no.
if you would have taken the time and read what I and thefallen discussed on this very thread you would find that the rings of power doesn't boost physically.

And tell me where it says in the book that Elrond is a fighter at all. He aint.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 05:29 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Yup, he was a healer, we have no real specific proof of his abilities as far as I know. All we can do is assume, and though abscence of proof is not proof of abscence, I think we have enough on Aragorn to say that he can to the least fight Elrond to a close, and most likely win....

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 05:33 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

yeah aragorn wins

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 12:58 AM
tulakhordpwns is currently offline Click here to Send tulakhordpwns a Private Message Find more posts by tulakhordpwns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Biccie

Elrond all the way! In experience alone, he helped get the one ring back originally.

Also he has plenty of magic to use. Don't forget the film missed the bit that it was Elrond that created the river wash to get rid of the black riders when arwen was taking frondo to rivendell, so he has more than just healing powers.

Although i think aragorn is fantastic, in this fight, it has to be Elrond.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 09:20 PM
Biccie is currently offline Click here to Send Biccie a Private Message Find more posts by Biccie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cap'n Happy

Re: Elrond vs Aragorn

Originally posted by st@rlight
if there was a battle between elrond and aragorn, who do you think it would win?

This is foolish, apparently you don't read the books. As a great Elvin lord, Elrond is quite beyond even the skills of Aragon. Pitted against lower ranked Elves like Legolas that's one thing, but Elrond? Not a chance. Some of the posters here, quite up on thier JRR say otherwise- but how do you get past the obvious superiority inherent in Elves over men (even men descended from Westerness)? Elves clarely have greater speed, strength, reflexes to men... and I just can't buy Elrond as a simple healer/scholar type. I don't recall ever reading one way or the other in the books, but why assume this? The sons of Elrond are wariors, why not Elrond himself?

Last edited by Cap'n Happy on Feb 3rd, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 10:07 PM
Cap'n Happy is currently offline Click here to Send Cap'n Happy a Private Message Find more posts by Cap'n Happy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Elrond was a warrior, but he swore that he would never fight again after the betrayal of Isiuldur. He then became a healer, but still had all of his years of warfare and training.
Aragorn was a powerful fighter, but his skills were spread out between survival and fighting, and he had less time to learn either of them- especially when compared with elrond's thousands of years.

Elrond wins hands down, if you could convince him to fight.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 12:23 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vaiem
Junior Shredder

Gotta go with Elrond on this one. He's got the experience and the mindset to come out triumphant. But Aragorn would put up a good fight.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2008 05:53 PM
Vaiem is currently offline Click here to Send Vaiem a Private Message Find more posts by Vaiem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote